Quandry

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
"Change doesnt' always bring progress....but progress always brings change" You have to decide which one applies to you right now..... I have lived many places in the US and abroad and done many different things in my life. Having done so I have experienced the great, the good and the awful.... In all of this the things I found to be the most precious are the experiences, that allowed me to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones. Now my age may be a factor in all of this ( early 50's:crying:) and have had so many life experiences that "peace of mind" is a major factor in how I live my life now. Good luck with your dilemna and I'm sure you will have more advice than you need now that you have asked for it...:D

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
If the hassles are a concern right now, then I'd say *NO DONT DO IT* there is more in life than a few $$$ more, and as you said, Minimal payraise for 3 times the hassles.

My sanity and my home time is more important to me than the money. I'm not even going back to the IT Field, I was commuting 48 miles each way, 6am until 3pm M-F

I *hopefully* start a new job soon (waiting on background check) 20% pay cut, but 4 miles from home, 4 10 hour days Tues - Friday and you get paid for the work you do (Warehouse work) yea its physical, get off of my *** and use some muscles (I hope I can do the physical part of the job)

Think long and hard about it, but for me personally, It'll be a NO

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have decided that this is not the position for me at this time. Thank you all for your input.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
A good friend of mine was in the same situation two years ago. He actually accepted the position and hated it. A year and a half later he actually asked to be demoted back to his old position. The new position paid a good bit more but it wasn't really worth it. He was away from his family way more than before, the job encroached and imposed on his family vacations and his personal life in general. He ended up stressed out and had blood pressure issues. He had figured he take the position with the raise and his wife, who is also in the same field, could stay home with their kids. Well they both hated the job, he resented it for the fact that it took him away from important time, the IRS got a good chunk, and she hated it because while it let her stay home he was always working or answering calls/emails from work. Personally for such a small increase I wouldn't give up the quality of life you have now. Good luck deciding.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I have decided that this is not the position for me at this time. Thank you all for your input.

I think this was an easy one for the rest of us but not for you :nope: I think you have made the choice that in the long run will make you the happiest. Life is full of possibilities and you are obviously open to them so Kudos to you all round :2thumbs:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Good for you!! :bravo: It takes courage to turn down a "promotion" because we are brought up in a society where you are expected to accept every offer!! You were strong enough to consider all the options and make the best decision for you and your family!!! :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:whew: I was so hoping you went that way..... just noting about it sounded like it was a positive road for you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.