Yard Odor Remedy ?? I can't find the post !

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I saw a post, I think last week, talking about a concoction put into a hard sprayer, that knocked down the odor in the yard, as we have a small area fenced off for the 'pee patch' it REALLY could use this concoction... especially with the windows open! :bad::bad:

Thanks !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: I remember reading it too.... Maybe, [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] or [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] will know it

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I will caution that if it is Simple Green, take care. I am highly allergic to something in simple green. It's Instant asthma in a spray bottle for me. With bully allergies and breathing difficulties I would hesitate to try it knowing how it affects my breathing.

I have heard lime works well, but have no experience with it.
Vinegar is a natural and safe deodorizer too.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I will caution that if it is Simple Green, take care. I am highly allergic to something in simple green. It's Instant asthma in a spray bottle for me. With bully allergies and breathing difficulties I would hesitate to try it knowing how it affects my breathing.

I have heard lime works well, but have no experience with it.
Vinegar is a natural and safe deodorizer too.

I can't stand the smell of Simple Green myself. I do know powdered lime does work.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think that was Lisa? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Here in the Northwest, our friend rain normally keeps stuff like this well-managed. This year, however, has been the awesomest summer ever and Bo's fav spot in the gravel path to the front porch is well....ripe. I mean really ripe. Like, I-can't-open-that-window-when-the-sun-shines-directly-on-it-ripe. Since I don't use an chemicals in the yard, I've been just remembering to "rinse the rocks" everytime I water the rosebushes over there. It's helped --- but barely. Hopefully the rains will wash it away. If it were something intolerable (we do put up with a lot don't we?), I might try baking soda - which certainly couldn't hurt anything.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Someone had said, laundry detergent, bleach and put into a lawn spray bottle (that you put on the end of the hose) I *THINK* they were the ingredients, but I dont know what ratio or if there was something else added :nope:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i was looking this up and found this. is this what you were talking about [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] if you put in yard smell in the search box all several old threads come up about it.

I have found that biological washing powder helps on concrete and flagging though...I scrub my yard with a solution of biological powder which I dilute in hot water then top up with cold....then rince the soapy suda away and spray with a lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda solution and leave to dry naturally. Hot water makes the smell worse as does bleaching products xx

Last edited:
OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well i was looking this up and found this. not sure if this is the one you are talking about. @RaRett

I have found that biological washing powder helps on concrete and flagging though...I scrub my yard with a solution of biological powder which I dilute in hot water then top up with cold....then rince the soapy suda away and spray with a lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda solution and leave to dry naturally. Hot water makes the smell worse as does bleaching products xx

oh my... no, it was alot more basic than that, and it was within the last week to 10 days (I think, my time all jumbles up on me ! LOL)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my... no, it was alot more basic than that, and it was within the last week to 10 days (I think, my time all jumbles up on me ! LOL)
ah ok well if they put in yard smell in the search box several thread come up from before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We have tried everything, but now we are using the natures miracle stuff. The stuff for carpeting. We use a yard sprayer and fill it with that and spray. Seems to work pretty well compared to the special yard ones. We are also just watering the areas more often in between too. I must've missed that post rarett so if you find it please let me know!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I saw a post, I think last week, talking about a concoction put into a hard sprayer, that knocked down the odor in the yard, as we have a small area fenced off for the 'pee patch' it REALLY could use this concoction... especially with the windows open! :bad::bad:

Thanks !
If it has grass don't use bleach sp Clorox or if its one of the ingredients, it will kill your grass. And some other plants.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sorry I don't remember that thread!!! :blink: Don't know if it's going to help but if one of our cats peed somewhere where they were not supposed to we used a dilute of wash detergent and water. It has no ammonia which a lot of household cleaners have so it will get rid of the smell. Whereas ammonia would continue to attract them to that spot. So I would use that!

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm really thinking I must of been hallucinating when I read that post, I've check all the bully forums, with no luck. Oh well :p if I come across it again, I'll let ya all know

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.