JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Can't wait to watch the Opening Ceremonies! :olympics: @Lucy-licious, can you feel the excitement in England? Any tips for us non-brits that we need to know. i.e., any funny customs, etc.?

So who's download an :olympics: app already? I have. :D NBC has a nice one that I got off Apple.

Congrats to all Olympians for just being there!!
:olympics::olympics::olympics::olympics::olympics::olympics::olympics:

L

Lucy-licious

The opening ceremony is due to start soon...the red arrows flew over the stadium at 20.12 and there is stuff going on, but it all start in 20 minutes. It's raining hard so that's one very British tradition is already in full swing for the occasion. Look out for sheep, shire horses, geese, ducks and scarecrows....:LMAO:

:olympics: should be funny this year if nothing else :olympics:

My Vodka n coke is poured and my British flag is flying :cheers: [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I heard they were going to be :happy2:.

Can't wait and I'll have my Crown & 7 going. :cheers:

Are the Shire Horses those big drafts ponies?

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Oh! There's gonna be Morris Dancing too...just wait until you see that :ROFL:

L

Lucy-licious

I heard they were going to be :funny2:.

Can't wait and I'll have my Crown & 7 going. :cheers:

Are the Shire Horses those big drafts ponies?

Theyre giant heavy built horses with long white hair over there hooves. Beautiful really.

L

Lucy-licious

Well for those who havnt watched it live..it starts a bit rubbish..but give it a chance to get past the green bit..it's amazing from the forging if the rings onward ...stunning show xx

L

Lucy-licious

Mary poppins, Peter pan, and chitty chitty bang bang xx

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have it set up to record, but I will be watching also, I get a fuzzy feeling's over Olympic Openings I the China Opening recorded also. I love to watch that one. Can't wait for tonight at 7:30 pm.

L

Lucy-licious

I have it set up to record, but I will be watching also, I get a fuzzy feeling's over Olympic Openings I the China Opening recorded also. I love to watch that one. Can't wait for tonight at 7:30 pm.

I've really enjoyed the show..I hope you do too xx

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We're going to have to watch the reruns and/or highlights because this is Chief Joseph Days week when our little town of 1,000 swells to over 10,000 people. Rotary has a food booth at the rodeo and I work tonight and tomorrow night.

L

Lucy-licious

We're going to have to watch the reruns and/or highlights because this is Chief Joseph Days week when our little town of 1,000 swells to over 10,000 people. Rotary has a food booth at the rodeo and I work tonight and tomorrow night.

Sounds like fun Alice..have a great weekend xx

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Personally..I'm ticked off that NBC can't show things live. It's all l about ratings..I'm not much into the opening ceremonies but in honor of Angie..I'm going to watch! :up:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would have loved to watch the opening ceremonies live instead of on primetime tonight. But i'll still watch it anyways. I think Tate and Finn are excited about seeing their homeland on the telly :bigeyes2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.