Don't even know what to say :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
This is really sad and I was literally in tears when I found out. I was babysitting my little cousins (my cousins sons) who are 2 and 3 1/2 as I heard this news so it hit home.

In Union, NJ where I live 2 brothers drowned. Their mother fell asleep around 3 or so and the little boys got out of the house, jumped the fence into the neighbors yard and went into the pool. Well the little boys couldnt swim and therefore they drowned. The mother woke up around 6 or 7 and couldnt find her sons. She called the police who came and searched and looked over the fence and saw the 2 boys next door at the bottom of the pool :cry: They tried CPR and brought them to the hospital where they were prounounced.

The worst part about this is that the neighbor told the mother the DAY BEFORE that her children were climbing the fence and she ignored it and told them they were lying. I feel this was so preventable if the mother was more aware of what her children were doing. I could be totally out of line as I am not a mother but I spend a lot of time with little cousins, newphew, friends children and I DO NOT take my eyes off of them for a minute. I just hope all parents saw the news and talk to their children and take measures to prevent this from ever happening again. I feel very sorry for the whole family as this is such a tragic event. I feel horrible for their father and mother.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
This is awful. You are NOT out of line. With children that young, you do not nap and leave them to their own devices. I could understand if they had a much older sibling why she would think this *might* be ok but for god sake they are tiny

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
so not okay... If she needed to take a nap that badly then she should have put them down for one also.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
How heartbreaking. As a mom, I know where my kids are at all times. My hubs thinks I am overprotective, but I think I'm just cautious.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gawd, sich an awful hard lesson to learn. :*( Very sad that it could have been prevented. Heck we have kid locks on all our doors so this couldnt happen, too bad more parents dont secure their house better.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
What a tragic ending. Don't have kids yet but my mom has told me that one of the sacrifices you'd need to make are the afternoon naps. She'd even stay up when my grandfather was on babysitting duties because she knew that he'd accidentally snooze off for fifteen minutes or so.

So sad for everyone involved.

Last edited:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
What will be even more unfortunate, will be the lawsuit the napping mother will attempt on her neighbor - cause it wont be the mothers fault, the fence wasnt high enough, or the water was too deep, or the property owner should of done more to prevent the accident. I will guarantee it will be someone elses, anyone elses fault, than her's. Pure speculation here - because of the way society has gotten.
(Sorry about the 2 lives cut way too short)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How tragic but very preventable and irresponsible of the mother.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is just awful .... when my two were growing up I kept ALL the doors locked, and actually still do out of habit!!! I also made a point of paying for my kids to have swimming lessons as soon as they were old enough!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Totally wrong on so many levels....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I also feel bad for the pool owner, since I am one I can minimally relate!! More than likely she will be sued even though she had a fence and took precautions!! VERy sad story!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Terrible and so sad...mine are teens and I still keep close tabs on them much less if they were toddlers or younger even.
There's no napping when you've got bullies or babies. Constant Supervision is a MUST!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Terrible and so sad...mine are teens and I still keep close tabs on them much less if they were toddlers or younger even.
There's no napping when you've got bullies or babies. Constant Supervision is a MUST!

Absolutely! I am always out in the back yard with the pups even though I have a mechanical pool cover. When it rains the water pools which bertha could drown in. We love our pool but so much responsibilty and hypervigilance comes with it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.