Gardens 8/26/12

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Just a few random pics I took this morning.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Gorgeous!!!

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] - What are those red flowers, along the fence at :28-ish? They're shown again at 1:48-ish, as well. I love that dark leaf...would love to see close up of that flower. What the heck is that? It's fabulous. I want some. LOL

You have far better luck than I with those New Guinea Impatiens too. That pink one with the veined leaf? Stunning!

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gorgeous!!!

@LariP - What are those red flowers, along the fence at :28-ish? They're shown again at 1:48-ish, as well. I love that dark leaf...would love to see close up of that flower. What the heck is that? It's fabulous. I want some. LOL

You have far better luck than I with those New Guinea Impatiens too. That pink one with the veined leaf? Stunning!

I think you are asking about the Castor Bean plants? Back fence with Zinnias in front of them. I could send you seeds if you are....just be sure to plant where no animal dwells much...they can be toxic.
Land the bright pink you called NGI are actually a Vinca. Almost Everything in that tier garden exploded this year. The same thing in the small blue pots didn't do nearly so well. That red petunia is ONE plant!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I looked them up on the internet ---- what would we do without you, Dear Sweet Internet? --- they are AWESOME! Who knew? Castor Bean plants!!!!

Maybe I can tuck some in somewhere next year? They must be grown as an annual, eh? I do worry about poisonous...so I'd have to plant where Bo would chew on them (as he does with the rose bushes and other flora in the dog yard....). Do they take support -- or do they just get tall and hold themselves up?

P5210012.jpg <== "Bravo" petunias - that's also just one single plant. This is my first year using "Bravo" type petunias - I always have preferred having mostly "Madness" variety (lots of small blooms) and a few "Grandiflora" for giant mega blooms in key spots. Bravo out performed them both with voracious growth and mega blooms. I hope I can find them again next year at my garden center!

I would have never known that was a vinca. OMG. It's gorgeous, Lari.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and the zinnias? My new favorite thing is the Raspberry Lemonade Zinnia mix. Yellow and the most lovely soft, deep pink. YUM.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Beautiful...

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and the zinnias? My new favorite thing is the Raspberry Lemonade Zinnia mix. Yellow and the most lovely soft, deep pink. YUM.

I will be spreading zinnia seeds around a lot next year. I'm thinking the raspberry fence needs a whole row of them I'm tickled at how well they did this year.
The castor beans do need support against winds. They have gotten well over 10' in a single season. I have been growing them from seed for the past 7 years. The leaves get huge too. What you see on our fence are two plants and they actually came up from dropped seeds this year on the one side and I planted the other about a week after the first one sprouted.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
The castor beans do need support against winds. They have gotten well over 10' in a single season. I have been growing them from seed for the past 7 years. The leaves get huge too. What you see on our fence are two plants and they actually came up from dropped seeds this year on the one side and I planted the other about a week after the first one sprouted.

Well it looks fanTASTIC. I love them. They look so exotic.

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
PM me your address and I'll send you some seeds when they are ready [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Just Stunning! [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] you must have a most peaceful heart as you watch your garden bloom. I know how much hard work and love goes into producing this magnificent space. I wish I still lived in Milwaukee so I could come by and snatch a few moments of the beauty that surrounds you. HRH is one lucky bully:yes:

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just Stunning! @LariP you must have a most peaceful heart as you watch your garden bloom. I know how much hard work and love goes into producing this magnificent space. I wish I still lived in Milwaukee so I could come by and snatch a few moments of the beauty that surrounds you. HRH is one lucky bully:yes:

HRH isn't sure she's so lucky. She hates having to leave her throne room. She doesn't like outside even one tiny bit. Goblins live in every breeze.
But if you ever come back to Milwaukee feel free to let us know and your welcome to come visit!

Most Reactions