What vacuum do you use?

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I tried to search this topic and i didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has already been asked/done.

I need to buy a good vacuum, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a stupid dyson. I'm sure they are awesome, but i can't justify spending that much money on a vacuum. I'm sure there are other options out there that are just as effective and much more fiscally reasonable. What do you guys like/use? And what do you not like?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HA lol... I said the same thing and finally gave in to the greatest vacuum EVER..... Dyson Animal - 7 years old, $400 and still work like new!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sorry ....... I have the stupid Dyson and love it so can't help you!!!! :tongue:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
AAAhhhh lol! I'm just hating on the Dyson because it's out of my tax bracket right now. If i hadn't spent hundreds of dollars on the vet in the last month i could buy a couple of those! I think i wan't a good vacuum that i can afford to last a year or so until i can get a Dyson.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had a Hoover Wind Tunnel before my Dyson and it was good for about 2 yrs

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have a Dirt Devil...not the best. Does the purple Dyson really pick up hair (without having to go over the same spot 50 times)?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have a shark navigator lift away i got at bed bath and beyond for like 170 dollars and its wonderful. never had a dyson so dont know how to compare but it sucks up the dirt and is easy to empty.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I bought a Hoover cyclonic something something for 80 dollars at home depot. It had pretty decent reviews and people said for the money it was a great vacuum.

We took it out of the box and all we had to assemble was the handle and it just popped right into the machine.

Granted this was the first time we have used it, but it is awesome! I can't compare it to a dyson, but it will definitely suffice until I have 500 laying around for a Miele or a Dyson. The Hoover picked up a ton of dirt and fur! I had to empty it twice just doing my bedroom! I was disgusted at the filth i've been living in! Lol. The carpet is nice and fluffy too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341207202.689394.jpg

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Dyson, wouldn't use any other... And if it died would replace it in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My Dyson 07 (yes, vintage ha ha) is currently in the shop for an overhaul. I can't wait to get it back! I bought a brand new Hoover Windtunnel P.A.W.S. model last year and I'm ready to chuck it into the street. It blows. Spending the extra bucks on a Dyson means never having to say you're sorry for buying a crap vaccuum. :ROFL:

If I ever buy another one, it will absolutely be a Dyson.

Check out the internet. There's reconditioned older models that you can sometimes find. Well worth it. I promise you. :yes:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
sorry, I have the dyson animal too!!! Love it. Need to take it in for service now though, the hose attachment is sucking up as good and I need to get the filters cleaned out, but absolutely love it. I now want to get the animal ball one for better manueverability!!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Dyson Animal here - Purchased it 2004 - 2005 - We'll never go back to another - Yes its pricey, but if you figure out the cost of replacing 'normal' ones - its WELL Worth the upfront money - We have had an issue that the bin door fell off (Knocked it against the trashcan too hard I guess while dumping) contacted Dyson, and ordered a new piece for it - can you do that with your Hoover/Dirt Devils etc? (I'm not sure that is why I am asking) if this one ever dies (we've NEVER had it in a shop) we'll get another one in a heartbeat -

DYSON :)

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I'll save 50 dollars a month and by the time my Hoover dies I can buy a dyson. :) then I can join the cool kids with clean carpets club.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I got my dyson on overstock for a cheaper price than I could find anywhere else. Love the dyson animal

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online