I hope I'm doing the right thing...

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Earlier today while on Facebook I noticed a link posted by a friend. The title was what caught my eye...

It was titled, "Atlanta GA ~ Pits sit in urine with no shelter! Need HELP ASAP!!"

I couldn't stop myself. I sent an email letting them know that I would be very happy to take the older of the two dogs. I'll link the post for everyone to read. I did get an enthusiastic reply and I really hope it works out.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=124390414278584&id=100001350215966&ref=mf

I mentioned the blue and white female in the photos.

I'm a bit nervous about the whole process. I have all the supplies I need but I don't know the dog. I don't know what she's been though but the way she smiled at the camera and you can see her tail going a mile a minute caught my heart! I really hope that she can get transported up here, or if not a home can be found for her there as soon as possible.

I'm sitting on pins and needles!!

Last edited:

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Oh my goodness! Poor babies! I just dont get how people can do things like that to poor innovent loving creatures! I pray && hope all that all goes well && that you do save that little ones life! It was destiney for you to stumble upon that post && help.. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I commend you Jess, what a tragedy these poor souls are living through, I hope you can bring some light into her life.

Bless you for that. :) I sure hope it works out, and I think if anyone can help and handle whatever she has in store, you can :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The link didnt take me to that post but to a pic of a tatoo backpiece. Not sure of the details but it sounds like you will have your hands full. You seem know a lot about training and dealing with pups so I am sure you will be ok.

OP
froggz

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I fixed the link, sorry about that.

I'm a bit worried, there is a comment stating a rescue contacted the original poster and has learned that the owner wants to give the adult dog to a friend. I am keeping my fingers crossed he surrenders her :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, that is what happens unfortunately. :(

I had someone contact me a few weeks back about their mom in Florida needing to be rid of her EB, was soooooo concerned about finding a good home, ect. so I gave her all the rescue info and told her NOT to post this dog on CL or other sites, so what does she do? Post it and get some $$$ on CL and sells it to the highest bidder. Shame.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Yeah, that is what happens unfortunately. :(

I had someone contact me a few weeks back about their mom in Florida needing to be rid of her EB, was soooooo concerned about finding a good home, ect. so I gave her all the rescue info and told her NOT to post this dog on CL or other sites, so what does she do? Post it and get some $$$ on CL and sells it to the highest bidder. Shame.

Do you know if she ever got a buyer? I would like to look into it. There is a guy here in Jax wanting money for his 7mo old male pup with a cherry eye. He won't return my calls, I am praying he got a good home for himl.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No they emailed me and said 'they found a home'. Through CL.... Hopefully a good one :(

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I think Craigslist should stop all animal sales. They say you can't sell animals, but you can ask for a rehoming fee...all that does is let them sell their animals under the guise of free with a rehoming fee. Then people wonder why there are still so many puppy mills.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yes, I agree! Love that rehoming fee of $2000! And English bulldog news gets flagged for posting available bulldogs for adoption. Go figure!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.