Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Me and my buddy @BrooklynStar are crazy for ghost hunting. We watch all the shows and - unlike me - John has actually BEEN ghost hunting!

It's time to share your ghosty stories! Have you seen a ghost? What happened? DEETS!

Here's my contribution - lame as it is: After my grandmother died, my grandpa was up visiting from Oregon. He was taking his typical afternoon snooze on the couch in our giant rec room. My mom was behind him, near the sliding glass doors, working on the ironing. All of a sudden, grandpa JUMPS up to a sitting position; clearly something was amiss for him to go from snoring to sitting up looking startled like that. My mother asked him, "What's wrong dad?" My grandpa says, "Don't you see your mother standing there?"

CHILLS! We didn't see her of course - sadly. I would have loved that. *sniff*

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

Sorry. The only ghosts I have ever seen are the ones who left the dishes/clothes/gatorade bottles all over the house because my kids swear it wasn't them!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I like watching the shows, but other than that... I got nothin'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Lucy-licious

I have never personally but my Granma did when she was stil with us..God bless her soul

The story goes that.....around 2 months after my Grandpa died my gran had gone to bed early feeling unwell and a bit dizzy. Shortly after midnight she was woken by something tapping at her window, she got up but no one was there. Thinking it was maybe just the wind or something she went back to bed. Around 2 am she was woken by somebody banging on the door and shouting out her name "Mary, Mary" She went downstairs to the door and out onto the street..no one was there or in sight. When she went back in the house to the kitchen she went to get a cigarette and calm down. as she took the cigarette from the packet she smelled gas. She had left on the burner on the stove, unlit. Obviously she opened windows and doors and turned off the gas.
    She believed it was my Grandpa waking her to make sure she didnt blow herself up or die from the fumes

I am a sceptic in these matters...ironically my Grandpa taught me that "If you cant see it, It isnt there!!" but something woke my Gran up and thankfully she lived to tell us all that Grandpa saved her life

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ok here are my stories:

I started my own ghost hunting club way back in high school...we spent most of our time investigating an abandoned T.B hospital in Staten Island called Sea View and always came up empty handed.

Fast forward a few years later and I decided to go to the Stanley Hotel in Colorado with a few friends to ski and snowboard. We stayed on the top most floor of the hotel and above us apparently is just a crawl space used for storage. A full sized adult would have to crouch up there and nearly every night around 2AM/3AM my friends and I would wake up to the sound of fast paced boot steps above us. I'm not afraid of this stuff but my one friend is totally terrified of it and one night he sobbed for a good hour wanting to go home lolol.

Sometime thereafter I went on a weekend trip to Gettysburg, PA. They offer ghost hunting tours at night and boy did we catch some crazy stuff. We were at Jenny Wade's house (only civilian causulty of the battle) and her room had a chain link fence going around it. After the tour moved on my gf and I hung back and started asking questions, taking pictures ect...and out of no where the chain link fence started rocking back and forth. There were no breezes in the house and neither myself or gf touched that fence. That pretty much woke us up after that!! At night you arent allowed to go into the battle field but they didnt say anything about sitting right outside the battlefield! So we went and after about and hour of sitting there and keeping our eyes peeled we saw what looked like some one walking with a lantern through the field followed by a loud bang. It wasnt lighting or thunder but sounded instead like cannon fire ( I had a hunch so I youtubed what a civil war cannon sounded like and it was pretty much the same).

We did a spooky tour in Washington D.C and we snapped a photo of a woman with a victorian dress on and what looked like an umbrella. She was transparent and off in the distance but when we showed everyone in the tour the vote was unanimous that it was a women with a victorian stlye dress on! I can get the picture but have to find it on my computer.

I am a big believer in energy and since we are made up of energy and it cannot be created or destroyed sometimes, during episodes of severe tramatic emotions, that energy gets rubbed off or imprinted onto something else ( in this case the battlefiled). Hard to suppress the feeling that 50,000~ men died over a 3 day period on a small battlefield.

That's it for now...hope you guys dont think im nuts! lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

never seen one

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo out there! Jordan and I loooove that kind of stuff. We watched Ghost Adventures religiously and really wanted to go on one of their public lockdowns but sadly, they were always sold out and then Jordan got sick and we couldn't go anywhere because of the chemo.
    Someday we want to rent the little axe murder house in Villisca Iowa with some friends and do our own little lockdown there. Fun eh? Anybody up for an EBN investigation team?!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Will have to wait to answer this til I am on the PC. Love ghost hunter shows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Ohhh I have a couple of good ones from my childhood, specifically the man that used to stand by my bed. . Will have to tell them later tonight or tomorrow.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

This is all I've got.

My cousin is really active in a ghost hunting group in Ohio. I haven't followed it a lot but have it on my Facebook.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I believe in ghosts and spirits and the supernatural in general.
    When I was around 12 yo I remember laying down on my bed with my door open, able to look at my little brother's doorway across the hall. He was just a baby at the time, and I saw this apparition, all in white "glide" into his room. I immediately thought it was my dad b/c he owned these white PJ's. When i got up to go to my bro's room, no one was there except my sleeping little brother. My theory has been that it was the spirit of my maternal grandma watching over my brother.

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

@MamaAndi Pick me Pick me \
    @BrooklynStar and @Vicaroo1000 I knew I liked you two for a reason. I love those shows and am a firm believer!!

When I was in the Navy I was stationed at Naval Hospital San Diego. My unit was a in the old surgery suite of the old hospital (basement). The unit was locked with top security clearance. One day myself and a civilian were the only ones on duty (skeleton crew for holidays). We heard foot steps (dress shoes on marble tile that echoed loudly) coming down one of the halls. Again, only entrance was locked and secure and the door was right next to room I was in. The door never opened or shut. I looked out the room I was in to see who it was and no one was there. I looked back in the room and my face must have been white because the civilian knew right away something very strange happened.

I'm a good girl, I promise

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads