cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION], sorry if i missed it, but did you say that you did get a medium or clairvoyant in your house to check it out? Sounds like there is indeed a spirit still stuck in there. How old is your house?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
So.... Something kinda interesting happened tonight I guess. I had my iPad on the arm of my couch where I sit. Hubby sits in the other couch like kitty corner to me. I got up to get the baby's cup of milk or something. I come back to sit down and he tells me not to yet. I am thinking he needs me to get him something. No. He proceeds to tell me how he is sitting there and the iPad totally turned. He saw it. Now it is plugged in so he thinks something maybe fell to cause this but the cord was not pulled tight and had much wiggle room so that couldn't have caused it and nothing had fallen. The case on it is a grip tpe of rubber that doesn't just SLIDE on a fabric couch either, takes some effort. All 3 pups were over on the other side of the living room together so couldn't be them. Trippy huh?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
How could I have missed a haunted thread?
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]'s house is mighty freaky!

And here's my contribution.

When my dad was going to college, he lived in a two story duplex with his 3 brothers and a sister who were also in college. The oldest brother owned the house and lived on the top floor. All the others shared the downstairs unit. Now, this was in the Philippines in the 60's. My dad and his siblings hired a maid from the province who is quite naive - she did not finish 3rd grade even. One day, the maid told my uncle that this guy named Benjamin asked her to marry him and she plans to say yes. Well, my dad and uncles were quite surprised because they didn't even know she was seeing someone and so they asked to meet the guy. Well, she said sure... Benjamin lives on the 3rd floor! Uhm, it's a 2-story duplex... Anyway, she insisted there's a 3rd floor and she kept pointing to it and so my dad and uncles thought she was loco-en-la-cabeza. My uncle was in med school, so he tried to get her to see this doctor but she refused... So, my uncles told her to go home to the province.

Well, that's when the bad stuff started happening... Benjamin would not allow the maid to leave the house! The house is walled with 6-foot high walls and an iron gate. If somebody tries to open the gate with the maid, the gate will not open! But, it opens just fine without the maid...

So anyway, my dad, uncles, and aunt are skeptics - I mean, it was to be expected from 2 engineering students, 2 med students, and a law student... So they suspected it was some trick the maid is pulling. They were having dinner and were arguing with the maid about it and the maid was crying when all of a sudden a big rock from out of nowhere landed on the soup bowl in the middle of the table and split it in half! So they all stood up, startled, and their chairs floated up and got stuck like with magnets on the wall! The maid said Benjamin is so angry she's getting scared. So, of course, my dad and his siblings ran to the front door to try to get out but all their shoes were stuffed with hay and mud...

The next day, my uncle called in an exorcist from the church and they were doing the rites when the maid said Benjamin is kneeling right next to the priest responding to the prayers so the priest sprinkled holy water on the maid and the rosary that she was wearing like a necklace floated up and got hung up on a peg on the wall. The exorcism was of no use and the priest said this is not an evil spirit...

Anyway, the maid is now so terrorized and scared and my uncle who owned the house was getting fed up with the things that were happening so he got a giant can of kerosene and told Benjamin that if this does not stop he will burn the house down. Well, he stopped. Anyway, nobody really knew what happened next but my uncle explained that he was able to talk to Benjamin and they made a deal that my uncle will keep the house, Benjamin will remain on the invisible 3rd floor and the maid will go home to the province. And things went back to normal.

So then my dad graduated and moved out, and years later met my mom and they got married. After I was born (I'm 3rd kid), we moved back to the duplex. My uncle still lives on the 2nd floor (well, he still lives there until today). One day, my brother, who was 5 at the time, was playing peek-a-boo with an invisible friend so my mom asked him what his friend's name is and my brother told her it's Benjamin. My mom did not know anything about the previous events that happened in that house so she did not think anything of it - just the normal pretend play kids do. So then she told my dad about it and my dad about passed out. So my dad talked to his brother and told him he doesn't want Benjamin playing with the kids and, I guess my uncle talked to Benjamin because my brother never saw him again.

Then, one night, somebody robbed our house while we were asleep! It was so wierd because my mom is a very light sleeper and I was a baby then and would wake up for feeding several times at night. But that night, I didn't cry and my mom didn't wake up until morning! That's when she noticed several things missing in the house. And that was wierd too because the stuff that was missing were all junk! For example, we just bought a new stereo and right next to it is the old broken stereo. They took the old broken stereo and left the new one... Anyway, my uncle went to talk to Benjamin and Benjamin admitted to doing something to keep us sleeping and hide our stuff except for the junk stuff. The police never solved the crime. But my uncle (who is now this big shot lawyer) hired his Private Investigator to gain info on the robbery and we found out that the robbery was done by this crime ring made up of criminals who are in prison in cahoots with their warden. The warden would let them out at night, give them firearms, and have them rob a house. Then they round them up and put them back in jail before morning... The prisoners prefer jail to freedom because they get free housing, free food, free tv, free booze, and a nightlife! Anyway, if my mom would have woken up while the robbery was going on, there's a big chance she would have been shot. They shot somebody before already.

