9/11 memorial

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
I am not sure, but probably on September 11 in the USA everyone will remember those who died on Sept, 11th.
In the Netherlands there's much media attention for this (radio&tv&papers).
Since this terrible event made a great impression on me I also pay attention to this day of remembrance through Bono's site (= social network in the Netherlands)

9/11 victims R.I.P

http://bonobulldog.hyves.nl/ (I hope you are allowed to open this page)

I made a printscreen (without music unfortunately):

Bono911-1.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I lost a dear friend from High School in Tower 2. He was in Tower 1 and got out, called his wife to let her know (she was in Calf) then went into Tower 2 to help. Didn't make it out of 2. Rest in Peace John Patrick Hart. Your friends and family miss you dearly.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I can't believe it's been 9 years, but then in the same breath, it seems like "pre 9/11" was ages ago :( With all the construction going on there right now, it's hard to imagine what went on there on that day... whenever I visit, I try to imagine and just can't :( It was the first time I've ever been in a hospital during a true external "disaster". Since then was the great northeast blackout and more recently the Continental plane crash here in Buffalo. I just pray that all stays quiet on Saturday, the anniversary always makes me nervous :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Lisa, I took my first trip to NY NY 5 years ago. We went to ground zero and spent some time there. Very sad. I couldn't imagine being so close to such a massive, horrible disaster. After 9/11 I spent a whole week glued to the TV and crying for all those people.
I am on the Dental Forensic team for N Florida, trained in mass disasters, I pray I never have to experience it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks [MENTION=938]SonoftheSea[/MENTION] - as always, you are so creative. I can't believe it's been 9 years either. I had an extended family member (the same age as I am now) die in the World Trade Center and a friend, who was just out of college, working at the Pentagon, who was thankfully unharmed. It touched us all in some way, in ways we can't forget.

As someone who teaches history, 9/11 is certainly event that we understand much like the American Revolution and Civil War - America was changed forever afterward...a sad anniversary.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.