Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] I totally agree with "My Ghost story" and there's another one...(thinking)....Paranormal Witness and the one where the psychic lady does readings for famous people...I can't come up with the name. She did a walk through with Gina Gershon (swoon, swoon) and some other celebrities but this lady is the real deal. I know ya'll have mentioned Dead Files - that's my all time favorite, along with Theresa aka Long Island Medium.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I agree about dogs, Alix. Just last night, Mabel was fixated on something that I couldn't see. I couldn't distract her. We were a bit spooked.

I know! Petunia does that sometimes too...and the fact that there are orbs around her in pics half the time always has me wondering!
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - you know, it never did occur to me to ask her...haven't seen her in ages though so maybe she is in a better place now.

Sadly, I don't know of any shows worth watching...I still need to watch Long Island Medium. I like her!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@Valentine215 - Have you thought of asking the 14 - 15 year old girl what she wants? I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS! LOLOLOLOLOL

Great stories everyone!

Maybe my ol' pal @BrooklynStar will return and favor us with a recent experience on his ghost hunting. John?!

The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?

I'm still here - I just end up lurking more than I should :p

Well, well, well...you used to hate Zak and the boys and now you like them the most? Hehe, good to hear you are still into the paranmoral, and I agee, a lot of shows are just crap these days. Haunted Collector is a letdown and Ghost Lab too - although both have 'neat' concepts. I am eagerly awaiting 'Haunted Highway' to return - whenever that happens.

I have gone ghost hunting recently. My friend and I once again went to Greenwood Cemtery in Brooklyn, NY. We parked outside and I asked questions into the SB-7 Spirit Box, after about 20 minutes we only recieved one response:

Me: How did you die?
Female Spirit: In a fire

Pretty creepy to say the least.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - SO AWESOME TO SEE YOU!!!

I know. I know. The quality of the Ghost Adventures crew's history lessons (on the site being visited) and paranormal "evidence" is by far superior to anything else on now. In desperation, I ended up watching a couple Haunted Collectors the other day on on-demand, and I stopped watching midway thru the second episode. I scolded myself for being so hopeful and vowed never again to watch those idiots. You'd think that since John Zaffis has been "helping people with the paranormal for 40 years", he'd have some genuinely interesting stories to tell --- even if they were retold stuff from these amazing 40 flippin' years he's been doing this. Ugh. The daughter and the son annoy me the most. Talentless, uninteresting dolts. The "pretty face" of the show asks THE MOST STUPID QUESTIONS when she's doing EVP sessions. That's what sent me over the edge the other day when I tried to watch. I think I actually yelled at the TV.

Another one I will frequently watch (again, desperate measures) are "Ghost Stories - Caught on Camera". I'm always amazed when, each and every episode, these "ghost hunters" actually profess to SEE/HEAR an entity and say, "I had to get out of there!" I want to shake them. Hold them by the shoulders and scream into their big-eyed faces, "ARE YOU GHOST HUNTING SO YOU CAN NOT SEE THEM?" WTF?!!!!!?

OK. THAT was a rant. lol

Dozer looks awesome by the way, John.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I've gotten to know my college student advisor since I started this journey the fall of 2011. Why am I just finding out yesterday that her and her boyfriend have a spirit box and a K2 meter? I mean, hello! I can't wait to hear her stories and when I do I will transport them here.
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] you make me laugh so much. As many ghost stories as I've seen I never thought about how silly it is when the story tellers eyes get huge and they talk about getting the heck outta dodge ... and that's the ghost "hunters". I enjoy reading your posts.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I was watching a new show about ghost hunters in the southern United States. I think it's funny when ghost hunters say "is it you?" Maybe it's just me, but if I were a ghost I'd have to say "no" just to freak them out.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] due to the fact that I'm probably distant kin to those guys, I was too embarrassed to mention this new show. I thought the show was stupid, after only watching a few minutes of it.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I've gotten to know my college student advisor since I started this journey the fall of 2011. Why am I just finding out yesterday that her and her boyfriend have a spirit box and a K2 meter? I mean, hello! I can't wait to hear her stories and when I do I will transport them here.
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] you make me laugh so much. As many ghost stories as I've seen I never thought about how silly it is when the story tellers eyes get huge and they talk about getting the heck outta dodge ... and that's the ghost "hunters". I enjoy reading your posts.

