breeders....grrr

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Wasnt sure where to post this...over here or in other pets. This involves pets but its mainly a rant on people lately. LOL. geesh...

We have two mini horses..one mare and a gelding. We got them in February. We actually started with two geldings that were brothers. The breeder we got them from told us they were just perfect..great with kids...you could do anything with them.
They were fine at her house but when we get home one starts acting up. I'm thinking its just stress..so I let it go for a few days to let him settle in.
My almost 3 yr old wants to ride him. We saddle him up and I get on one side to hold his halter and hubby on the other holding my daughter while shes on him. We walk a little ways and he starts bucking uncontrollably-my husband pulls my daughter off before anything happened-but shes terrified and crying. She doesn't mention it anymore-but I think it really scared her and she has no interest at all in riding anymore.

After that this horse starts going out of his way to bite me. Our other one is a saint..he really is gentle. I tried to work with the "bad" horse but he just wouldnt give.
I called the woman we got them from and wanted to give the one horse back. She wouldnt take him. She told me she wasn't a bank. I actually told her she could just give me less that what I paid for him to take him back.
Instead she made me "trade" him for another horse she has that "just loves kids..loves to be brushed.."
She also mentioned that this horse might be pregnant and that it had to have a csection for its last foal.
This horse we have now isnt much better than the one we traded. She doesnt bite us, and the kids can pet her..but forget about riding. I have almost thought of selling her...really...but the plus side is that we thought she was pregnant..we really want a baby mini horse for the kids to raise and play with.

So after much struggle to get her on the trailer..and to make an appt, we got her ultrasounded.
No baby. I tell the vet who we got her from and that this lady also uses this vet for her horses..and about the c-section.

Vet says..."I disagree with both statements. Everytime one of her horses needed a c-section she opted to have it put down. If one of them needed surgery she handed it over to us and we fixed them and gave them to small children for pets. This horse hasnt had a c-section,isnt pregnant...
We don't do business with her anymore. Shes no good for us."

Can you believe that???? That this woman just outright lied to me? Im really really pissed about it.....It seems people that breed animals now are the ones that are mistreating them. After we learned that about the lady we decided not to sell the mare...Now I just feel sorry for her and we're spoiling her. LOL. I can see now why her horses have such behavioral problems..and we really did just get lucky with the first gelding. He is so sweet and comes to everyone for kisses and back rubs.

We do still want a baby horse..but aren't planning on breeding our mare. I can only imagine what she went through with this lady. =(

On top of all that..im going through some bad things with the breeder that Im getting my eb from...
Scared to say anything about the particular breeder online until after we recieve the dog.

*sigh*

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh boy. I know nothing of houses but it sounds like you learned this the hard way. Will be keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with your eb breeder. Thee are MANY like this and sadly we learn after the fact. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sorry to hear all the crud you had to go through. Where are the pics of these mini horses? You can't tell us about them without pics!!! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are times.... <sigh> I really dislike people.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wow! Sounds like you've been through the ringer with bad people. Thank goodness there are good people like you in the world. Crossing my fingers your new puppy doesn't have "health issues" as that is just as common a problem with indiscriminate bulldog breeding.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
I know....here lately it seems EVERYONE I come in contact to is like this....like I tell my husband..people are real sketchy now.
To top all that off...a few days before we had a big outbreak of what we think is dog poisoning.
My hubbys brothers dog died and my mother in laws dog was VERY sick and had been acting strange.

It was Saturday so I call my vets emergency line for her..and he never calls back. We call the other vet in town and still dont get a return call. Luckily she went in Monday and they got her better....but Im really thinking of changing vets now to an actual eb vet for our pup. We'd have to drive an hour away for one, but I can't count on something like that where my call wont be returned.

The second vet that we called is my horse vet-hes the only large animal vet around here. To get my horse ultrasounded it took me calling two days where women at the front desk said he'd return my call personally AND my stepfather actually went over there to their office and demanded to talk to the vet.

He goes on to say in front of everyone when the vets comes in, " I want to know why my daughter can't make an appointment?"

Well we got the ultrasound half off, but needless to say everyone was pissy with us when we brought the horse in the next day.

Do vets even care anymore?? =(

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.