JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So sorry you got laid off. That's tough when you really like where you worked too. I've always belived that things happen for a reason even if we don't understand it at the time. Certain paths in life must happen to get you were you'll be later on in life. My best to you on your next chapter.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm sorry you lost your job. But if there's a bright side, nobody wants to sit in a stuffy office when the weather is just starting to warm up. Oh wait, you're in Florida. It never got cold! :)

Keep your chin up. You will find another dream job soon. In the meantime, enjoy the time you get to spend with Herschel (and try to go easy on the ice cream... your hips will thank you later ;) )

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Sorry about your jobloss, I'm also on those rolls of 'Job offshored' its been a really good month for me, as in mental health :) I'm sorta digging this 'stay at home w/ Gizmo' . . .she doesnt care either way... she sleeps alllll day :p (and we were actually worried about leaving her during the day!) she becomes active about 5pm until 10pm.

Good luck job hunting, I still dont know what I want to do :/

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry about your jobloss, I'm also on those rolls of 'Job offshored' its been a really good month for me, as in mental health :) I'm sorta digging this 'stay at home w/ Gizmo' . . .she doesnt care either way... she sleeps alllll day :p (and we were actually worried about leaving her during the day!) she becomes active about 5pm until 10pm.

Good luck job hunting, I still dont know what I want to do :/

"Jobs Offshored". Do you know how angry I get over this?? :cursing: I can't say because this is a family place...but .....

Good Luck to ÿou too..I know the perfect thing is around the corner..:hug:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I am so sorry to hear that. Things will get better

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"Jobs Offshored". Do you know how angry I get over this?? :cursing: I can't say because this is a family place...but .....

Good Luck to ÿou too..I know the perfect thing is around the corner..:hug:

Oh no doubt, and when the Feds want to pass stimulus money around, IBM has their hands out, while kicking their U.S. Staff to the curb :( Billions spent in India, Brazil, and China to 'upgrade their service centers, train their employees etc' :/ oh well.. such is life. Can I just sit around eatting bonbon's and lettng Gizmo sleep in my lap as a career? LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh no doubt, and when the Feds want to pass stimulus money around, IBM has their hands out, while kicking their U.S. Staff to the curb :( Billions spent in India, Brazil, and China to 'upgrade their service centers, train their employees etc' :/ oh well.. such is life. Can I just sit around eatting bonbon's and lettng Gizmo sleep in my lap as a career? LOL

My hubby worked for IBM many years ago...he started having nightmares his necktie was getting stuck in a typewriter! :ROFL: that's when we decided...these people suck!

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
So sorry bout the layoff, enjoy the time off while you've got it. Something better will come along. My husband worked for IBM for 3 years ( they bought out his contract) they gave him a choice, go work in Texas for 12 weeks and you may have a job when you get back to MI. Needless to say he didn't have a job when he got back! But he found a job with another contract house working in the same office (Ford) he worked at before in only 3 weeks. Good luck in the search.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My hubby worked for IBM many years ago...he started having nightmares his necktie was getting stuck in a typewriter! :ROFL: that's when we decided...these people suck!

Neckties and Typewriters.. dang that was the stone age :p hee hee

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.