Lunchtime Randomness - Ramen

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
My latest food obsession is ramen noodles. Luckily, working in NYC I have access to two places. I always buy the same thing - tan tan ramen (which is spicy with ground chicken). I cannot imagine a world without ramen noodles.

This I'm sure stems from my cup o' noodles days (which I still love, but havent had in very many years).

The down side is that they are served in huge bowls and everytime I eat it, I'm too full to do anything else... but I keep eating it!

Do you have any lunchtime favorites (even it if isn't ramen)?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love ramen! Especially Maruchan!

Best thing about it: CHEAP!!! :2thumbs:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sadly I never eat ramen or cup of noodles unless I am sick. I really should tho cuz for the price you can't beat it. I haven't got much of a lunch fav really but I do love canned tuna with lemon squeezed over, with avocado sliced and eaten with crackers or pretzels. Sierra and I share this often.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I could eat Asian food for lunch every day... just can't afford to. But, I do love raman noodles... add some veggies and even better

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The schwarma places around my work are some of the best, or if I can get my hands on something greek, that would be it. But then getting a plate from the salad bar at an italian grocery store is to drool over too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love Ramen too! I am fortunate in that I work within walking distance of LA's Little Tokyo so there are plenty of noodle houses in the area. One in particular, Daikokuya, has appeared on the Food Network and on the Travel Channel for its pork broth ramen noodles with big chunks of pork...so delicious. But lines are long if you go during regular lunch time so we try going at an "off" time. There's this other ramen place called Oruchan Ramen (i think), that Adam Richman from Trav Channel visited to eat the spiciest ramen in the world (or something like that). I think he might have lost that challenge too. And then there are lots of other places scattered throughout the area.
I usually brown bag it to work but when I go out, it's usually Japanese food.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I love Ramen too! I am fortunate in that I work within walking distance of LA's Little Tokyo so there are plenty of noodle houses in the area. One in particular, Daikokuya, has appeared on the Food Network and on the Travel Channel for its pork broth ramen noodles with big chunks of pork...so delicious. But lines are long if you go during regular lunch time so we try going at an "off" time. There's this other ramen place called Oruchan Ramen (i think), that Adam Richman from Trav Channel visited to eat the spiciest ramen in the world (or something like that). I think he might have lost that challenge too. And then there are lots of other places scattered throughout the area.
I usually brown bag it to work but when I go out, it's usually Japanese food.

I think I've heard of Daikokuya. Gosh, I'm tempted to get some today - but I'm trying to stay away. I love spicy ramen - I'm gonna go google Oruchan LOL

Most Reactions

Members online