Thread: Quandry

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Quandry

Quote Originally Posted by agingermom View Post
    That is the only thing holding me back is how it would affect the family. We have a good schedule going now which took a few years to get too.
    If I take it and fail or don't like it, I could get black balled from management again or even desireable jobs. Or I have to wait for a job to open like the one I am in (which may be never). I will have leftone dept that could ostrasize me for leaving as well. I think the "what if" is the driving force here
    thrving on challenges is what I like but this is a challenge many have failed on or hated prior to me. No one stays for long.

Listen to yourself. Sounds like the no's outweigh the pro's.

1). How it affects your family. Extremely important

2) if it doesn't work out, you lose much more than you gain IF it does.

3) Do you have the magical potion that others before didn't? ESPECIALLY with uncooperative management? Trouble above/ Trouble below. Sounds like walking a plank to me.

After reading YOUR own answers, I hear more doubts than not.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly. No you see the quandry. Few bennies lots of cons

I'm a good girl, I promise

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I am not in the healthcare industry but I understand your need to grow and challenge yourself in your career. I think it's healthy you recognize that as important to you. That said, you've been working a job where you've had weekends and holidays off for many years. Perhaps you forget how truly miserable it is to have to be away from friends, family, and loved ones during those times? Can you put a price on that? There is no right or wrong answer but it's just something you may want to consider in weighing your decision.

Good luck making your decision!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

"Change doesnt' always bring progress....but progress always brings change" You have to decide which one applies to you right now..... I have lived many places in the US and abroad and done many different things in my life. Having done so I have experienced the great, the good and the awful.... In all of this the things I found to be the most precious are the experiences, that allowed me to spend time with my family, friends and loved ones. Now my age may be a factor in all of this ( early 50's:crying and have had so many life experiences that "peace of mind" is a major factor in how I live my life now. Good luck with your dilemna and I'm sure you will have more advice than you need now that you have asked for it...

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

If the hassles are a concern right now, then I'd say *NO DONT DO IT* there is more in life than a few $$$ more, and as you said, Minimal payraise for 3 times the hassles.

My sanity and my home time is more important to me than the money. I'm not even going back to the IT Field, I was commuting 48 miles each way, 6am until 3pm M-F

I *hopefully* start a new job soon (waiting on background check) 20% pay cut, but 4 miles from home, 4 10 hour days Tues - Friday and you get paid for the work you do (Warehouse work) yea its physical, get off of my *** and use some muscles (I hope I can do the physical part of the job)

Think long and hard about it, but for me personally, It'll be a NO

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

I have decided that this is not the position for me at this time. Thank you all for your input.

I'm a good girl, I promise

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

A good friend of mine was in the same situation two years ago. He actually accepted the position and hated it. A year and a half later he actually asked to be demoted back to his old position. The new position paid a good bit more but it wasn't really worth it. He was away from his family way more than before, the job encroached and imposed on his family vacations and his personal life in general. He ended up stressed out and had blood pressure issues. He had figured he take the position with the raise and his wife, who is also in the same field, could stay home with their kids. Well they both hated the job, he resented it for the fact that it took him away from important time, the IRS got a good chunk, and she hated it because while it let her stay home he was always working or answering calls/emails from work. Personally for such a small increase I wouldn't give up the quality of life you have now. Good luck deciding.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

I have decided that this is not the position for me at this time. Thank you all for your input.
    I think this was an easy one for the rest of us but not for you I think you have made the choice that in the long run will make you the happiest. Life is full of possibilities and you are obviously open to them so Kudos to you all round

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Good for you!! It takes courage to turn down a "promotion" because we are brought up in a society where you are expected to accept every offer!! You were strong enough to consider all the options and make the best decision for you and your family!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I was so hoping you went that way..... just noting about it sounded like it was a positive road for you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads