Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I had my doubts about the Ghost Adventures boys too but then I discussed it with our own ghost hunter, @BrooklynStar and he's convinced me otherwise. He's convinced of their genuine-ness (is that a word?) and if its good enough for him; it's good enough for me. In fact, of all the shows that I now watch, Ghost Adventures is the most "real". There was a period of time there though, where Zak seemed to be simply inventing relationships between them and their ghost quarry. They'd hear an EVP like the classic "Get Out" and he'd say something like, "Is that Old Joe telling us to get out because of the danger of being in an old mine 3 miles under the earth in an earthquake zone?" You know, crap like that. He's backed off on that stuff - thank goodness. Let your viewers draw their own conclusions, Zak! As for the ghost box, I used to question that too until John shared his own experiences using one.

There are some shows that I can barely watch for their stupidness though. (another new word?) The Ghost Collector....lame. L.A.M.EEEEEEE. I can buy that the main guy is a expert of sorts based on his lengthy resume. However, as that show now exists, it's little more than a avenue for his two children to cash in on his little ghost hobby. The kids really offer nothing and the other two sidekicks are designed to be eye candy --- but they're so lame they're instead comical in their contribution to the show. I can usually watch a ghost show --- regardless --- but that one? I don't even DVR it anymore. It's just tooo lame. I used to enjoy Paranormal State quite a bit but, for me, the enormity of Ryan Buell's ego has tarnished the glow. The new show "The Unexplained" sometimes deals with paranormal stuff and it's been an interesting addition to my DVR-ing.

Secondly - I'm so happy this thread hasn't died (like the person's discussed here in ghost form! hahahaha) Maybe some of our new folks have their own Ghost Adventures to tell us about!

I have to agree. In the early seasons of G.A, when they were just starting out, Zak would try to draw conclusions about the meaning behind some of the stuff they caught. Some of the stuff seemed to make sense, and some of it was just pure nonsense. I like the fact that it's just the three of them that go in and film, and do everything themselves. Also, they typically do public Ghost Hunts, where you buy a ticket and get to hunt with them and 50 other people for 5 hours or so. My friend went with them to explore the Queen Mary, they caught some interesting stuff and it instantly turned my friend who was boarderline "Not so sure about this show", to "wow its not a fake" lol. Next time they come to NY or NJ I intend on purchasing a ticket and meeting up with them.

Also, out of all the shows I have to agree that it's the most real. Ghost Hunters, for example, go into a location and barly raise their voice, they dont try to engage the spirits in anyway. It's always the same thing too, "Is there anyone here who wishes to communicate?, "How did you die" ect ect. Whereas if the G.A guys are looking for the ghost of a murderer, Zak will say something like, "Are you in there you murdering B******". That usually gets some type of evidence. He may be provoking, but the whole goal is to try to find ghosts, even if it means getting under their ecoplasmic skin at times lol. I cant wait for the new season!

Last edited:
OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - Dozer looks FABULOUS btw!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have to agree. In the early seasons of G.A, when they were just starting out, Zak would try to draw conclusions about the meaning behind some of the stuff they caught. Some of the stuff seemed to make sense, and some of it was just pure nonsense. I like the fact that it's just the three of them that go in and film, and do everything themselves. Also, they typically do public Ghost Hunts, where you buy a ticket and get to hunt with them and 50 other people for 5 hours or so. My friend went with them to explore the Queen Mary, they caught some interesting stuff and it instantly turned my friend who was boarderline "Not so sure about this show", to "wow its not a fake" lol. Next time they come to NY or NJ I intend on purchasing a ticket and meeting up with them.

