walking to my door this morning, what do I almost step on? An injured Quail!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Just thought I'd share my random morning with you! So, when I got home from dropping B off at school, I was walking to my front door and I see a bird sitting on the walk. My first thought was that my neighbor was playing a joke on me and it was fake. As I got closer, I realized it was a real Quail with a cut on his belly. So, my neighbor calls the vet, they said to call the police! So, the police call the game warden and he's on his way over to help the poor bird. Living in rural Vermont, who knows when he will show up, so I'm sitting outside with my computer and some hot coffee freezing my butt off waiting for him!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
did they ever show? Did you snap some pictures of your buddy?

OP
laurentourville

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
september 2010 125.jpgseptember 2010 131.jpgseptember 2010 128.jpgseptember 2010 126.jpgseptember 2010 129.jpghere's the pics! my neighbor put him in a box with towels. After resting in the box for about an hour, he flew away! So, hopefully he'll be ok, he flew well so that's a good sign. No, the game warden hadn't showed up yet so we called and said not to come.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Would it be wrong for me to mention how good eating those are?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He/she was very beautiful..... hope it will be okay!

[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]..... yes, when looking at those photos it is LOL

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] I would agree 100%, quail is very tasty!! I can assume you are hunter (or were) or you know someone that is because I don't know how else you would have had quail! I never see it sold anywhere. My boyfriend hunts (duck, dove & quail) so I've had it alot and love it. They are really pretty birds though too. I hope it is ok!

Last edited:
OP
laurentourville

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I checked the neighbors yard that he flew into and couldn't find him, so I'm thinking he just need a little rest and is gonna be ok!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] I've eaten them, but never killed one. I grew up in Cali, lots of Quail and Pheasant = very tasty. I also found it in a restaurant in Baltimore... I can't remember the name, but remember that it was tasty. I would have done the same thing though, your feeding your soul by helping the bird which is more satisfying and better for you than feeding your belly. Oh boy, I'm going soft... I better go watch some football or MMA fighting. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.