Anyway, that's my freaky story... Oh, and Benjamin and my uncle are still friends until today in that house...

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Trippy huh?
INDEED! Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's always been one of my favorites.
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] - that is one crazy story! Incredible!

I've been watching the new crop of "ghosty shows" (that's what I call them). The Mine one? Lame. The "Ghost Team" one? Watched it once and could not stand it another minute. I don't even remember the name of the dang thing. It was awful. I am still loving "DEAD FILES" with kookoo Amy and Steve the cop. I only wish she'd use something other than "BAD" to describe something....ugh. I swear she says that world twenty times an episode.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Just found this thread. It's awesome!!

My oldest daughter has always been sensitive and has been slapped hard enough by an unseen entity in an old inn to leave a red handprint on her face. When she was pregnant with my first grandson, I was bummed because I couldn't go to her baby shower. She kept telling me that it was OK because she felt "love all around me." She has lost 3 grandparents, close great-aunts and uncles, cousins, friends, etc. When they sent me photos of the baby shower, Annie was covered in orbs. At first we thought that someone had splattered something on the lens of the camera, but the photos taken right after still showed many orbs, but they had moved. It was beautiful.

She went to the Stanley Hotel 2 years ago and had a panic attack and had trouble breathing on the 4th floor during the tour and couldn't believe everyone on the tour wasn't feeling the same thing as she. When she mentioned it to the tour guide she told Annie that they used to keep TB patients on that floor. We're going back in June. I can't wait!

We've had many experiences over the years, including seeing a dark shadow that I believe was my first bullmastiff dart around a corner shortly after he died. It comforted me to know he was still with me. :)

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] --- Ooooooooooo! May we please hear more stories?

I often think how cool it would be to be a sensitive -- but who REALLY knows how that would be? I'm a Virgo and tend to be quite the realist so sensitive? Not in my DNA I don't think....

MORE STORIES EVERYONE!
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - been on any great ghost hunts lately???!!!! SHARE!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Just found this thread. It's awesome!!

My oldest daughter has always been sensitive and has been slapped hard enough by an unseen entity in an old inn to leave a red handprint on her face. When she was pregnant with my first grandson, I was bummed because I couldn't go to her baby shower. She kept telling me that it was OK because she felt "love all around me." She has lost 3 grandparents, close great-aunts and uncles, cousins, friends, etc. When they sent me photos of the baby shower, Annie was covered in orbs. At first we thought that someone had splattered something on the lens of the camera, but the photos taken right after still showed many orbs, but they had moved. It was beautiful.

She went to the Stanley Hotel 2 years ago and had a panic attack and had trouble breathing on the 4th floor during the tour and couldn't believe everyone on the tour wasn't feeling the same thing as she. When she mentioned it to the tour guide she told Annie that they used to keep TB patients on that floor. We're going back in June. I can't wait!

We've had many experiences over the years, including seeing a dark shadow that I believe was my first bullmastiff dart around a corner shortly after he died. It comforted me to know he was still with me. :)

ooh, like reading this. Funny this is the thread that never dies. ;) love the stories!

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Here's another that involves my daughter. When she was about 2 years old I was on a search for an antique stained glass window for our house. I went into an antique barn that was packed to the rafters with everything you could imagine. As we made our way through the barn I noticed a large black carriage in the corner. I didn't give it another thought until we got closer and I started to feel a horrible fear. I thought it was just my imagination and tried to brush it aside. As we got right next to the carriage, my fear turned to panic. I had the overwhelming feeling that whatever it was that was bothering me wanted Annie and that she was in danger. I scooped her up and literally ran out of the building into the car and never went back again. I had never felt anything like that.

The time she was slapped was at an inn in the Texas hill country. There were only 3 or 4 of us in the house and she was taking a nap. She started screaming (she was about 14) and came upstairs, where the rest of us were sitting, screaming that her brother had slapped her. She had a red handprint on the side of her face. I went off in search of her older brother to find out what has possessed him to slap her. He was no where in the inn. I left the inn in a rage and ran into my husband coming up from the river. My son had been with him the entire time. When I questioned Annie after she settled down, she said she had awakened in the darkened room and felt someone staring at her with their face less than a foot from hers. She said when she tried to push them away she felt the slap and just assumed it was her brother. We went back to that inn a couple more times and she refused to stay in the same room.

i have been looking for the baby shower pictures. I will post them when I find them.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
wowza, those are all some pretty creepy stories!!
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], i thought i'd try watching Dead Files again recently and have come to enjoy it more (despite being very annoyed by Amy's facial expressions) . I still like Ghost Adventurers too. Also, Animal Planet had a show on called the Haunting (or something like that)...related to animals and their sense of detecting ghosts and spirits. Found that show to be pretty scary too.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
i thought i'd try watching Dead Files again recently and have come to enjoy it more (despite being very annoyed by Amy's facial expressions).

