fustrated

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
since i know i can just sit here and vent i am gonna...a lot of ppl know about the ex and i breaking up earlier this year...blah blah blah..on onward...but he has met someone and is totally and completely head over heals...good for him right? but now i feel like a big ole loser because i can't even get a guy interested in me...wtf is wrong with me? i mean i get that i am just your average chick who blends into a crowd but come on....i can't even get a guy to talk to me...and yes i have tried all the dating websites...the people who contact me have serious issues...i have gotten, get rid of the f?@#ing dog....or another who said just throw him in a crate so we can meet up...or the one who said i want to sink my fangs into you and i drool and fart....wtf????

i honestly feel like the biggest loser in the world....

and yes it's stressing me the max

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: First thing..you mustn't gauge your self image and happiness on these experiences! And certainly NOT on your ex's experience. Instead of sitting and thinking YOU are the problem, how about signing up for groups or activities that interest you. Anything! I'm a believer if you are trying too hard it looks desperate. And desperate isn't attractive! Self confidence, intelligence and happiness will be what brings you the same. Good Luck! But it really won't be luck..it will be YOU that will accidentally stumble upon your road to happiness. :D

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
I wish i did look deperate. It is the opposite. I have been told i show no interest in mtg anyone. I say to those ppl if i saw someone who peaked my interest i might. But honestly i look and go ewww. I do something on saturday mornings but it is all women unfortunately. During the week my hands r tied due to work. I am gone from 130 pm until 1230am so joining things just won happen. My work schedule wi most lilely never change and guys do have a hard time with that.

Maybe im destined to be alone

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Are you doing things that you enjoy NOW, not later, not "when this or that", but NOW??! First thing is to BE yourself whether it's by yourself or with another person. If you're not comfortable in your own skin as a single woman, then you won't attract the people who are right for you. I have been single for the past 2.5 years now and though I'd like to meet someone again, I'm really happy with where I'm at in my life. It's not a perfect life of course, but I love the freedom I have. This time alone also gives me time to think about what kind of person I'd like to meet and what qualities are important to me. I've learned from my past mistakes. Take this time to get to know yourself more and in time, you may meet someone special and right for you.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I wish i did look deperate. It is the opposite. I have been told i show no interest in mtg anyone. I say to those ppl if i saw someone who peaked my interest i might. But honestly i look and go ewww. I do something on saturday mornings but it is all women unfortunately. During the week my hands r tied due to work. I am gone from 130 pm until 1230am so joining things just won happen. My work schedule wi most lilely never change and guys do have a hard time with that.

Maybe im destined to be alone

Youre not alone you know...you have Bully's in your life!

L

Lucy-licious

Aww hunny, we've all been right where you are now at some time or another and its not easy being lonely. How about changing your saturday group to something different?? you need to move in a different circle to meet new people so changes need to be made somewhere. You are obviously looking for a dog lover/owner...try the dog parks, dog classes. but truthfully Becky is right...Love just pops up in the most unusual places and when you least expect it :love:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
First, dont ever doubt yourself. You're lucky you weren't interested in the people you described. Trust me, there would be some women willing to marry those weirdos - just to have a husband. So you have standards, and that means you are not desperate! Keep believing in that first and foremost.

Second, your ex's speed is not your speed, so don't compare yourself to him by any means. Who knows why he chose the new chick, maybe he was desperate, who knows.

Third, like others have said - take this time to really learn more about yourself and what you really want and do things that keep you interested. You say it's been a few months, it was years for me. And I have dating horror stories too (and yes, I will be participating in NaNoWriMo in November to start my book on all that foolishness)! In that time, though I did learn what it was I really wanted - and it was simple, someone who truely cares about me and does things to show it - and someone who cooks! LOL Before it was they have to be attractive, have a good job, college-educated, blah blah.... in the real-world that doesn't come easy, and I learned from meeting guys with those qualifications were BORING, snotty, etc - something I'm not.

Fourth, that special person you're looking for just might be one that you go "ewwww" too. Oddly enough, I went out with a guy like that - wasn't interested. But we remained friends for many years. Do you know he's homeless now (and has been for the last 8 years), but he is STILL the sweetest and probably the most trustworthy guy I have known. And I think any woman would be blessed to be with him (if he had a place to live LOL).

Just be patient, and give your love to your bullies!!! And keep your eyes open :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If I was in your shoes I would try to enjoy my time with myself. Love your own company! You will probably find that special someone when you least expect it. I believe in fate and destiny. In the meantime enjoy who is important and who you have right now, bullies and yourself ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
After ending a horrific relationship of 7 years, I promised myself 1 year of ME. I actually left my job and moved to the other coast of Florida. I got another job and was truly enjoying my life and loving not being in a relationship. In the 11th month of being single I met a guy, we were just "friends" and would go have a drink and talk. 5 months later we eloped to Vegas and have now been married 3 years this month. I guess my point is to take YOU time and enjoy YOUR life and things will happen when you least expect it.

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i know everyone has been there....it's part of life...i just can't ever seem to meet anyone...i dated sean for 1.8 years and he was the first guy i dated for longer than a date or 2 in 10 years. ughhhhh....i am happy where i am in my actual life in terms of my job(it's a great job, benefits and pay) i own my own place, my dog is awesome although he loves the ex way more than me. i just can't seem to meet people...i am a very straight forward person...tell it like it is...i used to be horribly shy and then i became a television director...yeah totally changed me....i am very comfortable with who i am except in the dating world...i've lost 30 pounds since i dropped him....hmmmm maybe i should stay single? for the past 16 years or so i have been so focused on my career, getting to where i am....it was a lot of work and lots of double shifts, late nights, early mornings...i am extremely proud to have made it to nyc and doing what i love....but because i was so focused and driven i totally didn't date...i accepted that...now....it's time to meet someone who is going to accept me for me....dog drool and all....which there is LOTS of....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They come along when you lest expect it..... I was single for 10 years and LOVED every minute of it!! Take the time for you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.