Android Help

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Ok I cannot figure this out and I've looked at the android forums (really don't want to join and ask a question) Soooo I'm hoping you guys could help me.

I have a samsung stratosphere and when I have a voicemail the little icon shows up and that's it. There's no sound that I have a voicemail (like with text messages). I'd like to have a sound go off and it repeatedly go off every 'whatever' amount of minutes. From what I've gathered from the forums is that I need an app to make this happen, i think. Is this correct? If so, what app do you recommend?

Thanks!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh you have to download an app for the sound reminder. I have the droid razr maxx and HATED that I would miss texts etc so I downloaded an app and have been happy ever since. I will look and see if I can find which one it is....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
K what I have is the missed message flasher free version. I like it and have used it for months now. It doesnt remind for voicemail I dont think but it does for missed calls so the same thing really.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
With my android, I had to go into the voicemail settings itself and set it to play a notification. My phone will then blink until I listen to it or clear it. Have you tried that yet?

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] before I saw your message I downloaded 'handscent' which gives you a whole crap load of options (that I don't like or need) and just uninstalled, so I installed the one you suggested and I'm going to give that a whirl...thanks!

[MENTION=5228]Zoey1974[/MENTION] The options I have for voicemail are...ignore msg, answr mode, auto retry, dtmf tones (whatever this is :confused:), tty mode & voice privacy

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@Zoey1974 The options I have for voicemail are...ignore msg, answr mode, auto retry, dtmf tones (whatever this is :confused:), tty mode & voice privacy

dtmf ......... don't try mother f....

don't touch my fone

down to my feet

ermmm .......... I'll think of some more options for you ..........:rolleyes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] before I saw your message I downloaded 'handscent' which gives you a whole crap load of options (that I don't like or need) and just uninstalled, so I installed the one you suggested and I'm going to give that a whirl...thanks!

[MENTION=5228]Zoey1974[/MENTION] The options I have for voicemail are...ignore msg, answr mode, auto retry, dtmf tones (whatever this is :confused:), tty mode & voice privacy

In mine I don't have a place that says voicemail. Hmm.... Maybe cuz it was uploaded months ago and has changed? Let me see I can find an update for this Ning maybe and help.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names

No, I have no updates. Hmm....... No help here.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
If I have my voicemail open, I tap the menu button and hit settings. It then gives me an option to play notification sound. Do you have anything like that?

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=5228]Zoey1974[/MENTION] No mine doesn't. It's a Stratosphere, so I'm not sure if that matters. I'm just thinking, what a stupid basic thing not to include on a phone. Unless they want you to spend the time and data to get apps for this kind of stuff.

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Yea I noticed there's no option for voicemail. It's working for the text messages.

My mom called me several times the other day and I didn't hear it and she started to get worried, so in the morning I saw I had a voicemail and it was her saying "Um Ashley I called you several times and I'm getting worried, can you just text me that you're ok or better yet, call me" :( I felt so bad. I always pick up when my mom calls (when I hear it)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5228]Zoey1974[/MENTION] No mine doesn't. It's a Stratosphere, so I'm not sure if that matters. I'm just thinking, what a stupid basic thing not to include on a phone. Unless they want you to spend the time and data to get apps for this kind of stuff.

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Yea I noticed there's no option for voicemail. It's working for the text messages.

My mom called me several times the other day and I didn't hear it and she started to get worried, so in the morning I saw I had a voicemail and it was her saying "Um Ashley I called you several times and I'm getting worried, can you just text me that you're ok or better yet, call me" :( I felt so bad. I always pick up when my mom calls (when I hear it)

It should also have a sound for when you miss calls, no? Mine does..... I think. Lol

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
[MENTION=322]LillyNBruin[/MENTION] try this.....
To set ringtone for voicemail and email arrival go to
menu -> settings -> sound settings -> notification ringtones and select desired ringtone

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
dtmf ......... don't try mother f....

lol Right about know this phone is the mother f...

[MENTION=5228]Zoey1974[/MENTION] Oh yes...I've set that up, that's no problem, it's that it doesn't keep notifying me :) I was hoping to find a way to set it on intervals, but there's no option. The app that @cali~jen suggested, continuesly (sp?) notifies you of the text and missed call. But I have to play around with that a bit more.

Thank you for your help on this!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.