Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I know thats y i havnt been also because of people just out to make money. My friend once went to somebody and swore by her being amazing but i dont know.. I can go into as much details as u want me too i just didnt want to bore you all with my sob story lol xx

Last edited:
OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] - I've heard many stories similar to yours, where, incredibly, the dead person comes back to someone you wouldn't expect. Because I am obsessed by the paranormal and "coming back" stories (where the person has a choice to live or die and lives) I've heard a gazillion of them. Many of them are so profound that they HAVE to be true! The Long Island Medium? I think she's the real deal. My friend Barbara and I have a yearly habit of doing something "supernatural" every time she comes up to visit; tarot card readers, spiritualists, etc. The year my brother and dad died, we went to a gal who was supposed to be someone who speaks to the dead; a physical medium, I guess it is. Neither of my people "came through" for me. Barbara's dad DID come through and the gal mentioned TOO MANY "coincidences" (NOT) that supported that it was indeed her father. One thing she said was, "He says he's riding in on his little red scooter". The medium could not have known about the old family story, often told, about how her father met and courted his wife (Barbara's mom) when she worked at a movie theater. He used to come by and pick her up after work "on his little red scooter". She connected with some other things too - but that was the most profound by far.

My dad (not my real father, the Sperm Donor, long story) and my younger brother died (Lou Gehrigs disease) the same year, just a few months apart. [MENTION=6330]MeekosMummy[/MENTION], I have this heavy old black phone from the 1930's that my brother gave me a long time ago. Not very often, but every so often, I pick it up and listen to it - like he might "call me" from the great beyond. It's silly. It makes no good sense. But I do it anyway. My dad smoked cigars and every time I smell one, I WISH it were him coming back to talk to me. If wishes made these encounters happen, I'd have experienced a multitude of them. :*(

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Wow i didnt mean to write that much! Thats not even a quater of it.. Thats the long story shortened to basics. I didnt mean to dampen the thread and make it all sad it all just blurted out.. So so Sorry guys xx

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Tasha, I am sure that wherever your dad is, he harbors no hard feelings toward you. He probably walked away because he was ashamed for having let you down when you tried so hard to help him. We have a couple of psych nurses here who can explain it better than I can, but as much as he obviously loved you, alcohol is a powerful master. People with addiction disorders can easily exhaust their families and their support systems. You did what you had to do to survive being the child of an alcoholic. God bless you as you try to find the peace you deserve and he would want for you. Who knows? Maybe you will someday get a sign from him. :hug:

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My son reminded me of another one that happened to him. . .

Unfortunately, two of my son's best friends committed suicide 10 years apart. It was horrible. The first boy was 15, and a constant fixture in our house. The second young man was the guitarist in my son's band--they went to a university together and were roommates. The second one was made more horrible because he killed himself the same way as the first friend--and my son was the one who found him. I was so proud of the way he handled the mess--even cleaning Ryan's room so his parents would think he was neater than he was. My son couldn't live in the house again so he moved in with my daughter, who lived a couple blocks away in the college town.

They started having the television turn on at full volume in the middle of the night. Annie would go out into the living room, turn it off and jokingly say,"Ryan, we don't mind if you watch TV at night, but keep the volume down 'cause we have to get up in the morning." Her fiancé thought they were making it up until the TV turned on late one night while he was on the computer right next to it.

a couple years later, my son moved into an incredible penthouse apartment in the top of an old department store. He had a roommate who called to tell him to hurry up and move in because he thought there were ghosts in the building. My daughter laughed and asked my son if his new roommate knew that he came with his own "baggage!" The first night he was in the apartment, the cable guy came out to install the cable and had a problem setting up in my son's part of the apartment. My son had one of the old big screen TVs, but was using an old smaller TV on top of his dresser. It was plugged in and the cable was connected, but not working. When Billy went to sleep that night everything was as he left it.

When he woke up, the small TV was sitting in the middle of his room on the floor--unplugged and unconnected from the cable. He said it was Ryan's way of saying it was time to get the big screen hooked up to the cable!

My daughter still is visited by Ryan occasionally--in a strange way. He leaves guitar picks for her to find. She doesn't play guitar and now that she and her brother live in different cities, he doesn't ride in her car. She usually finds them in the cup holder of her car. I found one in the base of my grandson's infant seat when we brought him home from the hospital. All I know is if I am staying with her and sleeping in the living room and the TV comes on, I am moving to a hotel!

