OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Sometimes I swear I see my dog Kachina who died in Oct '11 sitting on my bed looking at me. Wish it was her.

What happens? Do you wake up and she's sitting there or ? I used to think Bea the puppy was seeing Mable the dog that died on Xmas. I think that was my own wishful thinking though now....*pout*

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] I'm in love with your ghostly knowledge! :luv:

ME TOO! heh heh

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Hey, back off, [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] is MINE, all MINE. Mmmmuuuhhhaaaaaaa...Ok, so I never thought I'd say that about a guy, but this is the only time.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Hey, back off, [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] is MINE, all MINE. Mmmmuuuhhhaaaaaaa...Ok, so I never thought I'd say that about a guy, but this is the only time.

...yes and I imagine his girlfriend will have something to say about that!

John knows I'm a big ol dyke so he's got nothing to fear from me. :smoochwink:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION]

LOL! You two are way too funny! I am so happy how much this thread has grown over the past year since you created it Vic. It's good to see that we are not the only believers out there, and def not the only people with great stories. Keep 'em coming everybody!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I was fortunate enough to stay at the Stanley about 2 years ago on Halloween - what a wonderful old hotel with a colorful history. We never heard anything except the windows shaking from the wind, but here is the one picture of an orb I got that was certainly not dust.
View attachment 19988

You stink I just spent 15 minutes finding that picture and you posted it already :bitching:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
That is a super cool photo! I swear, for the longest time I looked at it and saw nothing but two super cool costumes, then it hit me like a ton of bricks! DUH. (can I say I don't have my glasses on, in my defense? - even though the orb is pretty large and I'm not that blind)

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@Vicaroo1000 I am sorry to disappoint, however, I stand before you like the monopoly guy with his pants pockets pulled out, shrugging.
I told Jaime I live a block down the street from a cemetery if she ever wants to go ghost hunting......I'll keep ya'll posted on any new developing stories.

edited to complete remove the boxer named "bubby" story because I told it previously.

I just love going to cemeteries...never went looking for ghosts there, but just like reading the headstones and fantasizing about the lives of those who have passed. I used to live right next door to a cemetary. If you looked over my backyard fence, there were all the gravestones. Laura Scudder, potato chip fame, was buried there, as was General George Patton. It was pretty neat.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OK .. so let's see what ghostly stories I can drum up from my past shall we.

Well back in England, in Yorkshire which is in the North East, my Mum and Step-Dad ran a pub in a small town. In our area of Yorkshire there are a lot of British military sites .. the Royal Air Force and the Army mainly and it's been like that for many many many years.

So my little job in the Pub to get some extra pocket money was to go down in the mornings and re-stock all the shelves for the bottles that had been used throughout the previous day. We had a cleaner during the week, but at weekends she wanted the time off so I said I'd do the cleaning. Teenagers will do anything for money!! I generally was completely on my own down there and I could just potter around the entire pub on my own. I was a teenager at that time and was in to all the tarot card reading and fortune telling!! In fact I was teaching myself the tarot cards and maybe that heightened some of my senses.

I never saw anything clearly with my eyes but I felt them. There were three that I was aware of most. One was a man in his 40s who was wearing victorian clothing and had on glasses. The second was actually upstairs above the pub and he used to just drift around, often into the bedroom I shared with my sister - he had no paticular purpose being there he was just there sometimes. The third was a young girl and she followed me around when I was cleaning.

The regular cleaning lady got to experience the victorian gentleman herself, because she was cleaning the pub one day and there were a pair of glasses left on one of the pub tables - the little round types - and she went to move them so she could put them behind the bar. As her hand went out they disappeared.

Bar staff in pubs come and go and some become regular staff. We had a lot of regulars but we also had the spouses of some of the military come in and work for us. One time a girl from Germany who had married a British soldier started to work behind the bar and as always my parents got very friendly with all their staff. It was like a family. It had already come up that this german girl (I forget her name .. aren't I awful!!) .... had some psychic abilities. Her husband used to tell stories of them driving around and she'd tell him to suddenly stop the car because the ghost of an animal was crossing the road. But I digress, so it was the Christmas party and we got to talking and so I just outright asked her ... is there a girl here. She just looked round and said yes she's over there. That's the girl who seemed to like following me around. That was bascially it .. I just wanted clarification that what I "felt" was correct.

A few years later we did a total renovation of the pub and they took up all the old carpets. Underneath the floor was tiled and the pattern was a beautiful mosaic of an airplane. Apparently the pub had been used by the Royal Air Force for many many years and I think maybe that was the person who liked to walk around upstairs sometimes.

The pub was on three levels .. pub downstairs, our living area on the next floor and on the top floor there were 5 bedrooms that we used as a Bed & Breakfast. They were pretty interesting at times too. :whistle:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's a very cool story, Karen. I love the pub pics too. How old is this pub and is it still being used as a B and B or just a pub? would love to visit there one of these days. Are you still delving into fortune telling/tarot card reading?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Super cool story, Kazz! The pictures are really cool, too. I love to look at old pubs, there's so much rich history there in the UK.
I love Eddie Izzards joke about American history vs UK history..In America we say "And we restored it to the way it looked over 50 years ago" - LMAO

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's a very cool story, Karen. I love the pub pics too. How old is this pub and is it still being used as a B and B or just a pub? would love to visit there one of these days. Are you still delving into fortune telling/tarot card reading?

Driffield itself seems to date around the 11th century but the Buck is not THAT old so I'm thinking it must have been built sometime in the late 1800s. I've no idea if it's still used as a Bed & Breakfast. It had all the rooms upstairs so it would seem silly not to, and on our living area level there was a massive dining room that you could serve meals in. But who knows!!

- - - Updated - - -

Super cool story, Kazz! The pictures are really cool, too. I love to look at old pubs, there's so much rich history there in the UK.
I love Eddie Izzards joke about American history vs UK history..In America we say "And we restored it to the way it looked over 50 years ago" - LMAO

I :heart: Eddie Izzard!!!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Awesome story [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]. How in the world you kept from bugging the crap out of that nice German girl about her abilities, I'll never know! She would have quit from being pelleted with questions night and day from me. I so admire those folks with those kind of abilities. And you? You knew about the girl too. Clearly you have some abilities as well. Your life story sounds like something right out of a book! I am fascinated with that stuff and the histories behind those places. There's a channel on YouTube that I watch religiously that often features English Pubs and their nighttime patrons from the OTHER WORLD...! *cue scary music* American History cannot hold a candle to what they've got going on back there. Yes, Great point [MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION]

I used to love that English show -- with Derek the psychic? What was that called? Oh yeah: MOST HAUNTED. What ever happened to that lot, I wonder? I believe I read something about Derek being exposed as a big phony and I didn't want to believe it. I've seen a couple of the cast on other shows but what ever happened to Yvonne, I wonder? *rhetorical* If anyone has any insight DO advise!
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]; I suppose you get used to living next to a cemetery over time, but with my poor eyesight and penchant for ghosties, I'd have had a hard time NOT watching for something to happen...

Oh and Wait a sec. I LOVE EDDIE IZZARD TOO you guys! *swoon*
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - John, you really must favor us with a recent experience. I think you're the only guy here that actually has some professional equipment in this regard....!

EDITED to add: I was deperate and decided to watch anther lameo episode of John Zaffis and crew and who do you suppose showed up on the episode? My favorite psychic CHIP COFFEE! (From Ryan Buell's show) If you ever want a giggle, you check out his website. Those scarves he's always wearing? He sells them. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.