This or That: Movies - Stay in or Go out?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
When the big box office movies come out, do you go to the theater to see them or do you stay home and wait for them to come out on cable and/or Netflix, etc.?

I prefer to wait until they come out and watch them at home. I do on a rare occassion go the theater. We have a big tv with surround sound so it's nicer to sit on my couch and hit pause for a break if needed. :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Prefer to stay home. I know how awful but hey I can drink a beer or 2, pee when I want and eat what I want for free. ;) Movies were fun when I was younger but I think they are over rated now.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Home, we also have a 63 inch flat screen with surround sound. I can sit in my jammies with a beer and be comfortable watching the movies at home.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Jordan and I would go out if we could but the kidlets prevail so...if we watch a movie it will be at home 75% of the time!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It used to be that I'd go to the movies 2-3x a week, but that was pre-Finn and Tate. Now, I have no desire to go to the a movie theatre, and if I do, it's to the 2 dollar matinee b/c movie tix these days are way inflated!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Home, we also have a 63 inch flat screen with surround sound. I can sit in my jammies with a beer and be comfortable watching the movies at home.
Yep my thoughts exactly. we have a 65" projector tv, it's old school but nice.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since we bought the house, it's mostly staying in. The ones we do see in theatres are either big blockbusters that's action packed, such as Avengers, or those that were adapted from good books, like Hunger Games.

L

Lucy-licious

Depends on the movie to be honest.....we go to the cinema a lot but not as much as we used to. I don't like to wait so if there is something I want to see we will go :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
steve and i used to go to the theater alot but now its netflix out of the redbox it seems. :hmm: something wrong with this picture i think.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Same here, we use to go quite a bit. Now we typically stay home, unless something looks really good.

However, this past weekend Pan and I had a date night to the drive in, since Pete was out of town for work.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
With 2 toddlers and two older kids we do Netflix and redbox. We watch a movie almost every night actually! But if there is a must see like the Harry potter movies Chip takes one of my older boys then I go the next night with the other boy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Movie Theater maybe once a month if that....
I don't know if Im just getting older and crankier or today's movies just plain S#%@.

The way I look at it, it costs me over $800 to go to the movies.... NO THANKS ...
The price of 4 ticKets (Me, wife & 2 teenagers) ,popcorn, sodas and Milk Duds i'm looking at $75.00 to go see a movie I can watch at home 2 months later for free. Then you have the $200 speeding ticket for rushing to the movies cause your wife is in the bathroom still and the movie is about to start.
Then you get the scratch on your car door from the idiot that parked too close to you...
Finally your in your seat and in front of you sits a lady with a B-52's style hair-do... Although this one is fun cause you spend the nite sticking popcorn into that bee hive without her noticing....

Anyways, after thinking about this, I'm stayin home this weekend. Im calling my wife now and cancelling or date..

thanks for the thread.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I prefer to stay home. Mydogs take all my money, lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.