JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So tell me what you know about Seattle. :D Hubby just asked me this am if I wanted to move to Seattle. :nervous: Itā€™s for his job and would be a good promotion (a position heā€™s held before in his company in another region). Heā€™s been offered other areas, TX and FL and no offence to those that live there but I have no desire to live in either of those states, too hot and humid for me. :p I love the cooler weather so that and the rain is not an issue for me. It would be our final move I told him though because in the last 11 years I have moved from NM, to CO to CA and back to CO and that was all in a 3 year period. I've moved for his company once already and this time I told him they would have to pay for our move, I'm not packing and hauling our stuff again. I'd want to live outside Seattle probably.

It looks like the cost of living is a bit more than here in CO (and itā€™s high here).

What surrounding areas are decent for housing with a bit of space?

Are there any specific breed bans in any of the cities/towns?

Iā€™m just fishing around right now for knowledge entertaining the idea in my head. I so love Colorado though. :heart:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I know alot of other people will be able to give you much better advice on it, like Libra, I just want to say I do love it there myself! Only been once but it was so beautiful, I dug it! My stepbrother goes to school there and loves it too.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I grew up on the west side of Washington, about 30 miles outside of Seattle. I live on the East Side now (Spokane). However, I love that side of the state. I can't help you much with that area anymore but Libra926 and Vicaroo1000 are on that side as well as Vicki's friend, Cindy Monzinga (sp? newbie runs the rescue). So they will be able to help. I am unaware of any breed bans. However, I do still have family over there so you will be closer to share a beer with!!:beer:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I grew up on the west side of Washington, about 30 miles outside of Seattle. I live on the East Side now (Spokane). However, I love that side of the state. I can't help you much with that area anymore but Libra926 and Vicaroo1000 are on that side as well as Vicki's friend, Cindy Monzinga (sp? newbie runs the rescue). So they will be able to help. I am unaware of any breed bans. However, I do still have family over there so you will be closer to share a beer with!!:beer:
I actually lived in Seattle when I was a wee biddy kid. If we end up there a :beer: will be in order! Plus our babies are related having the same grammy and all. :up:

Ohhhh @Libra926 and @Vicaroo1000 :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oooh, that sounds like a big adventure, Jeannie! I love Seattle and Washington state in general. It's beautiful up there. I'm sure you'll be getting some very great feedback from others who know the area well.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheryl lives in Washingon! But. You belong in Caleeeefornea! Right Henny?? Does sound like an adventure tho!
I did the California relocation already (Corona) and I'll come visit, too many peeps and too much traffic. :p Now if I didn't have to work I'd consider it but no way in ____ will Mike do CA again.

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION], it's just an thought right now, and probably will not pan out. It's hard to move like that again. He's asked me on a few offers his had recently (FL & TX) and I just couldn't do that. But WA, it's doable. I have no idea what the timeline is since he called me while I was driving to work and asked. Apparently he got asked about a month ago too.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Seattle now has the light rail system which makes commuting to Seattle so much easier. I live in Orting, which is closer to Tacoma than Seattle. I've lived here all my life, so of course... I want out. Lisa is another person from this area. We do have everything here though. We're a few hours from the ocean, a few hours from the desert. We also have Canada a few hours away. We have tons of lakes and rivers, although it's usually too cold to swim. It's very rarely gets over 90 degrees. It hardly ever gets under 30 degrees. Some years we have a hot summer, but mostly it's just warm. Some years we hardly see any snow at all... and if it does snow, it's usually gone within a few days. Now as for areas to live... I'm not really sure about that.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Western Washington is okay if you like rain, rain, and more rain. I was born and raised in Mt. Vernon, WA., went to college is Central Washington and never moved back to the rainy side of the state. I worked summers and vacations in Seattle; one summer I didn't have sunshine on any of my days off. I can pretty much guarantee that your pups won't like the rain much either. You might research Sequim but it would be quite a commute to Seattle! Good luck! My advice is to stay in CO and wait for a better offer to come along.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Western Washington is okay if you like rain, rain, and more rain. I was born and raised in Mt. Vernon, WA., went to college is Central Washington and never moved back to the rainy side of the state. I worked summers and vacations in Seattle; one summer I didn't have sunshine on any of my days off. I can pretty much guarantee that your pups won't like the rain much either. You might research Sequim but it would be quite a commute to Seattle! Good luck! My advice is to stay in CO and wait for a better offer to come along.
A whole summer without sunshine, dang that's brutal. We more than likely will stay but I have to check the feelers out. Thanks Alice!!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Seattle now has the light rail system which makes commuting to Seattle so much easier. I live in Orting, which is closer to Tacoma than Seattle. I've lived here all my life, so of course... I want out. Lisa is another person from this area. We do have everything here though. We're a few hours from the ocean, a few hours from the desert. We also have Canada a few hours away. We have tons of lakes and rivers, although it's usually too cold to swim. It's very rarely gets over 90 degrees. It hardly ever gets under 30 degrees. Some years we have a hot summer, but mostly it's just warm. Some years we hardly see any snow at all... and if it does snow, it's usually gone within a few days. Now as for areas to live... I'm not really sure about that.
Isn't it funny how when you live in one place sometimes you want to live in another. Define cold for lakes, temp? Thanks too Cheryl. Personal experience it what I'm looking for too, likes and dislikes, pros and cons. Light rain is out of the question for the hubby. Shy of the Seattle store, he'd be flying to the Oregon and No. Calif. stores. Not sure if Oregon is out of the question to live in. I'll get more info this weekend.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
A whole summer without sunshine, dang that's brutal. We more than likely will stay but I have to check the feelers out. Thanks Alice!!!!

I think that might be stretching the truth a little bit. Okay...a whole lotta bit. We just don't get scorchers. There is a reason why people don't have pools in Seattle...
Now..saying a whole winter without sunshine would be right on!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.