Found and rehomed a Boston Terrier

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
On 8/8 my three sisters and I went to the stone Harbor NJ for a day on the beach... well, instead of all driving separate or meeting up I drove with my one sister, Shannon to pick up the other two (Joanne and Kass). At 8:15 AM on our way down the street to Kass' house (last pick up before getting on the highway) - Shannon yells at me "OH MY GOD... he is not on a leash Christine STOP, STOP, STOP the car!" I slam the brakes, as I did see the little guy out of the corner of my eye, but I thought he was leashed to the fence. Mind you, Kass lives in Northeast Philadelphia about 500 yards from Interstate 95 and about two blocks from another local major four lane road, which is why Shannon was so instantly panicked for the little fella.

Shannon is out of the car in seconds and has come to her; Katie (Shannon's daughter) gets out and starts knocking on doors... no one knows the dog nor have they ever seen him before. we bring him in the van and go to get Kass.... she then gets us to the nearest vet office -- they are closed, do not open till 10:00 AM. To the Google... find a vet open about 1/2 mile away, 'sorry, do not know the dog and we can't help you'. UGH! Find another office that is open ... we walk in and I turn to Shannon and say, I do not care what she says, the pup is NOT staying here!!! The place was disgusting , smelled and dirty. She tells us she can not take him (good) but go to a place about a mile up the road they will take him no questions asked.

It is now about 9:30 AM.. we determine if this place is not open, we are taking him back to Kass' place him in a crate for the day (her two sons are home during the day) and I will call my friend that LOVES Boston's to see if she wants him. OK --- so we get to the place the girl at 'dirty office' suggested. And, let me tell you, she was not kidding -- arms wide open as soon as we told them the story and "no worries, we have a tech here that has been wanting a Boston she will take him if we do not find the owner."

Well, this past Friday, I tell my friend Deb (Boston lover) about the story... she wants to follow up with the place we dropped him off. Turns out, the girl who wanted him, her Boarder Collie is terrified of him and she at this time, does not have the time to spend training them to get along (kids, work, back to school, and other family stuff). So, deb now has him... I drove down to Philly to get him for her and they had a good weekend with him... he does need some training as it seems he was not socialized and thinks the world is his. Deb has a female Boston named Pappy and the new little guy (we think is about 4) is now named Bud!!

lastly, I went to Kass' again today due to a funeral service we were attending... I drove the area looking for signs 'missing dog' , 'anyone see me' type poster = nothing. So, I guess Bud has a new life... we he will TOTALLY be spoiled.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Very Cool!!!! They did check for a microchip right? I would go on some of the lost pet sites too and check. There is fidofinder.com, petfinder.com has a place I think for lost dogs and missingpet.net. You can also take a peek at lostdogsearch.com, petamberalert.com, lostdogregistry.net, findtoto.com, and lostdogsdatabase.com.

Also found an add on craigslist. You may want to check them because I don't really know the area you found him. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/laf/3192308838.html

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Very Cool!!!! They did check for a microchip right? I would go on some of the lost pet sites too and check. There is fidofinder.com, petfinder.com has a place I think for lost dogs and missingpet.net. You can also take a peek at lostdogsearch.com, petamberalert.com, lostdogregistry.net, findtoto.com, and lostdogsdatabase.com.

Also found an add on craigslist. You may want to check them because I don't really know the area you found him. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/laf/3192308838.html

Wow... i will check these out. He was not chipped, but is now.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Phewy, anybody that cares about their dog should have them chipped, at least. Way to go. You did plenty. :smoochwink:

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
I think you did great too! Finding a nice vet and then picking him up again when the tech couldn't handle it. It is so hard to find a good home and it sounds like you really did beautifully on that front! Kudos for stopping to pick him up and taking such wonderful care of him!

I just couldn't imagine losing one of mine and not finding them. I would hope that whoever found him would check the lost pet websites (though we ARE microchiped!).

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think you did great too! Finding a nice vet and then picking him up again when the tech couldn't handle it. It is so hard to find a good home and it sounds like you really did beautifully on that front! Kudos for stopping to pick him up and taking such wonderful care of him!

I just couldn't imagine losing one of mine and not finding them. I would hope that whoever found him would check the lost pet websites (though we ARE microchiped!).

I ran through all the site you sent me... nothing listed at all. If it does turn up that we see postings we will contact them, but as of now nothing was seen in the past two weeks in my sisters neighborhood. he was definitely well cared for.... short nails, very clean and a very expensive harness was on him. Our guess is, he some how escaped from the house or yard that he lived at.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
yey for that baby... why didn't you show us a picture!! I love Bostons too!! my Boston mix died last year from leukemia and Bostons will always have a special place in my heart.. I actually have a dream of owning two english bulldogs, one frenchie and a boston... lol... now I have three bulldogs and my poodles are 12 years old and as young as ever.. so I am not adding anyone else to the pack.. (or 2 packs) but at some point that would be the best combo for me :)

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
I ran through all the site you sent me... nothing listed at all. If it does turn up that we see postings we will contact them, but as of now nothing was seen in the past two weeks in my sisters neighborhood. he was definitely well cared for.... short nails, very clean and a very expensive harness was on him. Our guess is, he some how escaped from the house or yard that he lived at.

Well, I have to say two things...YAY that you didn't find an owner and bummer that you didn't find the owner! Yay because it sounds like he is fitting in great with your sister. I am sure that if she is anything like you, he will have the best life! He might be an escape artist though. lol. Bummer, because either they didn't care enough to try to post on at least craigslist (which is sad) or they are clueless on how to post lost dog notices and in that case, they may miss him (which is sad but in a different way).

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I have to say two things...YAY that you didn't find an owner and bummer that you didn't find the owner! Yay because it sounds like he is fitting in great with your sister. I am sure that if she is anything like you, he will have the best life! He might be an escape artist though. lol. Bummer, because either they didn't care enough to try to post on at least craigslist (which is sad) or they are clueless on how to post lost dog notices and in that case, they may miss him (which is sad but in a different way).

OMG... you sound like the conversation in my head for the past two weeks!! LOL..... and, he is with a friend of mine.... my crazy sister was the one that spotted him on the street.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahh...crazy sisters...I have one of those. lol. Did the vet say how old he might be? Any pics? I bet he is a cutie patootie.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION]

Here is a picture of the little fella.... his name is now Bud and he is doing fantastic with my friend Deb. She told me he is a true lap dog and is very content just hanging on the porch or in the yard with her husband Lyle.

2012-08-18144232.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh my, he's so darn cute!!! Glad to see he made himself at home. I think Lyle has a new bestest buddy :jumpdance:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.