Cell Phone Advice

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am in line for a new cell phone at the end of the month. I am currently in Verizon and am pretty sure I want to stay with him. Does anyone have any recommendations from Verizon's line of phones? I am specifically considering a Droid.

Or should I just say "screw it" and get an iPhone? :p

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My son got one of the first generation I-phones, lately he has had trouble with dropping calls and not receiving text messages. My boss and his wife also have one. They have the 3g, however he hates it, again he will not get calls or text messages at times. He gets bad reception in areas that should be good. His wife loves hers. If it helps at all, my son is due for an upgrade and he isn't getting the i-phone, he is switching.

I noticed that Terri's cell from work is a smart phone through Sprint. She can't get reception here at the house, where the rest of us can. I am beginning to wonder if it has to do with the technology of the smart phones, like the internal antenna or something like that.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Not at all familiar with Verizon, but I think Droid is their answer to iphone, isn't it? We were with T-Mobile for years and I got a My Touch, which was their version of the iphone. My daughter has the iphone by AT&T, and so I was familiar with it. The My Touch did not begin to compare! I ended up getting on my daughter's family plan and got the 3g iphone which is AMAZING!! I love, Love, LOVE it!! I've heard the new 4g iphones are troublesome, but the prices of the 3g have dropped since the 4g came out. I've never had any problem at all with mine.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My boyfriend has the driod and so does our friend Matt, they LOVE it and actually like it better than the iphone. They don't have the brand new model but I know they got them less than a year ago.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I love the android phones! I have a android and a Blackberry. They are both great phones, but I really like the android one the best.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My hubby and I both have an iphone. (the 3g). We absolutely love ours! My hubby does computer things for work and is on his all the time at home. He had a blackberry and hated it. Switched to iphone and he hasn't gone back!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We dont have the new nice crazy phones but my cousin has the droid and a few friends also and they LOVE it! The apps are crazy.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate, which is a Android through Verizon, and I really love it. It's like an iPhone only it makes calls too! :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My husband has one of the 4G phones ... he likes it but it is a lot bigger than any other phone. As I carry my phone in my pocket all the time it's kinda ruled out the 4G phones for me.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
The Droid is a 3G and is really more like a tiny computer than a phone! It's amazing!

I am also REALLY hard on my phones, so I hope this one lasts!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.