PAH-LEEEZE don't forget to indulge your favorite EB Friends here with these tales!

If I were "single and looking" (I'm single and could give a rat's...for the record) I am certain I would add "must have Spirit Box and K2 meter" to my online E-Harmony profile. (Wait. Not eHarmony. Did you know they don't allow same sex advertisements? Screw them.)

This observation is not original with me, but why do the majority the folks in these amateur paranormal groups seem to be extremely overweight? WTF is going on with these folks? Watch an episode of "My Ghost Story - Caught On Camera" and tell me that's not true.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I was watching a new show about ghost hunters in the southern United States. I think it's funny when ghost hunters say "is it you?" Maybe it's just me, but if I were a ghost I'd have to say "no" just to freak them out.

I saw that one too. "Deep South Paranormal". Against my better judgement, I tuned in to what was clearly an exercise in futility for me. I didn't make it thru the whole show. It seems to be an attempt at combining the high-culture of "Honey Boo Boo" with the down home familiarity of those Duck Caller guys. I hated it immediately.

Maybe I'm a Ghost Show Snob?

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] There you go again, making me chuckle with your new requirements on who you'll date, if that day ever comes.
I did not know that about eharmony! I met my partner, however, through Yahoo personals. My ex insisted I place an ad there and what caught L's attention was that I'm an Ab Fab junkie. Anyway, I digress.

I actually got a $10 parking ticket at school for parking for an hour in the 20 min spot because my advisor and I were talking so much. The only story she got to tell me was this:

(She has a boxer and 2 BT's) the boxer has gone in the basement before, but never without them being there already or going down there with them. Jaime, my advisor, and her boyfriend were downstairs with the spirit box and K2 meter and weren't picking up anything. Then all of a sudden they hear "bubby" through the box. They take a break, head upstairs, get something to eat and before heading back down they look at each other and ask where's bubby? They go downstairs and he is in the room in the basement where they heard his name!

I promise I'll share more stories when I get them.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] You're on a roll today! LMFAO about the "high culture of Honey Boo-Boo" - a show also filmed in my home state...:cursing:
Now I do love Duck Dynasty or DD as its known in fan circles....but that Deep South Paranormal show was a joke. Perhaps we are becoming ghost show snobs....although I did the opposite of you, I enjoyed Ghost Adventures and then got turned off by it and now don't watch it at all. Now if Zack et al would bring back that machine (not the spirit box) that speaks one word comments...can't remember the name of it... I'd watch non-stop. Not many ghost hunters seem to use that, or is it that I only watch one or two specific shows?

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=563]bluesteelapd[/MENTION] - I can't remember the name of that thing. [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]? John will know.

I don't think they use that thing as much because the uninitiated think its phoney baloney. The part about the use of that thing -- its scans "white noise" radio waves, right? -- is the user (Zac) trying to make what's being said FIT to the place where they're ghost hunting. Example:

Ghost tool - "BLUE"
Zac - "BLUE! IT SAID BLUE!" (he continues) "Is that you, Mrs. Dearmore, telling us about your blue wedding dress and how it made you sad that you were not buried in it like you'd written in your will?"

Crap like that pisses me off.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
@bluesteelapd - I can't remember the name of that thing. @BrooklynStar? John will know.

I don't think they use that thing as much because the uninitiated think its phoney baloney. The part about the use of that thing -- its scans "white noise" radio waves, right? -- is the user (Zac) trying to make what's being said FIT to the place where they're ghost hunting. Example:

Ghost tool - "BLUE"
Zac - "BLUE! IT SAID BLUE!" (he continues) "Is that you, Mrs. Dearmore, telling us about your blue wedding dress and how it made you sad that you were not buried in it like you'd written in your will?"

Crap like that pisses me off.
And that is why I don't like Ghost Adventures!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Too funny about that Paranormal Deep South show b/c I have it on right now and was going to ask you guys your opinions. Well, now that I have your thoughts...i'm turning it off b/c this show is borrrrring me!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?

Have you or anyone watched the show "Stranded" on the Syfy channel? Saw one episode so far and it's okay. A group of people stay in a house, penitentiary, hospital, etc...that is thought to be haunted. I can't seem to get enough of these "ghost" shows!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online