This or That: Paperback or Kindle

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I do enjoy the latest technology, but I have to say nothing beats the feel of a book in my hands. My Kindle sits covered in dust. I just finished reading the second book of Fifty Shades of Grey last night and I don't think the Kindle would have had the same effect :D

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is a cool series but I am still embarassed to admit that I actually read it. lol. I don't think anyone under the age of 30 should be allowed to read it!

BOOK for sure! I am a book hog and have way to many! In my dream house there would be a proper library with mahogany shelves, comfy chairs and a fireplace and window seat. I do have a Nook Color that I use sometimes but mostly just when I want to read the next book of a series and can't get to the book store or library fast enough :)

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
I used to feel the same way about having to hold a book to read etc. I then made the jump to a ebook and have NEVER looked back. Its the best way and so much easier.

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] my 18-year-old son saw me reading it and almost had a stroke! He says he now needs intensive therapy to recover from the emotional trauma. Definitely an interesting series!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
@GatorRay my 18-year-old son saw me reading it and almost had a stroke! He says he now needs intensive therapy to recover from the emotional trauma. Definitely an interesting series!

Poor kid!!!! I thought I might need therapy too! lol

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm old school - I like book in hand!

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
I love my iPad and read all three books in seven days. My 22 year old daughter read them all in five days on her Kindle Fire. We both agreed that we kept reading because if the story line, not the other stuff.....that got old real fast!

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
[MENTION=5475]Gunny B[/MENTION] I was so thinking that, but didn't want to out myself as a perv or anything :lmao: That so made my day!

L

Lucy-licious

Books..for the win :)
i do read a lot on my iPad, but nothing beats turning a page in excitement when the story hits a crucial part.

I have not read them :)

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I missed the shadey series... I like either classics or horror for me... what a mix.
But either way I like a book. It sits on my night stand and draws me to bed.

I use tech all day, so its nice to escape at night.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I just finished reading all 3 books of 50 shades of grey and I have to say I did love the story. I thought it was nice for a man to love a woman like that, the other stuff was ok but I have to say I had a hard time reading parts because I cant relate to doing what a man says :biglaugh:. But I like having the old fashioned book. I have tried my moms kindle but its just not the same.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't read those books but when it comes to the choice between paper or kindle ... well it has to be a real book. I love the smell of a book. In fact, I had some nice old books that I had collected through the years from junkyard sales, and antique stalls. Just classics and not worth much. Packed them carefully to move over here, they were missing from the box when it arrived.

Saying nothing ...but was warned by the international removals company that customs would search through the boxes when they arrived. Let's just say that they may have liked certain things when they searched .... :cursing:

Most Reactions