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] - awesome story.

Guitar picks! Incredible.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Wow, Wow, Wow.
I'm shaking my head because I just don't know what else to say. How I missed this thread, with it's 12 pages of posts, is beyond me, but a huge Thanks to whomever brought it "back to life".
I, too, am fascinated with the after life. Just read an amazing book that I have to share the title of and encourage, with all my might, anyone who reads this post to read this book! "Proof of heaven - A neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife" by Eben Alexander, MD

Now to the ghost stories:

My Mom and I have a sense that comes about us when someone we are close to is going through something bad. It usually revolves around my Dad. I am not close to my father, he's an alcoholic that was in and out of my life as a child, but anyway, I digress.

When I was a kid, growing up with my Mom in her childhood home, I used to feel eyes on me when I'd go from my room to the bathroom or from my room to the kitchen at night. Part of our basement was a living area with a door that went to the backyard. When I was really little my Mom lived down there, she had her room and I had mine. My room had this odd cement closet area, for lack of a better term, that had a short cement border on the inside. I used get a really bad feeling when I'd go near that closet. There was no door there, only a sheer curtain to cover the opening. I can see it in my mind like I was sitting there now. I was never allowed to have friends over to the house, because my much older cousin lived there and my Mom didn't want him dealing with squeeling little girls running around the house making noises all day. I was able to talk my Mom into allowing some girl friends of mine to come over and we were sitting in my room, facing the cement brick wall. We went screaming upstairs and we all told any of the adults that would listen we saw a giant monster come through the wall! They believe me now, but as a kid they thought I was nuts. My older cousins father "Granddaddy Barfield" (his last name was obviously Barfield) died in that house. When my Mom moved upstairs to the 1st floor she took the back room that had two huge windows that overlooked the back yard. She always said when she moved her bed under those two windows she'd feel a presence hovering over her, but only when the bed was under those windows. She said she thought it was Granddaddy Barfield.

My Aunt, my Mom's sister, says when she was a teenager her and her boyfriend went to an old cemetery and they were chased outta there by a ghostly woman in white that floated above the ground and had a mean look on her face.

Atlanta has a lot of ghostly history! Those are the only stories that come to mind right now.

Oh yeah, one more.
My dear friend Maryanne committed suicide many years ago. I was so distraught over her passing and was driving around in my pick up truck thinking of her. I said ok MA (her nick name, not MA like Mom, but just the initials M A) if you are with me, put a Terri Clark song on the radio. This was well before anyone had really heard of Terri Clark and I hadn't heard one of her songs on the radio previously, so I figured this would be a true blue sign. Sure enough, I hit my Scan button on the radio and about 4 stations later was a Terri Clark song. I just about crapped my pants!

I've throughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts! I hope their will be more to come......along with pictures.

Dang it, just thought of another one. Did ya'll see the episode of Ghost Hunters were they went to the Titanic Exhibit at the GA Aquarium and found some evidence that the exhibit was haunted? Well....before that episode, my partner and I went down there (to show her where I grew up) and we went to the GA Aquarium. The Titanic exhibit was not on display when we took some pictures. Let me find them and you can see some orbs, but they are only around her....

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Here you go...you decide (and if you see me at the Bully meet up, please do not mention I posted these pictures or she'll kill me, LOL)

169-3.jpg

165-3.jpg

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Wow! Fascinating stories! When I take pics of the Diva, there always seem to be orbs around her...dunno who is watching out for her but I hope they keep her safe!

Ok here are some of my stories:

My best friend died in 2002 suddenly of complication of MS. I knew she wanted to be cremated and we talked about religion all the time, she was agnostic and I am Catholic. She told me if she died first she would find a way to come back to let me know if there was, indeed an afterlife. We laughed about it but then she really did die first and I was so heartbroken! So, the day I found out she died, I was turning off all the lights in my house to go to bed and I was thinking of her...and as I went to switch off the kitchen light, I saw her in my peripheral vision standing next to me...and she leaned in and kissed me on the cheek! I turned towards her but saw nothing...but I know it was her!

Another story: I lived in a house that was 55 years old and before I sold it, the lights would come on for no reason in the office and on the back porch. Now it seems I could never remember if I had turned off the lights on the back porch but I would always swear that I did. But sure enough, I would be turning out the lights to go to sleep and the light would be on and I would have to get out of bed to turn it off. ANother light that would turn of and on by itself was the light in the office. I would be in bed, watching tv and then all of the sudden I would see the light in the office turn on! It would do it often and then it would stop for a period and start up again. I finally got tired of getting up and turning it off and would yell: "Hey, turn off the light!" and the light would immediately turn off. I have no idea what that was all about.