Also, out of all the shows I have to agree that it's the most real. Ghost Hunters, for example, go into a location and barly raise their voice, they dont try to engage the spirits in anyway. It's always the same thing too, "Is there anyone here who wishes to communicate?, "How did you die" ect ect. Whereas if the G.A guys are looking for the ghost of a murderer, Zak will say something like, "Are you in there you murdering B******". That usually gets some type of evidence. He may be provoking, but the whole goal is to try to find ghosts, even if it means getting under their ecoplasmic skin at times lol. I cant wait for the new season!

so maybe that explains why they get so much? My thoughts on ghost adventures is it seems real as in their fear etc BUT they catch SO much on every show, there is never a show they dont catch much which seems a bit added to perhaps? And when they get possessed that makes it a little less believable for me. BUT we still watch it and it does keep our interest more than ghost hunters which is very sad cuz I trust ghost hunters more as far as being honest. BUT they dont catch much these days. Havent really watched any other shows lately, they had that ghost cops I think it was? or something and it was a good one, believable. But stopped recording so I guess it got cancelled.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
so maybe that explains why they get so much? My thoughts on ghost adventures is it seems real as in their fear etc BUT they catch SO much on every show, there is never a show they dont catch much which seems a bit added to perhaps? And when they get possessed that makes it a little less believable for me. BUT we still watch it and it does keep our interest more than ghost hunters which is very sad cuz I trust ghost hunters more as far as being honest. BUT they dont catch much these days. Havent really watched any other shows lately, they had that ghost cops I think it was? or something and it was a good one, believable. But stopped recording so I guess it got cancelled.

If I remember correctly they have several unaired episodes where they caught practically nothing so they never aired. But going to allegedly super haunted locations help too :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't think the guys on GH are good enough actors to act as creeped out as they do on the air, so they seem very believable. I enjoy getting a good scare w/that show.

Anyone watch the Dead Files ? it's another show w/some clairvoyant lady and an investigator. I saw one episode and got a little turned off b/c the lady was a bit on the overly dramatic/annoying side.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Too bad my favorite ghost hunter @BrooklynStar is no where near you. He could come over and get some EVPs so you can find out what's going on @GatorRay. AWESOME STORIES. I am --- and always have been -- fascinated by the paranormal. This peak of interest with the general public (and all the ghost shows) is only feeding that fury. ha ha ha

Have you considered having a psychic come in?

OH Where is Chip Coffee when you need him?!!!!

I talked to a psychic about it once and he said it surrounded a red chair (which we have) and that there is someone looking through the glass doors. He was not, nor had ever been to our house. The doors between the kitchen/sunroom and formal dining room/sunroom are big glass french doors. The ones between the formal dining/sunroom is the creepy spot. That and the formal living room attached to the formal dining.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think the guys on GH are good enough actors to act as creeped out as they do on the air, so they seem very believable. I enjoy getting a good scare w/that show.

Anyone watch the Dead Files ? it's another show w/some clairvoyant lady and an investigator. I saw one episode and got a little turned off b/c the lady was a bit on the overly dramatic/annoying side.

Oh yessssss. I am absolutely DVR-ing Amy and her creative psychosis. ha ha ha It seems that the camera guy during her "walk" is helping her be less annoying. She needs to learn more adjectives -- that's for sure. "It's baaaaaddd" and "I don't like him" - ok, what ELSE, AMY? Steve the cop is awesome. I think this show is going to evolve into something worth watching. The most recent episode; with the Dolly lady and the daughter named Salem? That episode was quite good and I think Amy was wonderful with that death obsessed kid. I got the feeling that Salem's conversation with Amy had quite a positive impact on the child as she almost bursts into tears toward the end of their conversation. I'm going to keep watching that one in hopes it improves some more.

As for GH, now that Grant is gone....I don't know if I'm even interested. He was my favorite guy on that show. Boo hiss boo.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I talked to a psychic about it once and he said it surrounded a red chair (which we have) and that there is someone looking through the glass doors. He was not, nor had ever been to our house. The doors between the kitchen/sunroom and formal dining room/sunroom are big glass french doors. The ones between the formal dining/sunroom is the creepy spot. That and the formal living room attached to the formal dining.

Fascinating stuff! What else did he/she say? What's with the red chair????

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]
Not sure about the red chair. It was my husband's grandmother's chair that she sat in. One of those little arm chairs that rocks and swivels covered in a red velvety material. I sit in it all the time, not creepy or anything lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I do believe and I believe that the house we currently live in is haunted.

Over the last two years here are the instances:

General creepy feelings in the sun room and the formal living room. Kind of like someone is watching you are is standing behind you.

Tons of bangs in our bedroom ceiling and the wall behind our bed. The other side of the wall is the stairs going down.

