Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Orbs in Thailand.jpg

Okay, I'm new and just came across this thread but thought better late than never! My wife, Sriurai, is from Thailand. She decided to go in with 2 of her sisters and build a house in Thailand on the property her parents home used to be on and where the children grew up. Thai people keep "Spirit Houses" on their property. It is a place for the spirits to be honored. They are beautiful ornate houses in miniature scale that can be small or very large. Anyway, during the building of the house her family sent us pictures. There were no spirit houses on the property yet. I believe the ones that were there when her parents home stood, were gone. So we get these pictures and there they are, plan as day...the infamous orbs. Click on this picture and be amazed at all the orbs visible. I was blown away!!! I still haven't been able to count them all. I have more stories but this was photographic proof extraordinaire!!!

The next story has no pictures but it happened shortly after my Mom passed away. I was sitting alone in my living room working on something and needed some more notebook paper. I was sitting in my huge soft lazy boy recliner and got up and walked over to my desk. Darn! No notebook paper. I figured that my oldest son probably had paper in his desk in his bedroom so I ambled down the hallway. Darn again! No paper! How was I going to finish what I was doing. I went back to my recliner to pick up my work and there, sitting in the recliner were 4 sheet of pristine, unwrinkled notebook paper. Now I was the only one in the house and I can't explain this for the life of me. I can only assume that my Mom had brought it to me.

Duff

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Love that picture! And the papers r a trip for sure. Never too late for stories so if you have more please share. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] - great story. I believe some folks really are gifted in that way. I wish I was! I used to be a very serious student of the tarot. I've recently picked up my cards after MANY MANY years and the cards have confirmed some pretty uncanny stuff; including that I would have two job offers, not know which one to pick and then choose the one I did choose for "quality of life" issues over money. In three readings, in three days, I got the "Devil" card (not a bad thing!) which reminds us that the quest for fortune sometimes becomes a horrible burden. As it turns out, one job - the one I didn't take-- paid a hell of a lot more than the other. The cards also predicted the death of my daughter's 17 year old cat, Lucy (which was another series of cards I got four days in a row!).

OK. Nuff of that tangent. LOL

MORE GHOSTY STORIES! Who's next??

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I actually have been ghost hunting a lot. My friend bought the SB-7 Spirit Box and we go to Greenwood Cemetery at night (we park outside and stay by the fence) and holy crap have we caught some crazy stuff.
One instance was absolutly mind blowing.

Me: Are you at peace?
Woman's Voice: Yes
Me: Are you alone?
Woman's Voice: Yes
Me: What's the name of the person sitting next to me?
Woman's Voice: Chris
Me: Holy Cow! What year is it?
Woman's Voice: 2012

CHILLS. That's all that really sums up that experience. I had a conversation with a spirit of a woman in real time thanks to that SB-7 spirit box. We have gone like 8 times so far and have caught so many different things. I don't look at the world the same any more, and after these encounters I can say with 100% certainty that there is something after we die. I just dont know what it is.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5345]bodypeersur[/MENTION] - wow @ that notebook paper story!!!!

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - what an amazing story! I had doubts about that spirit box -- based on my personal feelings about the Ghost Adventures crew --- but, Dude, if you say it's legit; its legit. Flippin' amazing, John.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
DSCN1897.jpg

Is that an orb to the right of me? I'm not sure about my thoughts on orbs. All too often its dust or a sun spot. I don't know, but the one here doesn't look like dust, but it is pretty bright behind me

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I do believe and I believe that the house we currently live in is haunted.

Over the last two years here are the instances:

General creepy feelings in the sun room and the formal living room. Kind of like someone is watching you are is standing behind you.

Tons of bangs in our bedroom ceiling and the wall behind our bed. The other side of the wall is the stairs going down.

Funky scratching noise one night in our bedroom. It was after everyone went to bed and I was not yet asleep. Sounded like someone scratching on our laundry hamper (I got up and tried it to see and it was the same noise). This lasted for about 45 seconds to one minute.

One night we were sleeping and I had my back to my bedside table. I woke up and was looking at my husband's back and all of a sudden, the glass of water I had on the table fell off. I was laying still and was fully awake when it happened. I didn't see it because I had my back to the table at the time, but I heard it.

Once, I got up and our mattress had moved kind of sideways and away from the headboard enough for my pillow to fall between the mattress and headboard. Never happened before and I don't think it was a rough night or anything. Hasn't happened since and that was a long time ago.

My mom was in the basement and she heard something that sounded like something moving across the floor in the den. She went up and all dogs were sleeping in there crates and we were all at work & school.

Two really creepy things:

Right after we moved in, my daughter came in my room and said a voice woke her up and it said, "I am here to make sure you are good". She was freaked!

TWICE I was laying on my side in bed and under my hips/butt I felt what seemed like a hand was laying under me and curled up it's fingers. FREAKED OUT! These were two separate times, months apart.

Some background on the house...When we were looking for the house, a realtor was taking me around (though we were renting) and we passed this house and I knew it was supposed to be mine. We couldn't actually get inside while I was in town because I was only here a few days. I did peek in through the windows and could see the goreous sun room and kitchen. I left town and she promised to get inside and take pictures for me. The house was fully furnished because the owners had died and the children had inherited it. No-one had been in it for 10 months.

