Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Lucy-licious

Default Re: What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Bonfire night? Never heard of that toffee either... Ang do the kids trick or treat there? Now I think it is starting to get more popular for many to have church type of parking lot trick or treatin. Not me, I am old school. Good ol door to door we go.
    a lot of the kids do trick or treat heer...its getting more popular. When I was younger we didnt do it at all...but we did go cob coaling for bonfire night...collecting wood for the fire or money for fireworkd
    Bonfire Night is a celebration of the GunPowder Plot...when Guy Fawkes hatched the plan to burn down the houses of parliament in 1605. He failed and was caught and executed after trial in 1606.
    5th November is known now as Bonfire Night when fires are built and stacked across the UK and taditionally an effigy of Guy Fawkes is burned atop the fire. When I was younger there was a fire built anywhere it could be fitted...back gardens, car parks etc...now its more controlled there are less family fires and more controlled fires and firework displays in parks and spare ground. Everyone wraps up and heads out to the local fire where we enjoy meat and poatato pie with pickled red cabbage and mushy peas, black peas, minted peas and Parkin (sticky treakle cake)

If I make this years bonfire I'll get some pics for you x Its good fun @kazzy220 will no doubt remember a bonfire or two and since she is from a different part of the UK, possibly enjoyed different foods. Maybe even fire roated potatoes...cooked in the ashes late at night when the flames had died down.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    a lot of the kids do trick or treat heer...its getting more popular. When I was younger we didnt do it at all...but we did go cob coaling for bonfire night...collecting wood for the fire or money for fireworkd
    Bonfire Night is a celebration of the GunPowder Plot...when Guy Fawkes hatched the plan to burn down the houses of parliament in 1605. He failed and was caught and executed after trial in 1606.
    5th November is known now as Bonfire Night when fires are built and stacked across the UK and taditionally an effigy of Guy Fawkes is burned atop the fire. When I was younger there was a fire built anywhere it could be fitted...back gardens, car parks etc...now its more controlled there are less family fires and more controlled fires and firework displays in parks and spare ground. Everyone wraps up and heads out to the local fire where we enjoy meat and poatato pie with pickled red cabbage and mushy peas, black peas, minted peas and Parkin (sticky treakle cake)

If I make this years bonfire I'll get some pics for you x Its good fun @kazzy220 will no doubt remember a bonfire or two and since she is from a different part of the UK, possibly enjoyed different foods. Maybe even fire roated potatoes...cooked in the ashes late at night when the flames had died down.
    That sounds like tons of fun! LOVE hearing about traditions. Will Conner be trick or treating this year? Dressing up? What is his choice of costume if he does?

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    That sounds like tons of fun! LOVE hearing about traditions. Will Conner be trick or treating this year? Dressing up? What is his choice of costume if he does?
    dunno this year....so far he hasnt mentioned it, but kids here always dress as a monster/bad guy of some sort. In the past he has been dracula, frankenstein, a mummy, and The Scarecrow from Batman Arkam asylum.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    dunno this year....so far he hasnt mentioned it, but kids here always dress as a monster/bad guy of some sort. In the past he has been dracula, frankenstein, a mummy, and The Scarecrow from Batman Arkam asylum.
    Well he better start planing.... Time is a flying. Sierra has wanted to be a mermaid since last Halloween and didnt change her mind once. Got a great hammy down costume for Paigey and Sierra cried cuz she HAS to be a mermaid with her. SO that costume will be on Miila now. hahahaha 2 mermaids it is.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You know, all this talk about candy and trick or treating makes me want to dress up and go door-to-door. How about it? Anyone want to join me on this adventure??! Do you think people would freak if they saw a grown up adult (with no kids by her side), saying "Trick or Treat!!" ?

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just bought two big bags of candy to pass out for Halloween and I almost passed out at the prices! In total, the candy cost me around 40 bucks! That's all I'm buying...once I run out of candy, it's lights out!

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    please tell me more? can u buy like this or do you make it? i heard of m&m candy corn on the radio the other day but have yet to find!
    I heard our Targets had the M&M candy corn....not sure i' don't like candy corn so i havent looked!!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jlcox24 View Post
    I heard our Targets had the M&M candy corn....not sure i' don't like candy corn so i havent looked!!
    i LOVE candy corn! I haven't tried the M & M ones yet tho but am very intrigued...!!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Love candy corn! When I was little I used to try to take small bites to see if the colors tasted different. Caramel apples or caramels.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    Love candy corn! When I was little I used to try to take small bites to see if the colors tasted different. Caramel apples or caramels.
    Me too!!! Chocolate candy corn rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I loved the mars bars, and those individually wrapped caramels. So yum
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I love candy corn, caramel apples and anything w/dark chocolate!!! YUMMY!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads