Spider Bite Yesterday...OUCH!

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I know a lot of you are pretty knowledgeable about various things, so I figure I should ask about this spider that bit me. It was a tiny black spider with some white markings on its body and legs. It was in my back yard but I have also seen a few of them in the house (I live in TX btw). It also doesn't crawl, it jumps! I tried to look up "small jumping spiders" online, but the spiders I'm seeing are larger than the one that bit me (they are described as dime/nickel-sized, but mine was much much smaller than that). The "jumping spiders" that look similar (but are bigger) are not poisonous and most people have little/no reaction to the bite. I got bitten on my leg yesterday and at first it felt like a mosquito bite, but then I looked down and saw the spider (and screamed of course:hissy:). It kind of hurt for a bit and then started to swell. This is how my body usually reacts to bites and stings, so it was no different. But now, this bump is HUGE, warm to the touch, a little red, and itches like a son-of-a-gun!! I'm not feeling nauseated or dizzy or anything, and the skin isn't broken, so I think I'm OK. What do you guys think? Have you ever encountered or been bitten by a spider like the one I described?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dang, sorry you got bite by the spider. I HATE them!! Do you have any swelling or redness around the bite? Just curious.

L

Lucy-licious

Swelling, redness, heat and itchiness are all inflammatory responses to infection. You might have a touch of cellulitis, an infection in the skin....try the Benadryl and cold compress...if no improvement with 24-48 hrs or it seems to be getting worse rather than better you will need to get to the docs for antibiotics xx

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I'm with Lucy on this I recommend a visit to the doctor. If swelling and redness don't go away I 24 hrs.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I would go to the Doc's just t be sure. Some of our spiders here are deadly, but if one one got on me I would probably pass out from fright anyway as I petrified of them even them tinnie winnie ones.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I would go to the Doc's just t be sure. Some of our spiders here are deadly, but if one one got on me I would probably pass out from fright anyway as I petrified of them even them tinnie winnie ones.

Seems like EVERYTHING over there is poisonous LOL

OP
LoveMyBully82

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Thanks for your responses everyone!

Dang, sorry you got bite by the spider. I HATE them!! Do you have any swelling or redness around the bite? Just curious.
I hate spiders too! There is swelling, redness, and its hot to the touch.

Swelling, redness, heat and itchiness are all inflammatory responses to infection. You might have a touch of cellulitis, an infection in the skin....try the Benadryl and cold compress...if no improvement with 24-48 hrs or it seems to be getting worse rather than better you will need to get to the docs for antibiotics xx
Thaks for this info. It is still red, itchy, and swollen and the Benadryl didn't seem to help. It hasn't gotten worse, but I'm thining of calling the doctor if it doesn't get better w/in the next few hrs. I would try the cold compress, but I'm at work now and don't have access to anything.

L

Lucy-licious

Thanks for your responses everyone!

I hate spiders too! There is swelling, redness, and its hot to the touch.

Thaks for this info. It is still red, itchy, and swollen and the Benadryl didn't seem to help. It hasn't gotten worse, but I'm thining of calling the doctor if it doesn't get better w/in the next few hrs. I would try the cold compress, but I'm at work now and don't have access to anything.

Sounds infected hunny..I think antibiotics are needed x

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw keep us updated. i see spider bite victims in my drug store kinda frequently so its not unusual to go to the dr for it. best safe then wait and it gets worse.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
And THIS is when I miss England ................ cos our spiders don't bite .... :cry:

L

Lucy-licious

And THIS is when I miss England ................ cos our spiders don't bite .... :cry:

Yeah I know :) Chris was looking at moving to Australia a few years ago and I refused to go because of all the spiders and poisonous snakes :eek:

The spiders we do have scare the bejeebus out of me but not as much as those awful daddy long legs :scared:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.