So I get the pics of the inside and as soon as I saw the master bedroom, I knew. Someone died in there. So I asked and the realtor found out that, yes, the father had died from bleeding out in the master bedroom. He was on blood thinners and had injured himself or something and died. I loved the house and took it anyway. I think he got hurt in the sun room because after we moved in, there were little blood splatters on the blinds in there. They were tiny, and I only even saw them because I was wiping them down, but they were everywhere along the back wall of windows.

I also bought some of the existing furniture so I don't think that is helping that three rooms look very much like they did when the previous owners lived here. BTW, the mom died in a car accident about a year before. They were in the process of building/decorating the sunroom they built onto the back of the house and she never saw it completed. She did pick out everything in there though. The daughter said that no-one was allowed in there after it was completed.

The bad feelings actually got so bad, I got a white sage smudge stick and smudged the house. The whole time saying that the light of God surrounds us and the love of God protects us. I did it right before we went to Florida in June. It does feel better now but I am thinking about doing it again.

Some things from when I was a kid.- My grandparents lived way out in the boonies on a gravel road in an old 110+ year old farm house (they were cattle farmers). Once I was sleeping in the tiny room off the front door (originally a mud room turned into a tiny bedroom) and I woke up and something black was hovering over me. I was the only one that would willingly sleep in there. My dad, aunts, and grandparents refused. Then, a punch bowl used to sit on top of the top cabinets in the kitchen. It had cups hanging on it with little plastic hooks. There was a loud sound and when we went in there, the cups were sitting on the top of the cabinet and all the hooks were on the floor in front of it (even the back ones).

I still adore this house but it can be creepy and you feel like someone is watching you. Or you hear strange noises or the dogs bark for no reason.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Too bad my favorite ghost hunter [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] is no where near you. He could come over and get some EVPs so you can find out what's going on [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]. AWESOME STORIES. I am --- and always have been -- fascinated by the paranormal. This peak of interest with the general public (and all the ghost shows) is only feeding that fury. ha ha ha

Have you considered having a psychic come in?

OH Where is Chip Coffee when you need him?!!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lately, I have been watching episodes of Ghost Adventures, in the dark, with Tate and Finn by my side. Last night I watched an episode where Zak, the main guy, became "possessed" by someone's spirit. Lots of folks on various online boards think these guys are faking it, just acting...but even tho i'm a bit of a skeptic w/these types of programs, I don't think these guys can "act" as spooked as they are.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Lately, I have been watching episodes of Ghost Adventures, in the dark, with Tate and Finn by my side. Last night I watched an episode where Zak, the main guy, became "possessed" by someone's spirit. Lots of folks on various online boards think these guys are faking it, just acting...but even tho i'm a bit of a skeptic w/these types of programs, I don't think these guys can "act" as spooked as they are.

WHen I watch these shows I end up not being able to sleep! Paranormal Acitivity caused me to lose sleep for 4 days :( I know its not real but it was scary!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
DSCN1897.jpg

Is that an orb to the right of me? I'm not sure about my thoughts on orbs. All too often its dust or a sun spot. I don't know, but the one here doesn't look like dust, but it is pretty bright behind me

:eek: That would freak me out

Love the shirt

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
So wait, it isn't really REAL?? [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] what is your opinion on Ghost Adventures?

I had my doubts about the Ghost Adventures boys too but then I discussed it with our own ghost hunter, [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] and he's convinced me otherwise. He's convinced of their genuine-ness (is that a word?) and if its good enough for him; it's good enough for me. In fact, of all the shows that I now watch, Ghost Adventures is the most "real". There was a period of time there though, where Zak seemed to be simply inventing relationships between them and their ghost quarry. They'd hear an EVP like the classic "Get Out" and he'd say something like, "Is that Old Joe telling us to get out because of the danger of being in an old mine 3 miles under the earth in an earthquake zone?" You know, crap like that. He's backed off on that stuff - thank goodness. Let your viewers draw their own conclusions, Zak! As for the ghost box, I used to question that too until John shared his own experiences using one.

There are some shows that I can barely watch for their stupidness though. (another new word?) The Ghost Collector....lame. L.A.M.EEEEEEE. I can buy that the main guy is a expert of sorts based on his lengthy resume. However, as that show now exists, it's little more than a avenue for his two children to cash in on his little ghost hobby. The kids really offer nothing and the other two sidekicks are designed to be eye candy --- but they're so lame they're instead comical in their contribution to the show. I can usually watch a ghost show --- regardless --- but that one? I don't even DVR it anymore. It's just tooo lame. I used to enjoy Paranormal State quite a bit but, for me, the enormity of Ryan Buell's ego has tarnished the glow. The new show "The Unexplained" sometimes deals with paranormal stuff and it's been an interesting addition to my DVR-ing.

Secondly - I'm so happy this thread hasn't died (like the person's discussed here in ghost form! hahahaha) Maybe some of our new folks have their own Ghost Adventures to tell us about!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.