Read any good books lately?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I've read the Song of Ice and Fire series twice already. I gave in to peer pressure and just finished the 50 Shades trilogy. Now my kindle is lonely

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just read the last of the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel. There are I think five books in the series. First one is Clan of the Cave Bear. There series is about a girl that was orphaned and raised by Neandrathals and her many adventures thru out her life. It's not as silly as it sounds and the author did years of research in writing the books.... Ive read the series at least twice.
Shogun and its follow up series of books by James Clavel is probably my favorite book,,,, read that at least 3 times... LOL

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Just read the last of the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel. There are I think five books in the series. First one is Clan of the Cave Bear. There series is about a girl that was orphaned and raised by Neandrathals and her many adventures thru out her life. It's not as silly as it sounds and the author did years of research in writing the books.... Ive read the series at least twice.
Shogun and its follow up series of books by James Clavel is probably my favorite book,,,, read that at least 3 times... LOL

I love those books too....rereadable for sure!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I started the 50 shades of grey but Ummmmm couldnt finish it! I dont usually read until I hit the beach :) [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] How did you like it?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Here's my recently read, favorite AUDIO books -- cuz I ain't no reader. Can't sit still long enough to read anything but a magazine.

How To Raise The Perfect Puppy - Cesar Millan
Cesar's Way - Cesar Millan
...and there's another one in my iPod, but I can't remember which one it is now.....LOL

OK. You guys can throw tomatoes at me. I can take it.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Jackie Collins if my favorite author so I'm usually reading something from her collection. I'm working on completing my collection of her works...slowly but surely.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Here's my recently read, favorite AUDIO books -- cuz I ain't no reader. Can't sit still long enough to read anything but a magazine.

How To Raise The Perfect Puppy - Cesar Millan
Cesar's Way - Cesar Millan
...and there's another one in my iPod, but I can't remember which one it is now.....LOL

OK. You guys can throw tomatoes at me. I can take it.

*SPLAAATTT!!!* .... ;)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I started the 50 shades of grey but Ummmmm couldnt finish it! I dont usually read until I hit the beach :) @Twice How did you like it?

50 Shades of Smut? lol

Everyone that I know either has read it or was reading it. We'd all get together and they'd start talking about it leaving me to look up and count ceiling tiles. When I saw they were available on audible.com I got them. I liked the character development. It was interesting seeing Christian go from messed up kinky guy to just a kinky guy in love. Everyone says that book 2 was the best. I'm guessing they think that because there's less "accessories"? I found book 3 the best of the series only because there is more of a plot to it, she adds a little whodunit mystery that keeps it interesting.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
50 Shades of Smut? lol

Everyone that I know either has read it or was reading it. We'd all get together and they'd start talking about it leaving me to look up and count ceiling tiles. When I saw they were available on audible.com I got them. I liked the character development. It was interesting seeing Christian go from messed up kinky guy to just a kinky guy in love. Everyone says that book 2 was the best. I'm guessing they think that because there's less "accessories"? I found book 3 the best of the series only because there is more of a plot to it, she adds a little whodunit mystery that keeps it interesting.

I got to about page 50 something and decided Ill wait until I start going to the shore to read :) I know the books are very :hmm: I cant say it here :lol: Very Very graphic! They are making a movie out of the trilogy as well from what I hear :) That should be a good one! My sister in law read it and was telling me all about it so thats how I got into it :)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] oh yeah!! it is VERY HBO after dark. I listened to the audiobook here at work and every time my boss walked into my office I'd get embarrassed.

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] I'm going to look into those. I have a little experience living with Neanderthals too! It might be fun to read someone elses experiences lol

[MENTION=3502]NigelsMom[/MENTION] Is Jackie Collins still writing?

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I listened to Cesars Way. But only because it was free :) The whole thing seemed more about his accomplishments than dog training.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - Oh yes she's working on something now...I follow her on Twitter and Facebook and she's the best! I requested and received an autograph photo just recently. She's been a fave since I was in my teens. I have a complete list of her books and I have 8 out of 28 so I've got some ways to go. lol

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
jack whyte has some good historical fiction, a knights templar series and a scottish guardians series he's working on now. my favorite book is daniel quinn - ishmael

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I enjoyed THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy!

I am on book 3. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] mentioned Hunger Games a long time ago and I am just now getting to it. I like it a lot more than I thought.

My next will be Shades of Grey! finally all three in Paperback at Sam's Wholesale club.

Most Reactions