cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm currently looking for furniture for my house; I'm on a tight budget but luckily I love "old stuff" and go to a lot of flea markets and garage sales for furnishings. Here's a patio set I snagged from Craig's List yesterday. It's from the 1960's/70's era and in great condition still (despite some chipped paint...but that adds to the charm, doesn't it)!?!

I actually fit all the pieces in my little Toyota Prius, can you believe that? I was so determined to make it fit...just had to tie the hatch down with some rope and drove home very slowly. Fortunately, it was only about 5 miles from home.

I still have a ways to go...sofa, bedroom furniture...but after the hassle of the move, THIS is the fun part!!

IMG_1621.jpg IMG_1619.jpg

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I love that you are buying pre-owned!!! Way back in the 60s & 70s that was me only I was loading into a VW Beetle! Yes, you are going to have fun and I love seeing your finds!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
love it...i can see the boys trying to get into the bottom shelf of that bar table lol

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
I am the same way... I do the garage/yard/estate sale thing and the thrift stores. Also belong to the local freecycle list (they have them most places) and have gotten some awesome items that way.

I still need to get a sofa, dining room chairs, dresser and things for the spare bedroom which is my "creative space" for knitting, crafts, reading, painting etc.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You should check out Etsy for some littler pieces. Tons of way cute vintage finds, and if you have a good eye you can get a bargain. I love vintage....al la Mad Men! :)

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
great find! if your worried about the chipped paint you could always spray paint it, you would be surprised how great stuff looks after.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I went garage sailing this weekend and found a few fun things. I needed some porch chairs so found these:IMG_1668.jpg

then went to another sale today and found this which is hanging in my dining room (flowers are my own):
IMG_1700.jpg

then went back again to the garage sale that I got the chairs from and got this for my vino:up:

IMG_1702.jpg

can't wait for next Sunday's flea market!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You are a girl after my own heart ... I love bargain hunting!!! The little treasures that you find will always be more special to you than anything you can get from a store!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.