Anyone feeling the fall weather yet??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] we'll be in Tobyhana weekend after next. I just checked the weather and fall foilage forecast for that weekend (weather prediction wasn't really helpful).

My brother lives up that way in Messhoppen... I'll ask him what it is like and let you know

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:halloween17: It's cooled down a lot lately--only in low 80's this weekend, and there's even rain in the upcoming forecast! Yay!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
See...wet!! It's always blooming wet here. In fact this year was officially the wettest year on record..again!

Angie, I'm usually sharing your weather exactly. This year, not so. I'm a sun goddess - I go to the tanning bed year 'round (no, I'm not orange, I swear!) because the sunlight helps my brain deal with the greyness here. There's been no need for these visits this summer and fall. In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to some rain because the forests are so dry. Of course, Bo and Bea both prefer the cooler weather and LOVE the snow. Our long fall walks are still "summertime short" these days....

L

Lucy-licious

Angie, I'm usually sharing your weather exactly. This year, not so. I'm a sun goddess - I go to the tanning bed year 'round (no, I'm not orange, I swear!) because the sunlight helps my brain deal with the greyness here. There's been no need for these visits this summer and fall. In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to some rain because the forests are so dry. Of course, Bo and Bea both prefer the cooler weather and LOVE the snow. Our long fall walks are still "summertime short" these days....

So that's why we had double the rain fall..cos we had yours too :ROFL:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We are still in drought conditions here in SE Wisconsin.......... 40% chance of rain tomorrow,,,, which means there is a 60% chance that the weathermen are WRONG once again.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well its cold and rainy here this week. im glad it colder now i can go out with sarah to places without worrying about overheating her. :D i never dreamed id turn into a winter girl.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
@elearn my parents live in Pocono Pines (the next town over from Tobyhanna)....it's typical Poconos fall...winter. The "fall" is beautiful but it lasts from late August to early October mostly. After that it just get's cold quickly.

I grew up there and always wore snow suits under my halloween costume :(

Not that Pittsburgh is much better right now: a beautiful 32 degrees.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Its freezing overnight here now... Theres been snow in the forecast but they have been wrong so far, but its coming... I can feel it lol. Theres apprarently no such thing as fall here. One year we had snow every month, july and august included!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
@elearn my parents live in Pocono Pines (the next town over from Tobyhanna)....it's typical Poconos fall...winter. The "fall" is beautiful but it lasts from late August to early October mostly. After that it just get's cold quickly.

I grew up there and always wore snow suits under my halloween costume :(

Not that Pittsburgh is much better right now: a beautiful 32 degrees.

Thanks for the info. Last time I went I stayed in Albrightsville - and there was a bad windstorm that had knocked all the leaves off the trees - so all the fall leaves had fallen onto the ground. LOL I do remember lighting the fireplace while we were there, so I guess we'll be doing that as well this time.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Love Fall in Florida... Upper 80's, sunny and low humdity all week. Perfect.....:2thumbs: While most people are taking in their summer furniture we are getting ready to sit outdoors for the next six months....:p Lived in the NE for many years and am perfectly happy here Thank you! :laugh:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Kind of cold here now..saw a few people with their lighter wool jackets on so far. My kids were asking when we were putting the heat on. We are in the upper 50's and today seems like the low 60's.

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Was actually cool here in north Florida this morning. I think it was 59 on my thermometer when I took Herschel out for his morning romp. Still getting in the 80s during the day but I'm not complaining.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.