Funky scratching noise one night in our bedroom. It was after everyone went to bed and I was not yet asleep. Sounded like someone scratching on our laundry hamper (I got up and tried it to see and it was the same noise). This lasted for about 45 seconds to one minute.

One night we were sleeping and I had my back to my bedside table. I woke up and was looking at my husband's back and all of a sudden, the glass of water I had on the table fell off. I was laying still and was fully awake when it happened. I didn't see it because I had my back to the table at the time, but I heard it.

Once, I got up and our mattress had moved kind of sideways and away from the headboard enough for my pillow to fall between the mattress and headboard. Never happened before and I don't think it was a rough night or anything. Hasn't happened since and that was a long time ago.

My mom was in the basement and she heard something that sounded like something moving across the floor in the den. She went up and all dogs were sleeping in there crates and we were all at work & school.

Two really creepy things:

Right after we moved in, my daughter came in my room and said a voice woke her up and it said, "I am here to make sure you are good". She was freaked!

TWICE I was laying on my side in bed and under my hips/butt I felt what seemed like a hand was laying under me and curled up it's fingers. FREAKED OUT! These were two separate times, months apart.

Some background on the house...When we were looking for the house, a realtor was taking me around (though we were renting) and we passed this house and I knew it was supposed to be mine. We couldn't actually get inside while I was in town because I was only here a few days. I did peek in through the windows and could see the goreous sun room and kitchen. I left town and she promised to get inside and take pictures for me. The house was fully furnished because the owners had died and the children had inherited it. No-one had been in it for 10 months.

So I get the pics of the inside and as soon as I saw the master bedroom, I knew. Someone died in there. So I asked and the realtor found out that, yes, the father had died from bleeding out in the master bedroom. He was on blood thinners and had injured himself or something and died. I loved the house and took it anyway. I think he got hurt in the sun room because after we moved in, there were little blood splatters on the blinds in there. They were tiny, and I only even saw them because I was wiping them down, but they were everywhere along the back wall of windows.

I also bought some of the existing furniture so I don't think that is helping that three rooms look very much like they did when the previous owners lived here. BTW, the mom died in a car accident about a year before. They were in the process of building/decorating the sunroom they built onto the back of the house and she never saw it completed. She did pick out everything in there though. The daughter said that no-one was allowed in there after it was completed.

The bad feelings actually got so bad, I got a white sage smudge stick and smudged the house. The whole time saying that the light of God surrounds us and the love of God protects us. I did it right before we went to Florida in June. It does feel better now but I am thinking about doing it again.

Some things from when I was a kid.- My grandparents lived way out in the boonies on a gravel road in an old 110+ year old farm house (they were cattle farmers). Once I was sleeping in the tiny room off the front door (originally a mud room turned into a tiny bedroom) and I woke up and something black was hovering over me. I was the only one that would willingly sleep in there. My dad, aunts, and grandparents refused. Then, a punch bowl used to sit on top of the top cabinets in the kitchen. It had cups hanging on it with little plastic hooks. There was a loud sound and when we went in there, the cups were sitting on the top of the cabinet and all the hooks were on the floor in front of it (even the back ones).

I still adore this house but it can be creepy and you feel like someone is watching you. Or you hear strange noises or the dogs bark for no reason.

How did I miss this one?!?!?! WOW! So was your daughter good after being woke up? LMAO I think that might scare me to be good.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] she gets creeped out here and there but we dont talk about it unless she brings it up. i dont want to encourage her imagination!!! occasionally she will come out and say she cant breathe in there. plus we close her door at night because she swears people come in there. It only comes up like once a month or less.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] she gets creeped out here and there but we dont talk about it unless she brings it up. i dont want to encourage her imagination!!! occasionally she will come out and say she cant breathe in there. plus we close her door at night because she swears people come in there. It only comes up like once a month or less.

Crazy, you would think she would want it open to be closer to you.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oops, I meant to say i watch Ghost Adventures, not Ghost Hunters. Just wanted to clarify that.:loco2:

why o why are the names of these two shows so dang similar??!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
oops, I meant to say i watch Ghost Adventures, not Ghost Hunters. Just wanted to clarify that.:loco2:

why o why are the names of these two shows so dang similar??!

I can't keep any of them straight either, aside from these 2. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.