Tubs' mommy's hospital visit.....

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Ok Ok Ok....I'm am sorry for leaving everyone hanging about my hospital visit. When it comes to things like that, I don't like to bother people with my "issues". Basically I say, "deal with it and move on."

A quick service announcement: Guys....this is all about female things, so you are fore warned! :loco:

So in 2008 when my husband and I got engaged I was all set to get in shape and lose some weight to look great for my wedding. Instead of losing the weight I started putting weight on. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was having every test under the sun to figure out what was causing this. We got married in January, 2010. I weighed more than I would have liked, but what was I to do? We had a great time either way. 6 months after we got married I stopped getting my period. I knew I wasn't pregnant (husband has been neutered....stupid ex-wife). I was also having a lot of abdominal pain and back pain on my left side. The only time I have ever been late was when I was pregnant with my daughter, so I knew all these things had to be a gyno concern. I made an appointment to see my gyno and he said I had a large mass on my left ovary. He sent me for an emergency ultra sound which apparently emergency to the imaging place meant the next day at 10:00. That night I woke up in the most severe pain I have ever experienced and ended up in the emergency room scared to death.......long story short, in November 2010 (right before we brought Tubs home) I had surgery to have 4 10cm cysts removed from my left ovary. After an emotional breakdown my doctor was able to save my ovary and Fallopian Tube. I was told that I have endometriosis. He is not sure why I have it because you usually don't get it after you have kids. I must be one of the special ones because, not only do I have endometriosis, I have severe, stage IV endometriosis. My doctor has been trying to have me control it by putting me on the pill, but I am emotional roller coaster when I on any pill. Since my surgery I have been doing well and since last October I have been able to drop 25 lbs. Since January I have been having a hard time taking off the last 10 lbs. I just thought I was in a plateau, but Friday I realized that wasn't it. We went to a friends house for dinner and right after dinner I got a bad pain in my stomach. Since no one else got sick I figured there was something else going on, not the food. I dealt with the pain for over 24 hours and decided that I needed to go to the hospital. Once I got there I realized I was worse off than I thought, I had a fever, my BP was up and my heart rate was 114. They did a work up thinking I had appendicitis. That came back clear! The ER doctor thought I had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), but that is generally caused my an STD and my husband and I are clean. They saw an abscess in my pelvic, so they called my gyno. He had them admit me because he wasn't there to review the tests and he didn't want to send me home if it was a bleeding cyst. They were still treating me for PID at this time. Sunday afternoon my dr came in and ripped the doctors apart and said I didn't need the antibiotics and that I had another cyst some place in my abdomen that must have burst and filled my pelvic area with fluid. I didn't realized this because it was a completely different pain than when I had the cysts on my ovary. I couldn't stand up! Now I realized how serious this is and that I need to do something to keep this from happening again. I gave in and started taking the pill again. I have been an emotional wreck since I started on Sunday. I cried when my husband told me he wouldn't be able to go to the doctors with me for a follow-up. That is not me. I have been irritable and anxious. I hate feeling like this. My doctor and I discussed getting shots to put me in menopause for 6 months to calm all of this down and then I will have to continue taking the pill until I actually go through menopause. I have to think about this one because apparently my moods will be 100X worse than what they are now, but like my parents both said.....everyone will have to deal with me for 6 months so I can get better. I am too young to have my furniture removed...as my gyno says.....and to be placed on hormone replacement therapy, which has bad side effects itself. So that is where we are now. I was instructed by my gyno. NOT to go back to the hospital and to call him if I have any more pain. I LOVE my gyno! I am so lucky to have him. He helped me through a difficult delivery with my daughter and all of my ISSUES!!!

This is another reason why Tubs has saved me! Even if my hubby wasn't fixed I probably wouldn't have been able to have any more kiddies. He warms my heart and has been lowering my stress level since all of this!!!

