This or That: Paperback or Kindle

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have the nook tablet but I still like to read real books too! There are certain books that I will only buy as a real book, like the Game of Thrones series and The In Death series books by J.D. Robb (Nora Robert), but I did get the 50 shades books on my tablet so know one could see what I was reading while waiting in waiting rooms for Skyler to get done with various appointments. In fact, I need to go get the next Game of Thrones book so I can read it!!!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I love books, but after awhile they tend to take up a lot of space. I hate to admit this, but I have a KIndle Fire that I take to work with me...I use it to surf at work and to check email. I download cookbooks to it mostly and magazines. I have a subscription to Reminensce Magazine and love it on the Kindle Fire. I also have 3 regular Kindles that I read books with. I still purchase books, if it is something I really want like a signeed copy etc., but I use my Kindles to read pretty much all the time now. It is so convenient to be able to buy a book without going to the store and now I can also get books from the library for my Kindle without having to go and wait in line or search through stacks of books. I have custom made covers for all of my Kindles, so they kinda feel like real books. What I love the most is the space in my home that is free instead of having to keep magazines and books.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am a paper back girl. I like to get in the bathtub and read a book with a beer. It is my calgon moment

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I still go to the library and check out stacks of books. I wouldn't mind getting one of those e-readers tho for traveling.

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I think I am going to break down and buy a Kindle. My MIL has TONS of books on hers she can share that I want to read. I'm an old goat though and hate the thought of change!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I am a paper back girl. I like to get in the bathtub and read a book with a beer. It is my calgon moment

Ha! Sounds so familiar. I do wine, bath and set my iPad up in the corner and catch up on tv I missed thanks to Hulu. My bf always walks in rolls his eyes and walks out.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont really read books...Im more of a magzine girl or gossip websites :)

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
LOVE my iPad! Hope to get the Mini, when it comes out so it will be easier to take along. I love that I can read at night in bed without a light and not disturb the hubby. I also can read in the car at night when traveling, no one knows what I am reading, so books like 50 Shades (which I loved) are my secret and I don't have books sitting around in the way when I've finished them. AND library books always feel kind of germy.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
I got a Kindle as a going away gift from my current job. I like it better than a book mainly because it's easier to take on the go. :)

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I like my Kindle and now my iPad. With kids it is easier than a paperback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I use my cell phone or another electronic device. As an old F*rt, I find it easier to reed the screen because it's backlit. It's been years since I've been comfortable with the lighting around home. It didn't matter where i sat or what kind of light I tried to use. It wasn't working. When e reading first came out was kind of like - Halleluiah! I can read again!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have my iPad, my Sony Pocket Reader and still read a paperback at times. It all depends. I read magazines and the web and some books on the iPad but I prefer the Sony more. The constant staring at the iPad hurts my eyes. The e-reader with the e-ink works best for someone that loves loves to read, a lot easier on the eyes. I do still grab a paperback here and there because I still love the smell. The e-reader is my go to most times though. Love being able to carry multiple books with me at all times so I readily have another handy when I am finished with the current. I also love that I can read things like the Shades trilogy without everyone knowing what I am reading. By the way, the shades series was pretty good. The sex got old but I really enjoyed watching the backstory unfold and seeing Christian work through the damage in his life.

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I think Santa is going to bring me a Kindle. I hope I love it and it doesn't end up in the closet! The sex definitely got old after the first book but hey I was committed at that point!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.