Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That dates were mixed up. The show will be this Tuesday.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He is awesome..I saw him work with a friends Bully... About 6 or 7 years ago. Sadly he recommended euthanasia! Caesar even took Him to his place for a few weeks. He was biting and got very aggressive for no reason! But it broke my heart...

Last edited:
OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
OMG he was brilliant! I will tell you more when it all sinks in....and it's midnight here, I have to sleep on it.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So WAU! Great show, I'm still stunned. It was even more than I expected. The show was so funny and I took a lot of wisdom home and I think Usko and his coming sister/brother will really benefit from it.

Cesar is so insightful and everything he says makes so much sence when you really think of it. We really humanize our dogs too much. They are dogs and are so much happier when we treat them as such. I get so pissed of when some people accuse him of being violent and aggressive towards dogs when he is really not. There was a little snag for those trainers who are all about gadzets, toys, props and treats. He put on a vest with all sorts of equipment and tried to get the attention of a dog who was busy sniffing something much more interesting.

We humans are supposed to be the superior beings and we have to modify our behavior and not expect that the dogs can adjust to our world more than they allready have.
We have to remember that our dogs are really not our children or soulmates. In modern society the first thing we ask when we see a dog is it's name, then what breed it is. A dog is an animal with the needs of an animal, then dog, then breed, then name.
The worst thing that happens to a dog, usually daily, is beeing left alone. Exercising too little and then left alone with nothing to do. He showed too ways of leaving the dog by it self. Letting him/her follow you around, getting all excited and then BANG, door closed and left alone. Which is just the way Usko was left alone when we went to the show...:ashamed: Or before going out taking the dog for a walk and then making him/her rest is a comfortable place when you get ready to go. It makes the world of difference to the dog how he is left alone. Like Cesar has always said exercise, discipline and then affection. Luckily we have bulldogs, that don't need hours of exercise, but they do need exercise to be happy and healthy. They also need to work. Work for their food, work for play etc. I'm not promoting that nilf ideology, but they need to have "a purpose" in life. Discipline is not punishment!
I also learned that dogs are never unbredictable, we humans just don't know how to read the signs and then act on the first sign.
If there is something wrong with the dogs behavior it usually never grows out of it, without correcting the behavior it normally only gets worse.
The dog looks for the human for quidanceand we are obligated to give such quidance that the dog is well behaved and doesn't end up in the shelters as an out of control menace. Cesar gave an example on when a mountain climber has an accident and gets hurt climbing the mountain, nobody blaims the mountain, but when a dog hurts a human everybody blaims the dog. We're dealing with mother nature in both cases.
There were so many things that I'm still a bit overwhelmed.

His younger son was there too and he is getting his own show, The Puppy whisperer, where he teaches kids and adults how to raise a puppy so that his dad never has to rehabilitate the dog.
I so wish that you all could see his show. It was worth every penny and more. He seems so sincere and true. I liked the way he remembers where he is coming from and how he got there were he is now.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
WOW! It is obvious it was a great time :-) thanks for taking the time to tell us all about it. I watch his shows over and over again and I always learn something new each time.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] - Brilliant recap!

Cesar is about more than dogs. In living "Cesar's Way", you can truly change your life. I've seen it happen.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We have to remember that our dogs are really not our children or soulmates.

I'm sorry, I have to firmly disagree with this statement right here. Abby is like my child and I treat her as such. Just ask my son, he's always complaining how I work him like a dog. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.