Thank you to everyone who ready my previous thread and expressed their concern!!! Update right now is....pain free, but anxious and irritable....I guess it is time to play with Tubs!!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh dear I must have missed the other thread. I'm sorry you are going through this. I feel you as I am not able to tolerate the pills either. To bad there is not another way around this. I will pray that you don't have to be on it the whole time and get better soon

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: man..you've been through so very much. I'm not sure of your age...but I think I just would say..yank it..ALL! I've known plenty of women who've had a radical hysterectomy in their 30's... Now in their 50s and one in her 60s..honestly.they've done fine. A few years of hormone replacement and then they just went cold turkey. I hope this way works for you..but if not. As strong as you are..you will do fine.

Tubs....Take Care Of Your Mommy! :love:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I must have missed it too. Im so glad you are ok and have a great gyno. Get better and hang in there. We all care about you.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
:hug: man..you've been through so very much. I'm not sure of your age...but I think I just would say..yank it..ALL! I've known plenty of women who've had a radical hysterectomy in their 30's... Now in their 50s and one in her 60s..honestly.they've done fine. A few years of hormone replacement and then they just went cold turkey. I hope this way works for you..but if not. As strong as you are..you will do fine.

Tubs....Take Care Of Your Mommy! :love:

I am 32....soon to be 33! I would like to try to keep my stuff as long as possible. I have heard the hormone replacement therapy can cause cancer! I don't want that on top of everything else! UGH!!! Tubs was taking care of me until he just sat on my stomach! LOL 63lbs of lovin on my tummy right now, not so good! lol

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I must have missed it too. Im so glad you are ok and have a great gyno. Get better and hang in there. We all care about you.

Thank you so much! I posted a thread in the General Bulldog talk about Tubs missing his mommy! Some were asking questions, so I posted this here!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am 32....soon to be 33! I would like to try to keep my stuff as long as possible. I have heard the hormone replacement therapy can cause cancer! I don't want that on top of everything else! UGH!!! Tubs was taking care of me until he just sat on my stomach! LOL 63lbs of lovin on my tummy right now, not so good! lol

The thing is hormone replacements can and often do have less progesterone than the pill. And it works the same way..in fact, often women get the lowest dose of the pill as thir hormone replacement...I did! For about 5 years..thn stopped when I was "done" going through the change and I did great. Just a thought.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
The thing is hormone replacements can and often do have less progesterone than the pill. And it works the same way..in fact, often women get the lowest dose of the pill as thir hormone replacement...I did! For about 5 years..thn stopped when I was "done" going through the change and I did great. Just a thought.

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate your input. I am doing all the research I can before I make my final decision. I am even to the point of researching an endometriosis diet...how crazy is that?!?!?! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I couldn't take the pill. I had the mood thing and severe headaches. So I know if it were me I would opt for a hysterectomy and get it over with.

As far as the cancer side effect to hormone therapy....yea there is an increased risk. But research the risk involved in the pill and cancer and you just may find it's not much different.

Whatever you decide is right for you, I wish you the best.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you for the information. I really appreciate your input. I am doing all the research I can before I make my final decision. I am even to the point of researching an endometriosis diet...how crazy is that?!?!?! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Educating yourself is the best way! Whatever you decide ..you have to feel good about it..and knowledge is power! :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my... I am sorry anyone ever has to go thru such things. My gawd. :( I do not know the cancer issue BUT it does sound like it may be worth researching further having a hysterectomy. I know my mom and aunt both had them in their 30s and are fine now. Well hating menopause but I think that is the norm for every woman. I too couldnt handle the pill, my gosh after having Paige I was on it for a short while and I felt such emotions in me that were horrid. I hope you continue to feel better and figure out what will help you the best. Thank goodness for Tubs huh? These babies sure do make us feel so much better when we need it. :hug: and thank you for sharing with us.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] - I'm so glad you're feeling better. Anytime you feel cranky or anxious, take Mr. Tubbs for a stroll. That and gardening has kept me out of therapy for years....LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Reading your post was like reading my own memories. My story is far too long to type on the iPod, but I can tell you that having children does not get rid of endometriosis. It only gets rid of it while you are pregnant. I have it and probably still have it but I am a special case, meaning it does not cause me physical pain on a daily basis. When I had my second laser surgery my Gyno told me I had so much of it (only a year and a half after my son was born) that I should not have been able to walk. His theory is that i have probably had it almost all my life so therefore my brain has "shut off" the pain it causes. Will tell you more later on my PC.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online