I am a ghost story/movie/tv show junkie and was told as a child that I had the 'gift'. It is a blessing and a curse...you know stuff about people that sometimes you don't wanna know. Sometimes they are strangers, sometimes its your family. All of the sudden the knowledge of something/someone is just THERE. I just accept it now.

I have a lot more stories...some are sweet and funny and some are downright scary!

I don't think we are weird to have experiences like this...I think they occur more often than not. Some people are just more aware.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I ahvent seen a ghost but I often feel a presence around me, hopefully it is my Mum as it has only been since she died and the day of her funeral we started smelling as if someone was smoking in our house and neither of us smoke and my mum was a heavy smoker but had given them up reluctenly by doctors orders 10 years before but she said she really enjoyed her smoking and wasn't too happy about giving up anyone every now and again we get the smoke smell and Richard says he will be driving along and it is as if someone is in the passenger seat smoking I also on occasions have smelt the dreadful smell from the hostpital the night my mum passed and I have had a few other things happen in the house and our house is not an old house and noone has died in it.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
All good stories here! Ok here are some more:

When I was 9 my grandmother came over to stay the night. She always slept with me when she stayed over. This particular time, my grandmother had come for the weekend and all my dad's sibling were over because she had told them she had Pancreatic Cancer and they were discussing the possible scenarios and outcomes and preparing themselves for the worst. So, its late by this time and Grandma and I had gone to bed and the rest were in the den when one of my uncles decides to go to the bathroom. So just as he is exiting my father sees a bright flash and all of the sudden there is a man standing in the hallway in front of the bathroom door, which my uncle is stepping out of. So my dad and uncle see this man, whom they realize is my grandfather who had passed 15 years previous. My grandfather looks straight at my Uncle and then turns towards my bedroom. About this time, I am suddenly wide awake and I see that my bedroom door is open (it had been previously closed) and there is this man looking in---kind of like checking in on us. I didn't recognize him at first--my grandfather passed away before I was born so I never knew him except through pictures---and then suddenly I recognized him and he smiled at me! Next thing is my uncle and dad are barging the door and the man disappeared and they were asking me and my grandmother (who had been asleep) if we were okay. Daddy and Uncle Cosme were freaked out by that. They claimed that their Dad was coming to take their mother. Weird but true story.

Although I am interested in all the ghost hunter stories and shows, I don't know if I would ever get involved in an investigation. Sometimes ghosts don't attach themselves to places, they attach to people and it can be hard to get rid of them.

I seem to have attracted the ghost of a girl, about 14-15. I have no idea who she is, but she always walks around the perimeter of wherever I am living...she walks the fence line or whatever. Again, I have no idea who she is or why she follows me, but I only ever see her at a distance.

In my former house, I was standing talking to my now ex-husband when my bulldog Samson, started barking at the wall....all the hair on his back was standing up and he ran over to the wall and jumped on it...it was like he wanted to climb the wall! I looked up where the wall met the ceiling and there was this mist or something...it was the weirdest thing! Samson was might ticked at it...I looked at my ex and said: do you see that? he said no. The mist dissipated and Samson calmed down. I know Samson could see things because he would start growling and barking at walls or empty space sometimes and those spots were always REALLY cold. Dogs (animals in general) are really tuned into that sorta stuff.

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I agree about dogs, Alix. Just last night, Mabel was fixated on something that I couldn't see. I couldn't distract her. We were a bit spooked.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6915]Valentine215[/MENTION] - Have you thought of asking the 14 - 15 year old girl what she wants? I'M DYING TO KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS! LOLOLOLOLOL

Great stories everyone!

Maybe my ol' pal [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] will return and favor us with a recent experience on his ghost hunting. John?!

The onslaught of ever newer "Ghostie Shows" (I call them) prove to me that I'm not the only one obsessed with the paranormal. That "Haunted Collector" show is pretty lame. I wish it weren't...the idea itself is great but the execution blows. Ghost Adventures used to be my least favorite -- now it's my #1. That and Long Island Medium. Did anyone watch "Ghost Mine"? Are there any of the new shows worth watching?

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I really enjoy most of the shows, but especially like My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera. Although I have to say some of their evidence is weak at times.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online