What's for dinner tonight? I've got the smoker going...and . . .

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
So I did a SAM's run first thing this morning, I picked up some ribs, and some pork shoulders, stuff to make meatloaf and chili -

Ribs are on cruise control (Smoking done, wrapped in foil to finish)

Pork Shoulders have another 6 hours to go

Chili is in the slow cooker

Meatloaf...well it'll get started (maybe after a NAP!)

So I ask Dottie, which do you want for dinner? LOL

I try to cook when its nice weather out, and then we 'Food Saver' (Vacuum Seal) portions, then during the week its so much easier :) :)

So...whatcha all think? what are you having for dinner?

Oh and I have about 30 lbs of sweet potatoes to make into mashed sweet potatoes, and for sweet potato pie :) :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Arby's........ LOL

I usually make dinner but we have some running around to do when I pick up Lari so I suggested Arby's and she said fine. ;)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
So I did a SAM's run first thing this morning, I picked up some ribs, and some pork shoulders, stuff to make meatloaf and chili -

I try to cook when its nice weather out, and then we 'Food Saver' (Vacuum Seal) portions, then during the week its so much easier :) :)

Oh and I have about 30 lbs of sweet potatoes to make into mashed sweet potatoes, and for sweet potato pie :) :)

I'm having whatever you and Dottie decide just tell me what time to be there :gimmefood:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

You should share some of your recipes on EBN sister site Tastetestedrecipes.com :2thumbs:

I would do ribs Yummmmm :drool:

We are having macaroni with gravy, meatballs, sausage. Salad and bread :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am going to be home alone, I am making a white spinach pizza....

by the way, I love love love our smoker! it is electric and we use it all the time. Great for Thanksgiving, we do a smoked turkey, Love it.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Carne Asada Burritos. We are currently billeting two 17 year old hockey players - the amount of food those two can consume is mind boggling.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, was gonna say- must be aging a huge party. Lol that is very smart actually it sounds like a grip of work all at once. And the dishes I imagine make me anxious. :lol: sadly for dinner tonight we are having something easy and not exciting. Hubby has been out of town and the girls could care less. Actually made hamburger helper Monday night (something I never do) and we still ave some to dump out now. Kids wanted that over grilled cheese, wth is wrong with my kids?! Tomorrow I am making hubbies bday dinner which will be either manicotti or stuffed shells, his fav.

Smoker? I have one and don't use it cuz I don't really know how. Hubby bought it for me some years ago and I only used it couple times. Bbqs r easy but this thing has me intimidated. And yes you need to join out recipe forum tastetestedrecipes.com :D

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin

You don't happen to live near Sarasota FL by any chance???? :ROFL: My husband is the "king of barbecue". If we had a smoker, heaven help us.... Hmm! our 25th coming up in Jan. so you have given me a thought.... It all sounds wonderful by the way.. We are having Butternut Squash Ravioli with with chicken and my own cream sauce and a salad. Worked all day so will have to suffice :yes:

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to be home alone, I am making a white spinach pizza....

by the way, I love love love our smoker! it is electric and we use it all the time. Great for Thanksgiving, we do a smoked turkey, Love it.

We like our electric box smoker, but the clean up ! OMG 4 racks, drip trays full of grease etc etc etc... but it makes some kick *** ribs :)

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You should share some of your recipes on EBN sister site Tastetestedrecipes.com :2thumbs:

I would do ribs Yummmmm :drool:

We are having macaroni with gravy, meatballs, sausage. Salad and bread :)

I'll check it out :) however, I can never make the same thing exactly the same Twice ! LOL this time I dumped in some of the rib juices that were smoked, into the chili YUMMM :)) very good :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We like our electric box smoker, but the clean up ! OMG 4 racks, drip trays full of grease etc etc etc... but it makes some kick *** ribs :)

Ours has a self cleaner mode, then all we need to do it empty the drip pan, AWESOME

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.