weight watchers

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I had a very scary experience today!! I got on the scale :awwwwman:!! I then joined weight watchers!! Oh how i wish I had a fast metabolism and wasn't in peri-menopause (sorry [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and Davidh, lol)!! Anybody else on weightwatchers?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I did WW back in late 08 and lost nearly 39lbs. I kept the weight off for 2 full years and looked wonderful and felt even better. Then slowly I let bad eating habits one at a time. What I really liked about WW vs other programs is that WW makes you accountable for what you put in your mouth so you choose what you want to eat since you only have so many points. :hmm: do I want that piece of cake at 13 points or do I want to eat something better and more of it later. It's all up to you. It was hard training myself to eat better but some of those habits have stuck now. It was HARDER keeping the weight off so here I sit again. I went from pushing a size 14 (I'm 5'10") to a size 6/8 in seven months. I'm now back in a 10/12 and no comfortable in my skin. Age for me though has not helped.

I tried to do WW again last year online but online didn't work for me, I'm the type that needs to be more accountable and I loved the meeting, as lame as they were sometimes because I had to get on that scale there, not at home.

There, that's my opinion. :up: :D

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I had a very scary experience today!! I got on the scale :awwwwman:!! I then joined weight watchers!! Oh how i wish I had a fast metabolism and wasn't in peri-menopause (sorry @BruceP and Davidh, lol)!! Anybody else on weightwatchers?

just checking in .. I just read this.. I have been very successful with Weight Watchers. I lost 30 pounds on it.. every so often i creep up 5- 10 pounds and then just go right back to it and it works! and peri-menopause omg me too!!! :laugh:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I lost 50 pounds on weight watchers...but haven't kept it ALL off! I decided I'm just too short and if I were 6 feet tall, I would be just perfect!! And obviously..my brain THINKS I'm taller than I am..so who am I to argue with Mother Nature??
i am just like my grandma...and I accept it! :D

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I've been contemplating signing up for it, but haven't quite made the plunge yet. I do get WW magazine on my nook, does that count?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I lost 50 pounds on weight watchers...but haven't kept it ALL off! I decided I'm just too short and if I were 6 feet tall, I would be just perfect!! And obviously..my brain THINKS I'm taller than I am..so who am I to argue with Mother Nature??
i am just like my grandma...and I accept it! :D
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I've been contemplating signing up for it, but haven't quite made the plunge yet. I do get WW magazine on my nook, does that count?
sure it does

I did the old WW program and the new one.. basically its cutting back on portions ( calories ) and exercising! it really does work
I just wish I didn't like food so much! ha ha

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
never done weight watchers but i have an app on my android called my fitness pal which tracks what you eat as in calories and your exercise per day and tells you how your doing. i lost 20 pounds on it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I had a very scary experience today!! I got on the scale :awwwwman:!! I then joined weight watchers!! Oh how i wish I had a fast metabolism and wasn't in peri-menopause (sorry @BruceP and Davidh, lol)!! Anybody else on weightwatchers?

I was just curious how this is going?

Are you doing the online version or going in person? I've never been on WW but am curious.

Lately, I've been eating so much. It's a combo of emotional eating and PMS right now (sorry, guys). I mean, chex mix with buttercream frosting on top...that's what i'm dealing with here!! :sos:

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I was just curious how this is going?

Are you doing the online version or going in person? I've never been on WW but am curious.

Lately, I've been eating so much. It's a combo of emotional eating and PMS right now (sorry, guys). I mean, chex mix with buttercream frosting on top...that's what i'm dealing with here!! :sos:

Not great really. WW is not the most effective diet for me but my daughter in law has lost 30 pounds in the last couple of months. In actuality, I just need to start exercising and cut back on the beer. Oh and Arnold and my bedtime ice cream sharing

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Not great really. WW is not the most effective diet for me but my daughter in law has lost 30 pounds in the last couple of months. In actuality, I just need to start exercising and cut back on the beer. Oh and Arnold and my bedtime ice cream sharing

cutting back on beer? oh, that would be challenging for me too.

well, i don't really need to wear a bathing suit this season anyways. They're kinda over-rated! :giggle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.