Read any good books lately?

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - how long did it take you to read the Song of Ice and Fire books? I've been waiting patiently for my husband to finish the first book so I can read it, and he is taking FOR.EV.ER!
I'm reading the Millenium Triolgy now. When I finish that, I'll just steal Game of Thrones from him, I'm tried of waiting. :)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I think it took me maybe 3 months to read through all 5 books the first time. Double that on the second read because I paid closer attention and it all made much more sense. GRRM like to hide little clues in his pages then ask questions later.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
jack whyte has some good historical fiction, a knights templar series and a scottish guardians series he's working on now. my favorite book is daniel quinn - ishmael

I love historical fiction! Thanks :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm on book four of the song of ice and fire books!!! Just finished hunger games (thanks to [MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] for lending me the last two on my nook), and have the 50 shades trilogy waiting to read on my nook.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm on book four of the song of ice and fire books!!! Just finished hunger games (thanks to @Chunksmama for lending me the last two on my nook), and have the 50 shades trilogy waiting to read on my nook.

There are expected to be 2 more books to the series. I just hope GRRM lives long enough to finish them (the man isn't a spring chicken anymore). By his own admission "I am 62 years old, fat, out of shape, and I don't eat a healty diet."

It took him 5 years to write Feast for Crows and 7 to finish Dance with Dragons :(

L

Lucy-licious

I enjoyed THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy!

I am on book 3. @Libra926 mentioned Hunger Games a long time ago and I am just now getting to it. I like it a lot more than I thought.

My next will be Shades of Grey! finally all three in Paperback at Sam's Wholesale club.

I'm on book one of The Hunger Games...brought it to Florida with me thinking it would be a good holiday read..OMG! I don't want to put it down..not good when on an all go, action packed vacation :lol:

Other books I've enjoyed are...
ALL the Harry Potter books...I have the whole seriese in paper back, hard back, leather bound and Audio :eek: and have read them at least 5 times :eek: :eek:.

Patricia Cornwell..Scarpetta seriese..they're amazing books a bit gruesome at times but a great read.
Sophie Kinsella..shopaholic books are good light reading and she has written others that are better, such as Twenties Girl.

and other recent reads are A-Z of Gastroenterology, Caring for the Cancer Patient, and a constant flick through on my desk is Totora and Grabowski..Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body :D

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Heard Girl w the dragon tattoo is very good. I can't wait to start reading 50 shades. Think bill do that on the plane ride to Hawaii in 2 months!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - You are right. It's not a "step by step" training book, is it? I enjoyed the hell out of them.

L

Lucy-licious

I'll bet that one was hard to put down :ROFL:

The worst was that it was one if those reads that just doesn't go in and 20 pages later your sat thinking what have I learned...nothing...better start again :sense:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], I have all the Scarpetta books, loved them and read them years ago. I actually am going to start up from book one again real soon.

I wish I had know you were reading the Hunger Games, I would have brought book 2 for you to take home.

L

Lucy-licious

@Lucy-licious, I have all the Scarpetta books, loved them and read them years ago. I actually am going to start up from book one again real soon.

I wish I had know you were reading the Hunger Games, I would have brought book 2 for you to take home.

My friend warned me it was one of those books thats difficult to put down so I bought all three together :)
i read through all the Scarpetta books again recently too....but am struggling with her latest book, read a chapter ir two then just left it sitting on my bedside.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.