It seems like they've toned down her vague descriptives and her camera guy asks more intelligent questions, keeping her from saying stuff like "He's a bad man" and "I don't like this guy" -- which she says truly, almost every single episode. The best one BY FAR (I think) was when she went to visit the couple with the downs sydrome daughter. The dad didn't believe any of it --- at first --- and the mother was convinced that a ghost person was appearing to her daughter and having long conversations with her. The mother was moved to tears with fright! Hooray!

They are starting to make ones where Steve and Amy revisit places they've been --- to check up on what's happened. Those are good too. I'm always amazed by how many folks don't take Amy's advice in the long term.

Ghost Adventures has been showing some "best of" style, themed episodes that have been quite good lately!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I love reading this thread!!! I don't have any experiences of my own. I'm not sensitive what so ever and honestly don't think I would want to be. I don't think I could handle it. :scared:

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] - where are those ghosty fotos you promised???! I think your daughter must be a sensitive...? Do you think so? Do you think you are? (Black Carriage experience)

More ghosty stories! Anyone? Anyone?

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I am still looking for them, [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]. I am sure they are in a file on one of the computers. I am off work today and will look again. I do think she's a sensitive. I am not sure about me, but there have been times when I am driving through Detroit (where my dad grew up) that I feel him or my grandmother sitting with me. The morning my grandfather died I was in that relaxed, not quite awake state and my grandfather came to me in a very white room and said "Goodbye, Girlie. I love you." I woke up crying, and told my husband that my grandfather had just died. He was spooked, but not as much as when my mother called about 20 minutes later to tell me he had died that morning. I think she was a little shocked when I told her I knew and that he had told me. And also a little upset that he didn't say goodbye to her. I have very fond memories of sitting on his front porch with him on Sunday afternoons while he hand-watered his beautiful lawn, listening to the Detroit Tiger games. I found out after he died that he had moved to Detroit from south Louisiana (he was Cajun) because he had a tryout with the team. He didn't make the team and stayed to go to work in the auto industry. I don't think he ever missed listening or watching a game.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Absolutely loved reading your stories. My dad died 18 months ago and without boring you with too much details lets just say there was A LOT of things that werent resolved because he died suddenly. It tortures me every single day about how things were left and i often have nightmares about it and dreams that hes still here and we could sort things out. I still look for him when im walking around shopping etc hoping im gonna bump into him even though i know itl never happen. Ive been in two minds wether to go to a spirit person or not to see if he comes through but i just dont know what i believe.. Iv never seen ghosts or had wierd unexplained things happen (although im too dippy to notice if something got moved lol) except the other day a balloon was floating very wierdly towards me from across the other side of the room but there was no draft.. But it was a helium balloon so i just figured it was movig around for that reason and popped it .. Anyway point of this post is because i dont know what to believe i just dont know what to do about seeing a spirit person or not.

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Absolutely loved reading your stories. My dad died 18 months ago and without boring you with too much details lets just say there was A LOT of things that werent resolved because he died suddenly. It tortures me every single day about how things were left and i often have nightmares about it and dreams that hes still here and we could sort things out. I still look for him when im walking around shopping etc hoping im gonna bump into him even though i know itl never happen. Ive been in two minds wether to go to a spirit person or not to see if he comes through but i just dont know what i believe.. Iv never seen ghosts or had wierd unexplained things happen (although im too dippy to notice if something got moved lol) except the other day a balloon was floating very wierdly towards me from across the other side of the room but there was no draft.. But it was a helium balloon so i just figured it was movig around for that reason and popped it .. Anyway point of this post is because i dont know what to believe i just dont know what to do about seeing a spirit person or not.

There are so many con artists out there who will gladly take your money and tell you what you want to hear. It's a tough call. Without knowing any details, I hope that you can find some peace regarding the unresolved issues.

I found the photos! Annie is obviously the pregnant one! This was her baby shower when she said she felt love all around her. What we noticed in all the photos is that the orbs were not in one place from one frame to the next. I was only able to find these three. The one of all three of my kids together at the shower was amazing! I haven't located that one yet. There was movement. I kind of like that they have "people" looking out for them. :)

66213_1586675900331_7190204_n.jpg71865_1586677020359_7975298_n.jpg73038_1586677660375_1326039_n.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.