I'mm being eaten out of house and home!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
between my 12 yo son who is skinny as a bean pole and my bf, my grocery bill is over 700 a month!That's with coupons , sales and generics. I dont buy a ton of snacks and I make everything from scratch no prepackaged meals. 5 people live here. 1 eats only breast milk. my other daughter is only home 2-4 days a week in the summer. so mainly its just the boys and I. i eat like a bird! WE go through over a gallon of milk a day. I made 3 dozen cookies Sat. and they lasted 2 hours. I made a 2.5 pound roast with homemade mashed potatoes nad gravy for the 3 of us and I had to make a pot of chili too! 2 lbs hamburger can of beans can of tomatoes tomato juice peppers onions ect... ALL GONE BY dinners end. No one in my house is overweight so where does it go? I had 1 bowl of chili! Where does it go?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I am in awe, you cook everything from scratch?? wow!! your kiddos are very lucky!! Food does not last around this place either.. growing kids can eat!!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I am in awe, you cook everything from scratch?? wow!! your kiddos are very lucky!! Food does not last around this place either.. growing kids can eat!!
I guess I should rephrase that a little. I will by things like pasta some bread and tortillas pre made just saves a ton of time. But no food out of a can nothing instant
no "helpers" no tv dinners or frozen meals nothing including cake and brownie mixes out of a box except mac n cheese and that s only because they love kraft. We also don't do prepackaged meats like hot dogs ,lunch meat. Although i must confess tyson southwest chicken breast strips do find their way into my quesadillas on a busy night. It's cheaper tastes better and has less added "stuff" this way.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Same here, I plan my weekly menus and for the most part stick to it. I have a 17 year old son and my husband and there are never left overs. I can't say I spend 700.00 a month but it sure seems like it.

I dont know what I would do if I didn't plan my dinners - I have a 3 ring binder with menus for five weeks and shopping list for all and I rotate them and sometimes mix and match. Sure makes life a lot easier.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My brother and sister-in-law's house is exactly the same way..... three growing boys and the food goes faster than she can buy/make it

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I dont know what I would do if I didn't plan my dinners - I have a 3 ring binder with menus for five weeks and shopping list for all and I rotate them and sometimes mix and match. Sure makes life a lot easier.

That's way too much organization for me :laugh:

I used to spend 300 a week on groceries. Feeding 3 teenage boys ain't cheap. And the buggers expected me to feed them several times a day, EVERY DAY! I told them a couple times a week should be enough but they didn't buy it lol

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
That's way too much organization for me :laugh:

I used to spend 300 a week on groceries. Feeding 3 teenage boys ain't cheap. And the buggers expected me to feed them several times a day, EVERY DAY! I told them a couple times a week should be enough but they didn't buy it lol

Lol I tried that as well. I alos told my husband after my son graduates this friday, no more dinners...back to what I did before I had children - pop tarts and cereal....we shall see how that goes over.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I remember when my son was 12, he began eating all the leftovers that were meant for dinner as an after school snack. Then we'd to to Taco Bell and he's get like 7 items and eat them all. He too was very slim and tall for his age. He's still slim, big boned and a whopping 6'5". That's where it went, his height. :eek:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I remember when my son was 12, he began eating all the leftovers that were meant for dinner as an after school snack. Then we'd to to Taco Bell and he's get like 7 items and eat them all. He too was very slim and tall for his age. He's still slim, big boned and a whopping 6'5". That's where it went, his height. :eek:
I think that is where it's going. He is already 5 ft 6 and wears a size 10.5 mens shoe!! He isn't even nearly 13 yet. I'm only 5 ft 1 and his dad is 5 11 don't know where he gets it from.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.