This or That: DVDs or Streaming Movies?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I've been watching Netflix movies and TV shows streamed to my TV lately - actually for a year since I decided to not renew my cable!! Problem is, I'm only using Netflix (whatever comes with the flat rate) and Amazon Prime Videos (comes free with my Prime membership)- so I'm letting them control my viewing options LOL I don't buy or rent DVDs anymore. Right now, I'm too lazy to even figure out how to use the DVD player.

What's cool about Netflix and Prime is that I can watch all those old movies from the 70s and 80s that I never thought I'd see again :clap2:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You mean you're watching "Saturday Night Fever" and "Pretty in Pink", and "The Breakfast Club" ??:giggle:

I have cable TV w/out the movie channels. It's overpriced, IMO. But, i got snagged into a 2year "deal" which includes wireless, DVR and phone. I don't own a DVD player at this time.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We have Direct TV so we have the movie channels except HBO they wanted 29.99 just for that :eek: We can order new movies from our tv when they come on direct tv cinema!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I just re-activated my Netflix account but I can't do the streaming only cause it's so limited. I have cable to with the movie channels and I have the DVR because I have to record my shows and watch at my convenience. I MUST FFWD thru commercials...the worst is when I forget and catch myself sitting through the commercials or trying to FFWD and realize I'm watching it live...OY VEY!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I watch Netflix mainly on my tablet. I love using earbuds, I can actually hear!! I just watched seasons 1-6 of Doctor Who in the past 6 weeks (can anyone say addict?) Lol. We do get DVDs too to watch movies together. We also have a Roku for the toddlers room, kids shows are endless on Netflix!!! Even the old ones that are not on anymore.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I watch Netflix and the Amazon Prime videos on my Roku. There are some other channels on there as well, but I forget that I have added them. When I had cable, I only watched USA and SciFi/SyFy LOL So I figured I didn't need it.

I discovered the show LOST on NetFlix, I never watched when it was on TV....I'm glad I didnt because I would have spent about 6 years of my life trying to see what that black smoke was and what the secret of the island was....... but on NetFlix I only spent one month of my life finding out :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I like DVD's, better sound on my surround sound system.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I watch Netflix and the Amazon Prime videos on my Roku. There are some other channels on there as well, but I forget that I have added them. When I had cable, I only watched USA and SciFi/SyFy LOL So I figured I didn't need it.

I discovered the show LOST on NetFlix, I never watched when it was on TV....I'm glad I didnt because I would have spent about 6 years of my life trying to see what that black smoke was and what the secret of the island was....... but on NetFlix I only spent one month of my life finding out :)

If you liked Lost (I did it the same way, only the finalseason I watched on TV) you should check out Supernatural on Netflix!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We used to have pay tv but cancelled it as we never had the time to watch it, and I don't miss having it

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
We used to have pay tv but cancelled it as we never had the time to watch it, and I don't miss having it

Me neither - I have NetFlix, which I think is about USD 8,00 / month

Herman is enough entertainment for us at night and I'm at work during the day :blink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.