Sesame Street sure has changed since I was a kid!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Darn, the video has been removed by the user!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Well, I am actually older than Sesame street. :rolleyes: But things change so often. I remember when Disney films called people idiots and characters smoked, that is what I grew up with. I am about 15 years behind children shows now. I don't even know what is popular.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There seems to be a big controversy over what she is wearing and her boobies. I did not even notice until someone pointed it out!!!

I think I will stick with Bear in the Big Blue House. But even Bear can act very normal when it comes to Old Doc Hog, Jeramiah, or Lois. Sometimes he seems downright irritated by them!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I saw the video too and maybe its cause i am "younger" lol but it would have been catchy if the clothing was dumbed down a bit, a little to racey for my kidos

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
When I watched it, I really didn't think anything of it. The more I watched the more I thought it was probably what she was wearing.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I heard about this on the news, and was expecting to see something totally HORRIBLE! I really didn't think it was that bad. Everything's changed so much since my kids were little, most young Mom's I see at Wal-Mart are dressed about like she was. Nothing was flopping out, I doubt small children would be paying attention to her, anyway. Don't they watch Elmo?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
....did anyone see the new Axe commercial? And that's on daytime TV. If you haven't, google it on youtube.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent really ever gotten into sesame street so I cant compare this but the first thing I did think was the boob factor when I saw the dress. Not that she was all out there or anything but still when it is geared for kids like 4~ish why would you not just wear something a little more covered up? And I am SO not a prude by any means either so I can imagine what other people thought about it who are more uptight.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I didn't think it was bad, and I doubt any 4 yr old will notice or think anything about the bare upper chest... I'm kinda worried about the up coming Pamela Anderson guest appearance though :p

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I don't even have little ones but the first time I saw this, I thought the top was just too low cut for Sesame Street. It was a cute song and could've been done with a different outfit and been just as cute. Whoever styled that video should've known better - it's Sesame Street, fault on the side of conservatism. I've heard lots of my friends who are parents on Facebook say they thought it was fine...so maybe I am just conservative when it comes to these things?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think its played out in the media to be a bigger deal than it should be but in general when you are dressing for a kids show WHY would that be the outfit you choose?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Technically,,,,it wasn't bare. The dress was a tank top style. The top half was nude colored...just like ice skaters wear.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Technically,,,,it wasn't bare. The dress was a tank top style. The top half was nude colored...just like ice skaters wear.

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it but it appears much more sheer than the ice skater's costumes and she has much larger breasts than most figure skaters.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.