Vue Zone System

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
So someone broke into the neighbors house behind us. During the day!! The wife came home around 10am to get something and she saw the ladder up against the house to the second story window and she just thought it was her husband working on something and it wasn't there in the morning when they left, so it happened between 8am and 10 am! What Kahonas! This has me really worried. We checked around the house just to make sure everything was where it should be and sure enough there was a screen popped out of the basement window!!
Now finally my bf might be interested in some cameras. I mentioned Vue system, but it doesn't seem to really be for outside. I saw the weatherproof shell they have, but they didn't have it as an option to purchase so I'm not sure about this system. Does anyone have the shell and the cameras outside?

Any other tips to deter burglars would be appreciated too! We're gonna look at some new doors and make sure the yard is clear for hiding spots.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Also, this was on Friday so it was when we were all at work. I'm at work completely helpless :(

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I have foscam outdoor camera's on Bacon's kennel outside, they can be setup either hard wired or wireless. I ended up hard wiring mine because getting the wireless to work consistently was next to impossible (and I do IT for a living) The camera is reasonably priced, works during the day and at night, and if you wanted the ability to record them you can get a software package from them to do so. You can also setup your home network so that the camera can be viewed from any mobile device which is pretty fun.

http://foscam.us/outdoor-cameras/foscam-fi8904w-outdoor-wireless-ip-camera-3.html

For the inside of the house we just got a dlink wireless camera since we didn't need to deal with the weather aspect. That can also be setup to access over the internet or your phone.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] Thanks!! I'll look into those!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We just got a system called Vivint a few month ago. I really like it. There are different components that you can get including cameras. It all works by cellular signal, so it isn't affected by power outages, has no wires that can be cut, etc. It can all be controlled through your cell phone and/or computer and can easily be set up for notifications of doors being opened, sever temperature info and much more. For example, if my air conditioner goes out while at work and the temp goes over 80 inside, I will get a text message on my phone with an alert so I can get home to my pup! It will call emergency numbers in event of break in or fire and will also alert me by phone. I can tell by alerts what times my teenager lets the dog out during the day or what time he comes home at night, even if I'm asleep, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
So someone broke into the neighbors house behind us. During the day!! The wife came home around 10am to get something and she saw the ladder up against the house to the second story window and she just thought it was her husband working on something and it wasn't there in the morning when they left, so it happened between 8am and 10 am! What Kahonas! This has me really worried. We checked around the house just to make sure everything was where it should be and sure enough there was a screen popped out of the basement window!!
Now finally my bf might be interested in some cameras. I mentioned Vue system, but it doesn't seem to really be for outside. I saw the weatherproof shell they have, but they didn't have it as an option to purchase so I'm not sure about this system. Does anyone have the shell and the cameras outside?

Any other tips to deter burglars would be appreciated too! We're gonna look at some new doors and make sure the yard is clear for hiding spots.

Why would you not install a whole home alarm system instead? I would NEVER be without it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have an ADT alarm system. We had a similar incident in our neighborhood and, what really scared me, is that I am home during the day and had noticed someone in my backyard but figured a kid just threw a ball over the fence or something. With most alarm systems, they give you stickers to put on the windows and a sign - and that is the best theft deterrent there is. The would-be thieves will just move on to an easier mark. I found it well worth the money and they always have specials.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.