OMG turn out live and let live is sometimes a VERY BAD idea!!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@dozersmama

Ok, We're gonna need you to Pick one up and examine its eyes.... Does it have 8 eyes or just 6 ?

"
Since the violin pattern is not diagnostic, and other spiders may have similar markings (such as cellar spiders and pirate spiders), for more assurance in identification it is imperative to examine the eyes. Most spiders have eight eyes; recluse spiders have six eyes arranged in pairs (dyads) with one median pair and two lateral pairs."

Let us know what you find..... make this inspection BEFORE squashing it okay.! :ROFL:

Tell you what , I'll catch on ein a jar and send it to you . You can count the eyes. What's your address

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
NEVER heard of a recluse spider ......... and :wtf: are they doing in Ohio...

Beam me back to England ... spiders don't bite there!!! :pouting:

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Being from Ohio and living there 37 years and living in Florida the last 11, yes both places have them. I work with a girl that got bit on her calf while putting on her jeans, half of her calf muscle is missing because the infection got so bad. I hate spiders!! We have our house professionally sprayed every 3 months like clockwork so that we don't have any un-wanted guest here in bug capital Floirda.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Reminds me of when I lived in Okinawa... we found a huge spider, about as big round as my fist, in one of the rooms. I grabbed the can of Raid and nailed him... err her... she was carrying a large white sack on her underside, and when she got hit, thousands of babies spread out in all directions, the dark growing shadow of lil spiders growing faster than I could coral them with the spray *shudder* that was a nightmare.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Reminds me of when I lived in Okinawa... we found a huge spider, about as big round as my fist, in one of the rooms. I grabbed the can of Raid and nailed him... err her... she was carrying a large white sack on her underside, and when she got hit, thousands of babies spread out in all directions, the dark growing shadow of lil spiders growing faster than I could coral them with the spray *shudder* that was a nightmare.

That would've pushed me over the edge... :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Eeeew that gave me goose pimples!! Yikes!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Oh no! I always trap spiders in a cup and relocate them outside, and my husband tells me I'm crazy - he HATES spiders. I don't think he'll want me doing that anymore when he hears about this. :nonono:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I kill them. Dead. Grew up around Black Widows and such. The worst are Cane Spiders when I lived in Hawaii. They are HUGE. Like nightmare huge.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You guys have no idea how itchy I am right now. and I like spidey's, just don't want to talk about em

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

That belongs in a Hitchcock movie ................ :no:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dang Jennifer you were very lucky that you didn't get bite!!! A Brown Recluse can do some major damage to the human body. I have a KILL all spider policy too in my house. Way I figure it there's more outside than there will ever be in my house so a few won't be missed.

Most Reactions