Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This or That: Potato chips or Chex Mix?

This post is written out of guilt. I recently made a batch of Chex Mix with two sticks of butter, and this past weekend ate so much of it, I started to feel sick:bad:! Still, I do love my CM! How about you?btw, for all the British EBN'ers, potato chips=crisps (I think)! @Lucy-licious, correct me if i'm wrong!

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Yes potato chips are crisps :D but what on earth is chex mix [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes potato chips are crisps :D but what on earth is chex mix @cali baker?

:lmao:
Sorry, I guess these are not a universal snack, are they?!
Well, it is a concoction of rice cereal, corn cereal, and wheat cereal (all known under the brand of Chex Cereal, tho you can get the generic version as well), then mixed with mini pretzels, garlic bagle chips, and mixed nuts. Then, you melt 1/2 stick of butter (I used two sticks)!!, and then mix the butter into the cereal mixture, then add some garlic salt, salt/pepper...and bake this in oven for about 1 hour.
YOu can add variations to the above; some people have a sweeter version, and put cinnamon in it.

It's really good!

L

Lucy-licious

:lmao:
Sorry, I guess these are not a universal snack, are they?!
Well, it is a concoction of rice cereal, corn cereal, and wheat cereal (all known under the brand of Chex Cereal, tho you can get the generic version as well), then mixed with mini pretzels, garlic bagle chips, and mixed nuts. Then, you melt 1/2 stick of butter (I used two sticks)!!, and then mix the butter into the cereal mixture, then add some garlic salt, salt/pepper...and bake this in oven for about 1 hour.
YOu can add variations to the above; some people have a sweeter version, and put cinnamon in it.

It's really good!

Think I'll take your word for that and say that I'm a potato chip kinda gal :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've been on a potato chip kick lately. Lays potato chips. I crave the salt I think. I love potato chips with a tunafish sandwich.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've been on a potato chip kick lately. Lays potato chips. I crave the salt I think. I love potato chips with a tunafish sandwich.

Tuna and chips .. ROCK!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Potato chips for me, although I rarely buy any so I don't eat them all. Especially have a weakness with lays and a bowl of dip to go with it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh my goodness potato chips are my kryptonite. I just end up picking all the bagel chips out of the chex mix because I don't like anything else in the mix. But potato chips.....<drool>....and now they have so many flavors! Like dill pickle!! They go sooo good on sandwiches. Or crumble up sour cream and onion ones for coating chicken. And just eating out of the bag...I love that crunch.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
chex mix here. Pretzels are my all time favorite, but I love Chex Mix. I avoid buying it because I will sit down and eat the entire bag.

I am a salt lover.....chocolate and sweets, not so much.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Re: This or That: Potato chips or Chex Mix?

This post is written out of guilt. I recently made a batch of Chex Mix with two sticks of butter, and this past weekend ate so much of it, I started to feel sick:bad:! Still, I do love my CM! How about you?btw, for all the British EBN'ers, potato chips=crisps (I think)! @Lucy-licious, correct me if i'm wrong!
I've done this more times than I can count. I just can't stop eating it . I don't make it often anymore because over the course of a day I WILL eat the entire bowl.

DukeDutchess

Sep 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke Big Boss Cowboy
I LOVE, LOVE all things salty--especially potato chips. My mom used to make barrels of Chex mix for me to take back to college and even though that was many, many years ago, that memory tastes pretty good! I may have to mix up a batch now that you mention it--2 sticks of pure butter sounds fantastic!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, butter=happiness. It can also be said that bacon=happiness too....and smores lol. There, I said it! lol. I am a chex mix girl but minus the icky pretzels.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.