Ghost Crazy? Yeah...us too......

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Has anyone been to Gettysburg? They say there is tons of activity there.

I have I wrote about what transpired in a post earlier in this thread...its a great little town...awesome for a weekend getaway.

If you can wait until next year go..its the 150th anniversary...from what i heard they are going to be doing awesome stuff for that

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I have I wrote about what transpired in a post earlier in this thread...its a great little town...awesome for a weekend getaway.

If you can wait until next year go..its the 150th anniversary...from what i heard they are going to be doing awesome stuff for that

I overlooked it so I went back. Did you happen to check out the orphanage? I'd love to go next year. We will be there on Saturday of this week and then leave on Wednesday but are then heading to DC. I'm excited!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Has anyone been to Gettysburg? They say there is tons of activity there.

This has nothing to do with ghosts...but if you're going to Gettysburg, stop and have a meal at Appalachian Brewing Company. Good food & good beer :cheers:

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Spent 3 days in Gettysburg,,, loved it!!!! Have been in DC for the last 3 days,,,, fun but the smog is killing me. Then heading to Myrtle Beach. I have some good pics from Gettysburg but can't analyze them until I'm back home on my desk top.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Spent 3 days in Gettysburg,,, loved it!!!! Have been in DC for the last 3 days,,,, fun but the smog is killing me. Then heading to Myrtle Beach. I have some good pics from Gettysburg but can't analyze them until I'm back home on my desk top.

Awesome, Jen! I can't wait to see all your good ghost photos!

I just re-read this thread. There are some amazing stories here. We have a lot of new folks here. Anyone else with an experience with the paranormal?

KEEP EM COMING!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Awesome, Jen! I can't wait to see all your good ghost photos!

I just re-read this thread. There are some amazing stories here. We have a lot of new folks here. Anyone else with an experience with the paranormal?

KEEP EM COMING!

We are back home but bear with me. I've been busy packing and it appears that I have over 1200 pics to check out

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
We are back home but bear with me. I've been busy packing and it appears that I have over 1200 pics to check out

Still waiting to see your results, Jen! :photo:

Has anyone seen the new show "School Spirits"? It's on SyFy. It's supposed to be "based on real experiences". I'm milk toast about it so far. Eh. I'm not convinced that the people they interview in between the dramatic pieces are the actual people -- so that kind of wrecks it for me. I like a reality show more.

Here's the synopsis:

Executive Producer Mark Burnett joins forces with Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna, creators of the hit series Celebrity Ghost Stories, to take viewers on a spooky thrill ride through some of the most infamously haunted colleges and high schools nationwide. Students, alumni, and faculty share their intimate paranormal encounters while their experiences are brought to life in Jarrett's arresting style of storytelling.

Every campus has its secrets...

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Still waiting to see your results, Jen! :photo:

Has anyone seen the new show "School Spirits"? It's on SyFy. It's supposed to be "based on real experiences". I'm milk toast about it so far. Eh. I'm not convinced that the people they interview in between the dramatic pieces are the actual people -- so that kind of wrecks it for me. I like a reality show more.

Here's the synopsis:

Executive Producer Mark Burnett joins forces with Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna, creators of the hit series Celebrity Ghost Stories, to take viewers on a spooky thrill ride through some of the most infamously haunted colleges and high schools nationwide. Students, alumni, and faculty share their intimate paranormal encounters while their experiences are brought to life in Jarrett's arresting style of storytelling.

Every campus has its secrets...

Havent seen this one. We have seen the ads for that new one with Jack Osbourne so we will tivo that and see. It is rare to find a good show that isnt over the top. lol

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Guess what ghost fans? I heard from our buddy - and professional Ghostkateer - [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] and he promises to come on and post and put up some NEW pics of his big boy, Dozer - VERY SOON. (He did promise - but I'm making sure by posting here....LOL)

I'm commenting in this thread so that I can hopefully shame him into sharing some of his latest ghost adventures. THEY HAVE BEEN AMAZING!!!!!! John, you simply must favor us with ONE at least! :begging:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Guess what ghost fans? I heard from our buddy - and professional Ghostkateer - [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] and he promises to come on and post and put up some NEW pics of his big boy, Dozer - VERY SOON. (He did promise - but I'm making sure by posting here....LOL)

I'm commenting in this thread so that I can hopefully shame him into sharing some of his latest ghost adventures. THEY HAVE BEEN AMAZING!!!!!! John, you simply must favor us with ONE at least! :begging:

Ummm yeah, no slacking off please. :D

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I took my kids on a ghost tour in Hawaii, but we did not see or hear anything, but the stories were fun.

