This or That: Neutral or Colourful Paint?

This or That: Neutral or Colourful Paint?

• Total voters
OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm the colourful kind of gal, I can go with either bright or darker tones, as long as they're not any shades of brown. There's something about colour that screams happy.

Although I'm paying the price for it now seeing I need to paint the common areas neutral as I'm trying to sell the place. Going over a darker shade with a lighter one is not very exciting ... especially if it needs more than 2 coats. :cursing: :D

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I like color. Neutral is just so blah!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm thinking we should post some of our bright rooms. I have one that's candy apple green ... or neon green in the light. lol.

L

Lucy-licious

Afraid I'm a wallpaper type of gal :D I like neutral bases with splashes of bright colour...for example my living room is mainly cream but the recesses to the side of the chimney breast have black wallpaper with lime green flowers on :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I'm thinking we should post some of our bright rooms. I have one that's candy apple green ... or neon green in the light. lol.

Ooh, not sure I am that brave, let me see. :) I havent painted most rooms in this house yet, previous owners had colors I liked. BUT my favorite color is the bathroom. Let me find it somewhere....
img_0007.jpg

it is actually brighter in person and just makes me smile. This tiny bathroom was such a cave before this.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It depends on the room for me. I love bright colors in bathrooms and kitchens, but soothing tones for the bedroom, dining room, and living room. And in the living room and dining room, I put a bunch of art on the walls.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am a color girl. The good news is that my husband is a paointing contractor so I get lots of color or changes when I want it!! right now I have polka dots in my bedroom!! I came home one day and he painted my foyer a pretty blue!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I just like the neutral colors.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I prefer neutral colors and splash of colors in the curtains and decor

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It just depends on the room. I've made some bold choices (particularly on ceilings) and some neutral ones. I like dark ceilings. Believe it or not it can open up a small room and make them look bigger.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.