OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Have you or anyone watched the show "Stranded" on the Syfy channel? Saw one episode so far and it's okay. A group of people stay in a house, penitentiary, hospital, etc...that is thought to be haunted. I can't seem to get enough of these "ghost" shows!

I watch so little TV (just the DVR) that I haven't seen the trailers for this one. I'm DVR-ing it and will check it out. Like you, I love me some ghosties!!!!

Hopefully, it's not just a lotta shaky cam and people saying "Did you hear that?" or "What was THAT?" over and over. :tongue: Or worse, "We gotta get outta here!" because we all go ghost hunting so we can NOT SEE anything....roflmao

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hopefully, it's not just a lotta shaky cam and people saying "Did you hear that?" or "What was THAT?" over and over. :tongue: Or worse, "We gotta get outta here!" because we all go ghost hunting so we can NOT SEE anything....roflmao

Unfortunately, that IS exactly what this show is like! :( Tried watching a bit of it yesterday but then got soooo bored and annoyed w/the whiners. Back to searching for a "high quality ghostie" show!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Unfortunately, that IS exactly what this show is like! :( Tried watching a bit of it yesterday but then got soooo bored and annoyed w/the whiners. Back to searching for a "high quality ghostie" show!

Crappity Crap Crap. I was sooooo hoping for more. *disappointed*

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey [MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] - we were hoping for some great "my college adviser told me" stories here. Comon'! Don't hold back! As you can see, we're all desperate for some real life goosebumps!
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] - there's a website somewhere that I used to check out periodically that detailed "everything phony" about these shows we love. I can't remember the name of it now. The website owner is surely the universes biggest cynic and he gather's details from around the globe on discrepancies seen on "reality" shows like Ghost Hunters (they're particularly ruthless with Jay and Grant) and others. It made me sad to read it so I stopped. Call me a Peter Pan, but I want to believe!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow this thread still going cool. :) i catch ghost shows here and there. my bf however would rather watch them search for bigfoot.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I think we all want to believe there is more after our physical time here. Years ago I learned about the Egyptian concept of Ba. The Egyptians believed that if you were thinking about a departed loved one, that the person's spirit was visiting you. That is very comforting to me. I grew up in Detroit and my father's family was from Ontario. I can't tell you how many times I have visited friends in Detroit and felt my dad in the passenger seat of my car--to the point where I talked to him. The day my husband and I traveled to Ontario to visit the cemetery where my grandparents are buried was amazing. I know my grandparents nudged me in the direction of my other relatives' graves. It was a very emotional experience. I can't wait to go back and explore more!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I am sorry to disappoint, however, I stand before you like the monopoly guy with his pants pockets pulled out, shrugging.
I told Jaime I live a block down the street from a cemetery if she ever wants to go ghost hunting......I'll keep ya'll posted on any new developing stories.

edited to complete remove the boxer named "bubby" story because I told it previously.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@bluesteelapd - I can't remember the name of that thing. @BrooklynStar? John will know.

I don't think they use that thing as much because the uninitiated think its phoney baloney. The part about the use of that thing -- its scans "white noise" radio waves, right? -- is the user (Zac) trying to make what's being said FIT to the place where they're ghost hunting. Example:

Ghost tool - "BLUE"
Zac - "BLUE! IT SAID BLUE!" (he continues) "Is that you, Mrs. Dearmore, telling us about your blue wedding dress and how it made you sad that you were not buried in it like you'd written in your will?"

Crap like that pisses me off.

@bluesteelapd The name of the device is the Ovilus II, its a PS device which uses a phonetic database of words which spirits are said to manipulate in order to use those words in real time.

@Vicaroo1000 I can sympathize with you regarding stupid stuff like where he will hear the word blue and will associate it with a blue dress from one of the interviews. However, some of those words, I believe, DO actually relate to the stories associated with the location/house.

One that comes to mind is the Villisca Axe Murder House where 8 people were brutally killed, including 6 children. During one spirit box session, Nick gets a reponse which said something along the lines of "Herman did it", and Zak immediatley responded with, "Herman, was that you who just touched Nick", or something along those lines. I think it's good to ask follow up questions like that, since they tend to encourage a response or more activity.

Also, another thing to point out is that this is a TV show, which means its backed by Exec. Producers and the Board who want to see a return on their investment, I.E ratings. I'm sure Zak is told to say those things during his narration because it "sucks the viewer in", and provides what TV is supposed to; entertainment.

In any event, the current selection of paranormal ghost shows is nill. Like I said, until Haunted Highway comes back, Ghost Adventures will continue to get my Neilsen ratings :D

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Sometimes I swear I see my dog Kachina who died in Oct '11 sitting on my bed looking at me. Wish it was her.

My mother swears her little cairn terrier who died many years ago sleeps on her bed at night. Y'all will think I'm nuts, but after my beloved Trixie died and I was inconsolable, I asked her many, many times to send us a little dog who needed us as much as we needed her. Boy! Did she deliver!!! I feel like she's still here taking care of us. We still miss her so much!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
wow this thread still going cool. :) i catch ghost shows here and there. my bf however would rather watch them search for bigfoot.
I watch those too! hahahahahahaha!!! That Finding Bigfoot show is truly ridicules - yet, I watch it (and ridicule it) every time I am able. "There's Squatches Out Here", he says. LOL

My mother swears her little cairn terrier who died many years ago sleeps on her bed at night. Y'all will think I'm nuts, but after my beloved Trixie died and I was inconsolable, I asked her many, many times to send us a little dog who needed us as much as we needed her. Boy! Did she deliver!!! I feel like she's still here taking care of us. We still miss her so much!

When my daughter's first little cat, Tommy Boy died (feline leukemia) I used to hear his tags hitting the food bowls in the kitchen -- long after the food bowls were gone.

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - You are right. You always are. I forget what a money machine those GA boys are. ChaCHING. I'll be interested to see when the tell all book comes out years from now from our boy, Zac. I have to admit, they're getting my Nillson ratings too. The new Ghost Hunter crew is beyond horrible. I miss Grant. I also miss the fun relationship between Steve and what's his name. *Making a note to rewatch the Villisca Murder House episode*

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.