I only have one experience that was weird and can't really explain... My relationship with my Ex ended rather sudden and I needed to find a cheap temp place to hang out until everything was settled. I found an available room in a house with this lady who was flexible with the lease arrangements, so I took it. It wasn't until I started moving into my room that I noticed the nature of books and things in the house... she was into tarot cards, witchcraft and other stuff like this. I don't have much belief in this stuff, so no fears, it just meant to me that I was sharing a house with an eccentric lady.

I didn't have much interaction with her, but was caught chatting with her at the kitchen table one night, just general chit chat, not anything spooky, and every few minutes I would get really intense chicken skin and my hair would feel like it would stand up... it felt like a wave of energy passing through me. I wasn't spooked or anything which made it puzzling to me why I was feeling this. I shared this with her after she mentioned the spirit she could see standing behind me, and she said she was feeling the same thing. Now what was freaky was that after she shared that she was also feeling this, I would look at her arms whenever I had the chicken skin, and she would have it as well, and when mine passed, hers would go away at the same time.

She would also offer to do tarot readings for me, but I never felt I had any burning questions, so I would normally pass... I did give in one time though, and the only question I could think to ask was "how would my upcoming business trip to Alaska work out for me". She started flipping the cards and told me that I would fall for a girl with light colored hair, and alcohol would be involved. Well I didn't think too much about that until one night I was in a club called Chilkoot Charlie's and a waitress brought over a shot of vodka and informed me it was from the girl sitting at a table by herself. It would have been rude to drink it alone, plus she was attractive, so I went over and chatted with her. We hit it off really well and ended up spending the rest of my trip with her as she played tour guide, showing me places to view moose, northern lights, and other stuff (wink). Oh, and she did have light brown hair. At some point late in the trip I realized "holy crap, the witch room mate was right".

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I took my kids on a ghost tour in Hawaii, but we did not see or hear anything, but the stories were fun.

I only have one experience that was weird and can't really explain... My relationship with my Ex ended rather sudden and I needed to find a cheap temp place to hang out until everything was settled. I found an available room in a house with this lady who was flexible with the lease arrangements, so I took it. It wasn't until I started moving into my room that I noticed the nature of books and things in the house... she was into tarot cards, witchcraft and other stuff like this. I don't have much belief in this stuff, so no fears, it just meant to me that I was sharing a house with an eccentric lady.

I didn't have much interaction with her, but was caught chatting with her at the kitchen table one night, just general chit chat, not anything spooky, and every few minutes I would get really intense chicken skin and my hair would feel like it would stand up... it felt like a wave of energy passing through me. I wasn't spooked or anything which made it puzzling to me why I was feeling this. I shared this with her after she mentioned the spirit she could see standing behind me, and she said she was feeling the same thing. Now what was freaky was that after she shared that she was also feeling this, I would look at her arms whenever I had the chicken skin, and she would have it as well, and when mine passed, hers would go away at the same time.

She would also offer to do tarot readings for me, but I never felt I had any burning questions, so I would normally pass... I did give in one time though, and the only question I could think to ask was "how would my upcoming business trip to Alaska work out for me". She started flipping the cards and told me that I would fall for a girl with light colored hair, and alcohol would be involved. Well I didn't think too much about that until one night I was in a club called Chilkoot Charlie's and a waitress brought over a shot of vodka and informed me it was from the girl sitting at a table by herself. It would have been rude to drink it alone, plus she was attractive, so I went over and chatted with her. We hit it off really well and ended up spending the rest of my trip with her as she played tour guide, showing me places to view moose, northern lights, and other stuff (wink). Oh, and she did have light brown hair. At some point late in the trip I realized "holy crap, the witch room mate was right".

lol So you may believe a little now huh? :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.