Excited to the core

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That's right , little ole me, excited to the core. !!!! I don't know if you have heard me talk about the Mars mission? but in 2007 I was the gal who got to inspect the Pica heat shield for the mission of Discovery which is due to land on the planet at 1:30 am Monday August 6, that's tonight for me !!!!toot toot I am so stinking excited I don't know what to do with myself right now.:jumpdance:
I have tried to post the link here, but it won't let me. for those of you who haven't heard of it. check it out on YouTube seven minutes of terror Discovery landing on mars. :nervous:

The company I work for Weaver Ind. machined 244 pieces to make the assembly of this massive operation. The entire project in privately funded. It's not big brother, it's science and space exploration that keep many people employed like myself. Sorry I 'm so damn excited it don't want to go on a tyrant.

I just had to share with someone, i'm splitting at the seams

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's pretty cool Sherry that you are a part of history! There's lots of excitement about the Mars Rover landing here in Pasadena with Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) being right next door!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow now thats awsome. to be a part of history if friggin great. you have a right to be excited. :loco2:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So is this landing going to be televised somewhere? I'm sure Bruce would want to see, he LOVES that sort of stuff!

Congrats to you!!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Huge fan, actually had a miniature model of the Rover on my desk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wow... way Kewl Sherry!!!!! Is that the one that is supposed to be on tv live???? I think it was H2 (cable channel) that was advertising some mars lander would be on tv.
Anyway,,, congrats!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... you are part of history!! that is awesome

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Wow... way Kewl Sherry!!!!! Is that the one that is supposed to be on tv live???? I think it was H2 (cable channel) that was advertising some mars lander would be on tv.
Anyway,,, congrats!!

It will be on the Discovery Channel , but I will watch on NASA site. The NASA site is way more tech y and real time. I love love love it I met so many amazing people from this job, JPL, Boeing, NASA

I'm the QA QC tech and use a laser scanner to inspect the parts to a Cad Cam model. So freekin' excited. The mission is Discovery but the Rover is called Curiosity. EST will be around 1:30 am you should be able to see it 12:30 your time. the camera's mounted on the back of Curiosity should be cloudy but the cameras mounted on the front should appear clear. It takes about 14 minutes for the information to travel to here. So there's a string of breath holding moments, Cool right>? :jumpdance:

We already have something new in the works but info is protected. ITAR regulations and all. Someday I can spill the beans again. When laws permit :happy2:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is so incredible. I see you are bursting and you should be! How exciting! I never suspected you did something so, well, COOL!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sherry! :bravo: we were already planning on watching it..but now I'll be Doubly excited! It's all over the news here...JPL and all. Kudos to you...

Most Reactions