Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I ride a Harley Dynaglide!!!

Ding Ding Ding, you are who I was thinking about. :peace2: My Mom rode a 95 HD Sportster, until that fateful day. :(

She loved this bike and her rides. :)
1027461139033756006.jpg

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All I could think of was [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] .....

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION]...don't have a bike currantly, my son is just 25 and both my husband and me
did not want one while he was not yet 'mature' enough to understand the dangers. My husband
had bikes from about 5 y/o until Aaron was about 5 then sold them all. We do have an '81 and a '98
Corvettes and put Aaron in a special edition Camaro w/LT1 Vette engine at 15 y/also had a '81 Firebird
at the time.

My ex husband and I raced jet boats, funny cars and drove 'built' Vettes as our daily drivers, mine was a red
hardtop convertible '72 w/a built 454-4 spd, my '98 is a 6 spd, the '81 is a 4 spd...we don't like no automatics!
We has had dirt bikes and road bikes, if it was fast, dangerous and thrilling...we had at least one.

So, yeah, I think we could hang with ya, buddy! Carol

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
@Jack Daniels...don't have a bike currantly, my son is just 25 and both my husband and me
did not want one while he was not yet 'mature' enough to understand the dangers. My husband
had bikes from about 5 y/o until Aaron was about 5 then sold them all. We do have an '81 and a '98
Corvettes and put Aaron in a special edition Camaro w/LT1 Vette engine at 15 y/also had a '81 Firebird
at the time.

My ex husband and I raced jet boats, funny cars and drove 'built' Vettes as our daily drivers, mine was a red
hardtop convertible '72 w/a built 454-4 spd, my '98 is a 6 spd, the '81 is a 4 spd...we don't like no automatics!
We has had dirt bikes and road bikes, if it was fast, dangerous and thrilling...we had at least one.

So, yeah, I think we could hang with ya, buddy! Carol

Hi Texas Carol ! hell yea you could !
The better question is, "Could I keep up with you all." :D

My first car at 15 was a '68 Roadrunner (beep Beep)
I loved that car.. But it was a big heavy car and although fast, it was just so heavy...

About 10 years ago I purchased a 1970 Stingray convertible. It was powder yellow with a black top... Sweet. But I gave up on it because I was also using it as a daily driver .
It was a lot of work to keep it up ($$$$) and with 2 small kids at that time, i couldnt do it for too long .. So now I just have my harleys... :happydance:

Last edited:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
:hiya: I ride, I believe I've already gone over what I ride with [MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION] and would not like to get laughed at again :cry:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@JeannieCO that is a wonderful pic! Moms on bikes rock!!!
Thanks! She loved her bike, she found her 'nitch' in life with her rides and friends. She belonged to the "Women in the Wind" Desert Curves chapter. She got into a horrid accident on 6/13/04 in Pocatello, Idaho while on a ride to the Grand Tetons (she lives in Reno). She's never recovered since then. Long story on her injuries but she spent 21 days ICU and 80 in the hospital not counting the rehab home. It's sad to see her not be able to enjoy the one thing that truly brought her happiness. :( While it was not my thing, it was hers. :heart: Be safe out there!!

Check it out, I found their Facebook page. :D :D :D This is my Mom. :luv: She still attends their events, she just can't physically ride anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182500365095810&set=o.133352363379690&type=1&theater

The lady holding the envelope (Kathy Talas) in this pic drove two states with a trailer to get my Mom's bike and bring it back. She was incredible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182523278426852&set=o.133352363379690&type=1&theater

Last edited:
OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Your Mom is awesome as is her friends....
If you ever have a biker friend, you know they are freinds for life.!

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
We do, well I am the Unsecured Load on the back. He currently has a Kawasaki ZX-6R, but as we loom towards 40 we are going to have to go the Harley route.
You sound like me! My husband has a Hayabusa and that thing is soooo uncomfortable to ride on the back of for extended periods of time. He said his next bike will be a Harley so that we can both ride comfortably.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Thanks! She loved her bike, she found her 'nitch' in life with her rides and friends. She belonged to the "Women in the Wind" Desert Curves chapter. She got into a horrid accident on 6/13/04 in Pocatello, Idaho while on a ride to the Grand Tetons (she lives in Reno). She's never recovered since then. Long story on her injuries but she spent 21 days ICU and 80 in the hospital not counting the rehab home. It's sad to see her not be able to enjoy the one thing that truly brought her happiness. :( While it was not my thing, it was hers. :heart: Be safe out there!!

Check it out, I found their Facebook page. :D :D :D This is my Mom. :luv: She still attends their events, she just can't physically ride anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182500365095810&set=o.133352363379690&type=1&theater

The lady holding the envelope (Kathy Talas) in this pic drove two states with a trailer to get my Mom's bike and bring it back. She was incredible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=182523278426852&set=o.133352363379690&type=1&theater

I am so sorry to hear about her accident. Thank goodness she survived it and can still attend functions!! A lot of folks think "biker people" are awful outlaw people, but I found found that not to be true at all as in the case of your mom's friend. I definitely have biker peeps I would drive states for! Give your mom a high five for me from a fellow enthusiast :hagrid:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I ride a Street Bob... round and round the island because there is nowhere else to go :sigh: at least it's always riding weather though :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm an old Harley rider from way back.

Most Reactions