getting old

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i know, i know i'm not old...but today i ordered my first pair of glasses. :cry: i actually have 20/20 vision...but she said i was slightly far-sighted and with the strain of being in front of tv's all day because i work in a tv station...my eyes are having trouble focusing as the day goes on...so i am officially my parents:cursing:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Old Geezer... LOL........ I got my first glass when I was about 55 if I remember correctly; and that is another whole different problem when aging.. :laugh:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
LOL They do say people who work on computers and such do end up with vision issues from staring at a screeen! Blame it on that! Not age! Its just a number!

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] I have about 24 years till then and I am already having memory issues! :eek: By then I wont even know my name anymore :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL.... same here, got my first pair about two years ago cause of the darn computer

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I feel your pain. All my life I had 20/20 and then age, computer, etc. happened. I can't can't read anything on paper nearly without reading glasses. Ok, I can but it's very hard. The only part I don't like of reading glasses is it's off on, off on, off on and I refuse to wear one of those granny chains. :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Lucky you went that long without needing them! I got my first pair of glasses when I was 8 years old, I am 25 now and I seriously would not be able to function without my glasses or contacts :( My parents blessed me with early gray hair and terrible eyes, thanks guys! :lol:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I had to get glasses after nursing school and it has gone down hill. Before I just needed them for long distances but I quit wearing them. But now I can't see :poo: at night, mostly the lines. The dang lines fade fn the winter fade from the chemicals. I drove home the other night and my husband said it was like driving with a 90 year old grandma!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I think I got my first pair of glasses in the 80's. They were just for reading and I never wore them, it was the 80's... who read!?!?! LOL

I went from needing them for reading to needing them for everything BUT reading. My son and his fiance got me lasik surgery for Christmas this year. Now I can see great far away but need glasses for reading again. :confused:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've been wearing glasses since I was ten years old. Tried contacts as an adult but could never get one contact to stay in place despite replacing it again and again. So I had to let vanity go because I just wanna see. Seems the older I get my vision deteriorates faster and now my memory is too! :cry: Guess I'll just have to get over my pity party...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Just last year I went from having a drawer full of fun, colorful reading glasses to TRIFOCALS. Ugh.

So see? It can allllllllways be worse.

I'll tell you what tho...the best investment I ever made was getting a pair that was just for the computer - so just the middle part only of the trifocal configuration. They have been a dream come true. :detective: I see without tilting my head all over the place....!

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
they just called...they have arrived...i am picking them up thursday....it will be interesting to see how they work sitting in front of the tv's in our control room with the lights low...

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Believe me, the eyes are the first thing to go! I got glasses in my mid 40s because I was having trouble reading street signs. That was in the 80s. Now I have bifocals so I can see up close and at a distance!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My vision is still good but I think I have dry eye from the computer. On another note I am noticing many grey hairs in the area around my face by my ears. If I were a man you could say it was my 'sideburns'...

A nice thing tho, I thought I was already 38 but just found out yesterday I am only 37 :whew: :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.